Biggs on Talksport at 10.45 talking new manager!

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Biggs saying Chansiri's outbursts will have affected new managers wanting to come

Maybe potential new managers look at the other 4 appointments and realise particularly CC, Monk and Jos didn’t get any bad press from DC so maybe this was a one off in that regard 

Bruce got a bit of stick (he did shaft us as again Nixon alluded to yesterday)  from him but not on this level. 

So maybe I don’t agree with Biggs on this 

Edited by WhiteOwl91
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Just now, @owlstalk said:

True story - I had a bloke come up to me in central Cairo last year and tell me to give it back and that it should be in the museum in Cairo

Was quite the unexpected conversation

I had a similar episode in Athens regarding the Elgin Marbles with a waiter in a restaurant.

I told the bloke I’d seen them and that they were actually not that interesting and some of the stuff we nicked for Egypt was much more impressive. 

Pretty sure he gozzed in my meal. 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Reading between the lines, from the brief mentions yesterday, of a way forward, it seems that DC favours an overseas coach

Not surprising is it.Most British managers are not very good are they.Look at Wilder he was 1 of the best for a while but now the worst in premier league history!

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

The Rosetta Stone is on display at the British Museum. 

I took the kids there once and they were confused as there are almost no exhibits of British origin. I had to explain that it’s a museum of stuff we nicked from other countries and then refused to give back!

Anyway, ref Talksport I certainly won’t be listening. I get all my news from Owlstalk.
Not just football news but all news. Its the only source of truth on the internet!

I have a close affinity to the stone as I was the first to decipher it.  That was a nice couple of days.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Says Cook wasn't spoken to last time
Said he would be prepared to consider it

Says he is the kind of character who gets on with people and lifts the atmosphere

Says he gets results enterrtainingly

He got on well with Windass at Wigan, didn’t he? 😳

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Reading between the lines, from the brief mentions yesterday, of a way forward, it seems that DC favours an overseas coach

Racing certainty that it’ll be a foreign coach.

I look at it this way, foreign coaches are used to working with owners like DC. Being in a job for a short period of time is common place for a foreign coach. They also don’t expect the total control of playing matters that a British coach would expect.

DC would love to stumble across another Carlos and that’s what he’ll be hoping for this time?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

The most important thing now is Chansiri hires someone HE respects and wants to work with. 

I doubt that will be Cook.  

Chansiri doesn’t seem to have a great knowledge of football and people in football so I wish he would get advice from people that care about the club, not these leeches that only want to line their own pockets that currently advise him. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

18 minutes ago, morganowl said:

paul cook was most fans choice last time but quite strange that he was not  considered , same before monk rowett got mentioned but he never got considered either ,and he has done a really good job at millwall. this is not the time for a complete unknown european coach to come in , maybe  at the end of a season to have a 7 weeks to work with the players but not now.  paul cook can keep us up even if he didnt he would be the right man in league 1 .

"paul cook was most fans choice last time"

And you know this how?

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Chansiri doesn’t seem to have a great knowledge of football and people in football so I wish he would get advice from people that care about the club, not these leeches that only want to line their own pockets that currently advise him. 

Yes that would be ideal, but it’s clear from yesterday that’s not likely to happen soon.  So our best chance now is to recreate the Carlos love in. Otherwise I can’t see any positive future 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Stripes or die said:

"paul cook was most fans choice last time"

And you know this how?

people who i spoke to , poll on here he came 1st , pulis came last . my choice due to his record , able to work with a smaller budget knows championship league 1 well ,well respected , fans would like him and his football is a damm sight better than pulis/monk.  if you have a better man in our situation we are in im all ears . 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, morganowl said:

people who i spoke to , poll on here he came 1st , pulis came last . my choice due to his record , able to work with a smaller budget knows championship league 1 well ,well respected , fans would like him and his football is a damm sight better than pulis/monk.  if you have a better man in our situation we are in im all ears . 

can you pull up his championship managerial record ?  

6 minutes ago, ANDY said:

can you pull up his championship managerial record ?  

last season wigan had top 8 form from october till end of season they only went down due to -12 points and they had one of the lowest budgets .he works well pound per pound than nearly any manager . we aint got a war chest of money like carlos had and still couldn`t do it.  any new manager has scraps to work with ,and getting an unknown in this situation will send the club down to league 2 as administration  would be almost certain if we went down this season 

Edited by morganowl
  • Like 2