Fans Buyout Feasibility

Guest LondonOwl313

4 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

A lot has changed since then though as that’s two seasons ago, which was my point. In that time Brentford have become one of the best sides in the league and reached the play off final. You’d imagine a lot of their players will have been given new contracts on significantly more money on the back of it as there was PL interest in a lot of their players, not just Watkins and Benrahma. Much like what happened to us in 2016.

So I think that Brentford wage bill is likely to be quite a bit higher than the 2018/19 figure. In the same timeframe we’ve lost Hooper, Boyd, Matias, Pudil, Abdi, Jones, Hector, Aarons, Lazaar, Onomah, Fletcher, Forestieri, Hutchinson, Fox, Lee, Nuhui. Off the top of my head, probably a few more too. And the players we’ve brought in will be on max £15k a week and likely a lot less. I’d think our wage bill will have dropped loads from £42m

Just because that's what we do why would you think Brentford would do the same? The way they go about things is literally the exact opposite to us. Any player kicking up a fuss about new player wages like ff etc would be straight out of the door. Youre deluded if you think our wage bill is lower than theirs when we have the likes of Rhodes and KW on over 1.5m a year for not even playing.  

• Haha 1

Guest LondonOwl313
8 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Just because that's what we do why would you think Brentford would do the same? The way they go about things is literally the exact opposite to us. Any player kicking up a fuss about new player wages like ff etc would be straight out of the door. Youre deluded if you think our wage bill is lower than theirs when we have the likes of Rhodes and KW on over 1.5m a year for not even playing.  

Westwood isn’t on over 30k as week, will

be 20k tops. 

If Brentford don’t give pay rises then their players will become unhappy with Prem clubs after them. It’s just a pressure that comes with being successful at this level. I can’t see how their wage bill won’t have increased over the past two seasons. I agree they’re better run than us so that increase won’t have been as bad as what we saw in 2016, but it will still be higher none the less.

Anyway, if we’re looking at the 2021/22 season KW, TL, BB, AR and JR will have all left or be on much less money so the wage bill will be even lower. That £42m will be down to £15-20m i think 

Guest Hornsby
On 07/01/2021 at 10:50, Mcguigan said:

Seriously, I have no idea what you're about.

The cost of building the new stadium isn't mentioned in their accounts,  only the profit they get selling their current ground.

The executive summary in their accounts states that the only way the club can remain financially sustainable and keep ticket prices affordable is by selling their best players if there is interest in them.

Compared to our , errrr, latest accounts, fan -owned Brentford look financially fantastic. 

Interestingly - though not fan -owned -  Brum just announced £3 million profiits , while keeping stadium.

And they were in a worst position than us not that long ago.

Still, at least we got Rhodes on £40,000 a week doing nowt next for 6 months.

Guest Mcguigan
10 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Compared to our , errrr, latest accounts, fan -owned Brentford look financially fantastic. 

Interestingly - though not fan -owned -  Brum just announced £3 million profiits , while keeping stadium.

Where's that from?

Last time I looked BCFC had sold thier ground much like we did and posted a £17m profit from it. image.png.c057341404b368f4d3170e9d22e3ec17.png

Guest Mcguigan
18 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Brentford also aren't fan owned.

Are you just making things up?

Guest Hornsby
Just now, Mcguigan said:

Brentford also aren't fan owned.

Are you just making things up?

Of course they are , as stated Bentham been a Bee since a boy.

And he has accounts. 

Guest Mcguigan
1 minute ago, Hornsby said:

Of course they are , as stated Bentham been a Bee since a boy.

And he has accounts. 

You mean they are owned by one fan rather than being a fan owned.

Just out of interest (suspending reality in assuming that it is viable to organise a fan buy-out, which I don't think it is), whom would you have in mind to sit on a new Board?

Would you start with the Supporters' Trust, a completely new organisation or a new business funded on share capital?

Any takers? Suggestions?

7 minutes ago, Musn't Grumble said:

Just out of interest (suspending reality in assuming that it is viable to organise a fan buy-out, which I don't think it is), whom would you have in mind to sit on a new Board?

Would you start with the Supporters' Trust, a completely new organisation or a new business funded on share capital?

Any takers? Suggestions?

'Remember-the-AGM-Man' must be the first name appointed to new the board.

Guest Hornsby
On 08/01/2021 at 12:56, Mcguigan said:

You mean they are owned by one fan rather than being a fan owned.

Like Lee Stafford buying us. Or Tony Stewart.

For the first Board, must be shareholders and - like In Germany and Spain - based upon democratic principles elect a leader.

But clearly , Wilko for footy matters and Owls Trust for fan relations , plus Sir Peter Middleton, ex Barclay's Chairman and Rector of Sheffield  University , for finance skills. And accounts.

Yeah, maybe Chansiri can do better than that lot.

Guest Mcguigan
1 hour ago, Hornsby said:

For the first Board, must be shareholders and - like In Germany and Spain - based upon democratic principles elect a leader.

But clearly , Wilko for footy matters and Owls Trust for fan relations , plus Sir Peter Middleton, ex Barclay's Chairman and Rector of Sheffield  University , for finance skills. And accounts.

Any link to show me Birmingham’s £3m profit yet, or them still owning their own ground?

3 hours ago, Hornsby said:

Mark Zuckerberg for social media director and Jeff Bezos for Marketing director.....

totally and utterly living in Cloud Cuckoo land.

Guest Therealrealist
On 07/01/2021 at 19:28, LondonOwl313 said:

Westwood isn’t on over 30k as week, will

be 20k tops. 

If Brentford don’t give pay rises then their players will become unhappy with Prem clubs after them. It’s just a pressure that comes with being successful at this level. I can’t see how their wage bill won’t have increased over the past two seasons. I agree they’re better run than us so that increase won’t have been as bad as what we saw in 2016, but it will still be higher none the less.

Anyway, if we’re looking at the 2021/22 season KW, TL, BB, AR and JR will have all left or be on much less money so the wage bill will be even lower. That £42m will be down to £15-20m i think 

KW is on 25k

Cringe, let's bring back Alf Garnett for public relations and Rod Hull and Emu for half time entertainment. 

Hornsby's vision for the future of Sheffield Wednesday. 

11245418-6832103-image-m-29_1553114050109.jpg

17061786-0-image-a-8_1565289577508.jpg

4 hours ago, Hornsby said:

Can't fault that...Covid has obviously mental effects as well as physical...don't go down south peeps it might be catching lol

15 hours ago, Hornsby said:

Lee Stafford - hilarious. He is better at playing with other peoples train sets.

Guest Hornsby
9 hours ago, heppers said:

Lee Stafford - hilarious. He is better at playing with other peoples train sets.

You mean guy who came off Cross , built an excellent firm from nowt and sold to BT for mega bucks.

Also found Club Med or whatever, a way better custodian of club that Chansiris & Co.

Great chap.

4 hours ago, Hornsby said:

You mean guy who came off Cross , built an excellent firm from nowt and sold to BT for mega bucks.

Also found Club Med or whatever, a way better custodian of club that Chansiris & Co.

Great chap.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

My perception of him is different. I think he just trie d to raise his own profile and played with other peoples money.

• Haha 1

Guest Hornsby
10 hours ago, heppers said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

My perception of him is different. I think he just trie d to raise his own profile and played with other peoples money.

Fair enough but here - like all fans with shares - he'd have to invest his own money and be voted in. Or out.