The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

So the transfer window is officially open today, are expecting a raft of signing or are we more likely not be hearing anything until the window shuts on the 31st August.

I hope we don't make the same mistakes of the last 3 or 4 years wasting silly sum on over paid, unfit loan signing, pay fees for players when do many decent free agents can be sign and leave everything to the last minute which means the prices increase 3 fold.

I hope CM of given a chance to build a team in his style and not left to work with what he has, as it will be a very long and painful season if we have little players incoming and we are not able to move on others than need to go for financial and general lack of contributions, Bannan, Luongo, Dunkley and one of Dawson or Wildsmith need moving on. If we get decent offers for Iorfa, Pattison, and Windass in our financial situation they need to be considered and the all only have 12 months contract left. We are in a lower quality league, lesser players can be improved, into better players (you know coaching them) but you need to get them at the right price.

we signed Whelan and Brunt on frees both were young and hungry and over 2 seasons they got better and better and we got promoted with both in the team then made close to £4m on both which would amount £10m in today's money, the sort of deals we should be doing now.

• Like 1

I wonder if Darren Moore has even spoke to the owner to be honest,  there’s blatantly no recruitment plan from the club and you fear the owner will want to operate with transfer deadline day PL loans 

I don’t see him sanctioning a single permanent signing, that’s my gut feeling , I think he’s completely given up and would be surprised if DM sticks about to work on these terms 

5 hours ago, Royal_D said:

I wonder if Darren Moore has even spoke to the owner to be honest,  there’s blatantly no recruitment plan from the club and you fear the owner will want to operate with transfer deadline day PL loans 

I don’t see him sanctioning a single permanent signing, that’s my gut feeling , I think he’s completely given up and would be surprised if DM sticks about to work on these terms 

We're in such a mess that many of our L1 rivals are more attractive than us ATM. DM might as well not have bothered having a list of targets because DC will be unable to move until it's too late. Still haven't submitted accounts yet, how shambolic is that?

6 hours ago, Royal_D said:

His track record suggests he will do nothing much of a rebuild and we will be well short. Past squad weaknesses were never addressed so why should the owner be bothered now to do anything? 

26 minutes ago, basegreenowl said:

His track record suggests he will do nothing much of a rebuild and we will be well short. Past squad weaknesses were never addressed so why should the owner be bothered now to do anything? 

I think the owner ‘not been bothered’ is at the front of my thoughts right now to be honest,  I said a few days ago I believed through a decent source of mine that it’s pure chaos inside the club and the owner is missing in action , and I still believe this is the case 

I think this is Chansiri end game, and it’s not gonna be pretty 

54 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

I think the owner ‘not been bothered’ is at the front of my thoughts right now to be honest,  I said a few days ago I believed through a decent source of mine that it’s pure chaos inside the club and the owner is missing in action , and I still believe this is the case 

You make it sound like DC  has a plan, an end game. I think he stumbles from one short-sighted decision to another without any coherent strategy.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

I tend to agree. The problem is, I don't think he's capable of an orderly exit by selling the club. I think it will have to be taken off him, most likely when he doesn't pay other liabilities to such as HMRC.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

You make it sound like DC  has a plan, an end game. I think he stumbles from one short-sighted decision to another without any coherent strategy.

Am not suggesting he has any plan, at all , far from it 

End game is him dropping the club like a stone in my opinion, like a child who’s took his toys home and sacked it off 

Even if he had a plan, Nobody but himself is aware of it because he’s on total radio silence 

3 minutes ago, striker said:

I tend to agree. The problem is, I don't think he's capable of an orderly exit by selling the club. I think it will have to be taken off him, most likely when he doesn't pay other liabilities to such as HMRC.

Yeh I’d tend to agree with your thoughts there aswell pal,  chances of an orderly exit very very slim here