The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

Guest wilyfox
20 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

I’m still hopeful the lad from Donny comes in once we’ve stabilised our financial peril. 

Ticks the right boxes.

was reported that Reece James has a firm championship offer though. 

20 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

I’m still hopeful the lad from Donny comes in once we’ve stabilised our financial peril. 

Ticks the right boxes.

He joined Blackpool this morning. 

1 minute ago, wilyfox said:

was reported that Reece James has a firm championship offer though. 

1 minute ago, MarkS43Owl said:

He joined Blackpool this morning. 

Really??? Well that sucks!

1 minute ago, Philb125 said:

That’s a shame. Really liked the look of him, scores goals and sets them up. Never mind, onto the next victim. 

Notwithstanding rumours of interest may be wide of the mark, if our transfer targets are signing for Blackpool and St Mirren, we may as well forget this season if that's the quality of player we can't even attract. 

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

shows how far we have fallen when a player would rather sign for Blackpool than us. 

They can offer Championship football and don’t have any issues paying players. Unfortunately for us we’ll be shopping for players who won’t have much interest from others and get desperate. 

5 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

shows how far we have fallen when a player would rather sign for Blackpool than us. 

You've obviously never been for a beer on the seafront

They can just take any prospective signings for a pint of Carlsberg in The Manchester pub and nobody is gonna turn down a move like that

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, striker said:

Notwithstanding rumours of interest may be wide of the mark, if our transfer targets are signing for Blackpool and St Mirren, we may as well forget this season if that's the quality of player we can't even attract. 

We are where we are. Blackpool crazy as it sounds are now in a better league and I'm sure in a position to offer better salaries. 

I don't subscribe to us being better prospect because of our history, stadium etc. They are above us on merit and given the choice most sensible professionals would choose them. I think as fans we need to accept that. 

• Love 1

1 minute ago, Philb125 said:

I don't subscribe to us being better prospect because of our history, stadium etc. They are above us on merit and given the choice most sensible professionals would choose them. I think as fans we need to accept that. 

Exactly 
If people bought into things because of history etc people would still be buying Android phones and Windows computers instead of the far superior and newer/more modern Apple equivalents

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

We are where we are. Blackpool crazy as it sounds are now in a better league and I'm sure in a position to offer better salaries. 

100% right. At the moment, we are one of the most unattractive teams out of the 92 in the top 4 divisions. I imagine agents will be advising players to stay well away from us at this moment in time. 

1 hour ago, striker said:

Having problems signing our own U-23 players to new deals shows how much we should expect from next season.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, richowl said:

We’ll struggle to attract anybody at the moment.

Until the accounts are submitted we're under an embargo, until the wages are sorted nobody will come.

DM might as well not have drawn up a list of targets, they're all likely to be taken by the time DC makes a move.

ATM we can't even compete with the likes of Wycombe who have made an actual cash bid for the Crewe striker, Owen Dale.

What an absolute mess of a club.

• Like 4