Fans Buyout Feasibility

Guest LondonOwl313

1 hour ago, Mcguigan said:

£8m per year TV money and PL solidarity payments, that’s guaranteed.

£7m commercial and retail income, assuming we could find someone to match what DC puts in now.

£9m match day income, assuming we keep the same ticket prices and 24k average crowds hold up.

So £24m income, assuming we’re knock for knock with what we get now.

It probably takes £500k-£600k a month just the run the club, so £6m gone of the £24m.

That leaves us with a wages budget of £18m, which is around the bottom 5/6 in the Championship currently and no money for transfers.

Forget the £39m rolling losses for P&S because it’s far more complicated than just losing £13m a season.

The first season we post £13m losses the EFL will want assurances that we can get our house in order and request a forecast for the next two seasons. If we then inform them that we’re likely to post £13m again next season, we’ll be under soft sanctions. If we continue that into year 3, full on embargo will be imposed and possible points deduction.

Back in the same boat as know but with 100,000 fans significantly worse off for the pleasure.

We’d need to be consistently either buying or developing players and selling at the right price to stay in existence and that will take years to happen.

Surely the most important thing about the £13m losses is that somebody has to write a cheque to cover it!

Guest Mcguigan
58 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Surely the most important thing about the £13m losses is that somebody has to write a cheque to cover it!

Of course but the OP was factoring that in in his calculations. I was just pointing out that the EFL wouldn’t even entertain his business plan.

Guest Hornsby

First , power of Owlstalk as we've raised this issue on here prompting journos to pose question yesterday which Chansiri said he'd now consider. And he never lies.

Only way an outright purchase is feasible is Chsniri rights off debts  -mainly his - and keep stadium on 30 year lease,  but at peppercorn rent.  

Using his purchase price as a base less then stadium value, assume player assets about the same, this then leaves about £15 million to find.

Or our season ticket holders x £1,000 each. With incentives of 10% discounts on all purchases over 10 years - like our last B share offering - DOABLE.

Alternatively, Chansiri may wann consider retaining control - over 50% - but offering a tranche for fans to buy.

Apart from raising revenue, would also improve transparency and put some legal breaks on owner's madness.

Plus, bring in much needed skills and support for following who would by -

Megson, Wilko (footy matters), Michael Palin (communication), Sophie Ridge(PR),  Jarvis Cocker , Jermaine Jackson, Alex Turner , Martin Ware, Rick Savage, (entertainment), Hobbs (big Boxing shows), Lee Stafford (business), Hattersley,  Blunkett (political relations),    Tony Sewart (footy, p&l), that geezer used to run Barclays and Bank of England ( finance), etc, etc.

2-0 victory tonight. Happy New Year.

Guest Therealrealist

Why does everybody calculate we have to lose so much money every werk?? There will be no more 4 yesr deals on 37k a week to service..one million pound a month overheads was going to be impossible to cover...dc obviously thought promotion and sky money was gauranteed..very naive

Guest Hornsby
16 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Why does everybody calculate we have to lose so much money every werk?? There will be no more 4 yesr deals on 37k a week to service..one million pound a month overheads was going to be impossible to cover...dc obviously thought promotion and sky money was gauranteed..very naive

And why cant we find next Watkins or Toney at two bob?

Cosgrove from Aberdeen now , for example,

I would happily chip in for a share for a scheme like this, but I think to make it work at £250 a share proposed, you would need something like 200,000 fans. We're massive, but not that massive. I think you would struggle to get 10% of that number. And I can't see 20,000 fans being willing to chip in £2,500 each.

Part fan ownership, like they have in Germany, would be great. But I can't see it happening in this wild west market where highly leveraged cowboys from overseas can buy out clubs with money they don't have. Would need some will from the government to make it happen, and sadly, there is none.

Also, would be a dilemma if I became the Chairman as I've ended up hating pretty much all the other ones - not sure I could cope with the self-loathing.

20 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

If I had £350 million and the manager and squad that Chansiri inherited some of the things I would have done straight away would be:

• Left the ticket prices as they were
  • Left Stuart Gray in charge
  • Bought the same new pitch that Chansiri bought
  • Bought TWO big television screens - opposite corners
  • Bought the land opposite the ground that was the Wednesdayite carpark
  • Done up the training ground a bit
  • Started up a new fans communication group to have great times together and hear feedback
  • Created a new local business community group to get feedback from sponsors and box holders
  • Done the exec boxes up
  • Overhauled the Megastore
  • Overhauled catering to a level never seen before
  • Pushed HARD for a safe standing stadium
  • Painted over the Presto Stand sign
  • Put season tickets up by £35 but included a free home shirt voucher with every one to redeem instore
  • Changed the price of pints and half pints so that two half pints wasn't cheaper than a pint
  • Brought in Adidas or Nike as shirt manufacturer
  • Reached out to local Sheffield musicians for an annual festival event and new SWFC single/video
  • Reached out to local film-makers to create regular SWFC films
  • Reached out to all local social media influencers to increase positive social media presence
  • Asked fans what improvements they would like to see
  • Put the number of staff in the office back to Lee Strafford days (those who know how great it was back then will know)
  • Give away any home/away shirts at the end of each season to a charity that needs them for clothing
  • Promoted all the work that the SWFC Community team do
  • Promoted the SWFC Ladies Team
  • Done weekly Q&A's online with fans
  • Changed each catering outlet to a local independent brand like Twister Burger Company, Steam Yard, Butcher and Catch etc
  • Asked the fans to vote for their favourite local independent beers/lagers and put those on sale
  • Publically appealed to all local independent artists and businesses to create items for the Megastore

And I'd still have money left to spend on the squad

And we'd still be better off than we are now, on and off the pitch

•  

You missed:

- Shut down Owlstalk 

Ignore the money for a moment. Imagine 10,000 shareholder being asked to agree to the appointment of a manager. What about the purchase of a player.

Discussions would last months and you'd never get a majority to agree to anything. If you appointed a 'fans board of directors' they'd probably get death threats because 2 halves were cheaper than a pint. lol

34 minutes ago, 83owl said:

I cant believe this thread has made it to 7 pages

It’s at 7 pages for the same reason people can spend hours and hours fantasising about how they would spend their non existent lottery winnings. People are dreamers. 
I would love for it to be possible for fans to buy out the club and run it as a community centric asset. But it won’t happen so all I can do is add more and more posts to fuel the fantasy. 

Plus everyone is off and the TV is garbage at the moment 👍

Guest Hornsby
On 01/01/2021 at 14:45, Emerson Thome said:

I would happily chip in for a share for a scheme like this, but I think to make it work at £250 a share proposed, you would need something like 200,000 fans. We're massive, but not that massive. I think you would struggle to get 10% of that number. And I can't see 20,000 fans being willing to chip in £2,500 each.

Part fan ownership, like they have in Germany, would be great. But I can't see it happening in this wild west market where highly leveraged cowboys from overseas can buy out clubs with money they don't have. Would need some will from the government to make it happen, and sadly, there is none.

Also, would be a dilemma if I became the Chairman as I've ended up hating pretty much all the other ones - not sure I could cope with the self-loathing.

B shares were well subscribed in late 70s at £100 a pop. Equivalent to £1,000 now.

With 10% discount on all club purchases, you got your money back over a few years.

And funded Curran buy from Southampton which  led to two promotions.

Of course, a partial offering would be easier , would raise instant cash and put a legal break on Chansiri' s madness while injecting much needed skills and experience into ownership. 

He would also regain some respect and could leave club to his kid in a few years with correct advice and help to steer us forward.

On 01/01/2021 at 11:26, Hornsby said:

First , power of Owlstalk as we've raised this issue on here prompting journos to pose question yesterday which Chansiri said he'd now consider. And he never lies.

Only way an outright purchase is feasible is Chsniri rights off debts  -mainly his - and keep stadium on 30 year lease,  but at peppercorn rent.  

Using his purchase price as a base less then stadium value, assume player assets about the same, this then leaves about £15 million to find.

Or our season ticket holders x £1,000 each. With incentives of 10% discounts on all purchases over 10 years - like our last B share offering - DOABLE.

Alternatively, Chansiri may wann consider retaining control - over 50% - but offering a tranche for fans to buy.

Apart from raising revenue, would also improve transparency and put some legal breaks on owner's madness.

Plus, bring in much needed skills and support for following who would by -

Megson, Wilko (footy matters), Michael Palin (communication), Sophie Ridge(PR),  Jarvis Cocker , Jermaine Jackson, Alex Turner , Martin Ware, Rick Savage, (entertainment), Hobbs (big Boxing shows), Lee Stafford (business), Hattersley,  Blunkett (political relations),    Tony Sewart (footy, p&l), that geezer used to run Barclays and Bank of England ( finance), etc, etc.

2-0 victory tonight. Happy New Year.

Is this for real? You want to get Jermaine Jackson, Rick Savage and the Rotherham chairman involved.