The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

And in that making the same mistake every season, missing the first 5 or 6 games of the season. Then bringing expensive unfit loans that take 3 months to get match fit, because they had no pre-season.

When will the clubs and fans ever learn, we are in this mess because of poor recruitment, that includes an over reliance on loan players that over the last 4 or 5 years you can count on two fingers the loans that added anything to the team.

We have no choice but to rely on loans this year, I'm afraid.

Moore has already said he wants a new goalkeeper and two strikers.  We will just have to be patient.

36 minutes ago, Kendo Nagasaki said:

I feel Nev was actually referring to the pressure we as a fan base exert on the players and management staff which I agree with. The pressure on Chansiri however needs to increase as he is the single reason we are in a mess. UTO 

'the pressure we exerted on chansiri arrival' says it all. There is zero blame to be levied at fans. Anyone who believes that there is, needs their head checking. Very very odd comments from you and him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, owlinexile said:

We have no choice but to rely on loans this year, I'm afraid.

Moore has already said he wants a new goalkeeper and two strikers.  We will just have to be patient.

There are loads of free agents, loans have fees and often higher wages.

There are free agents with league experience and wont cost more than a few grand a week. Loaning kid from a premiership team could be the same as two league one players.

We need to stop the rot and not get relegated and a few harden league one performers will be a lot more use than some untried premiership kids.

1 hour ago, bigash_swfc said:

We're showing admiration for a Barnsley loanee like he plays for Bayern Munich.

When really he's on 200k per year at Orlando haha

Asking price for Dike was set at 20 million dollars as part of his loan to Barnsley. Trust me, i have genuinely have got more chance with Taytay and Knowles than of him coming to Hillsborough any time soon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, owlinexile said:

Well, obviously.

Chansiri priced us half a dozen games a season types out years ago.  Think I've been to about three games since he took over.  Occasionally tried to get my dad interested when I'm down visiting but he's long moved on and would much rather just take the kids out for a potter round Cannon Hall or something these days 

Explains a lot cheers 

15 hours ago, 0114 said:

I wonder if Adam Idah at Norwich would be a target.

He was Moore’s main target in January 2020 at Doncaster. He was due to sign then scored a hat trick in the FA cup and Norwich decided to keep him around.

Played 17 times last season and scored 3 in the Championship, mainly off the bench. But at 20 years of age and being an Irish international you’d have to think he’s ready to play week in and out on loan somewhere. Could certainly have Championship interest but just a name that came to mind.

Watched him a few time and said the same should be our number 1 target on loan next season. 

1 hour ago, bigash_swfc said:

We're showing admiration for a Barnsley loanee like he plays for Bayern Munich.

When really he's on 200k per year at Orlando haha

Asking price of £16m, appeared in a play off semi final.

It's as daft as suggesting Doncaster Rovers had a chance at signing Anthony Knockaert after we knocked Brighton out the semis a few years ago.

Dike is operating in a different galaxy to Sheffield Wednesday.

• Like 1

Adam idah would be a fantastic signing the guy has all the attributes seen him quite a few times for Norwich would feel a lot more optimistic for season if we could get him? Would think few championship clubs mite think same