Next manager odds

7 minutes ago, Hitcat said:

Interestingly all of this bar a couple of items comes from media opposed to Johnsons Government. Therefore it is all written in a biased slant. The only wilful allegations are delivered under Parliamentary privilege so can not be sued. Interestingly person was offered to take up these with authorities and nothing was done.

Tories are the party of business and if they award contract to a private company their is high likelihood one of their number is bound to have some connection with it. Therefore whilst it is true some contracts were awarded to individuals with connections it is also true that others with connections did not get contracts. Labour at outset of pandemic urged Government to embrace offers of help from private sector companies and produced list of firms that had offered and received no reply. I saw report which detailed the list. It included convicted businessman, companies that had no premises, had never traded it was a mess. I am not saying Government did some poor deals it did but in times of crisis mistakes always happen.

The current set of politicians in Parliament is the poorest selection I have ever seen. 

Latest names I have seen added are Martin Poutska and Bruno Genesio.

Poutska managed Sparta Prague for 3 months in 2012 and was backroom guy at club before this.Not sure what done since but will not get work permit if not managed since.

Genesio was in charge of Lyon for 4 years and although did not win anything was in top 4 in France each year. Since leaving the in 2018 has worked as a manager in China. His record stacks up far better than many of other misfits that have been named in the betting. 

39 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

Why are people discussing a virus, on a matchday thread, that even the experts disagree on? Anybody believing anything that China churns out really does need to keep quiet about it. Plenty of countries with more kudos than China have churned out misleading facts figures and propaganda (our own included). For what it is worth the most convincing statement that I have heard on this subject, is from the British Medical Journal (who are a scientific body that also report their findings which the newspapers, press , politicians and public then misunderstand and the fake news then starts to spread faster than the virus). The BMJ report that the UK are one of a handful of countries that have the necessary technology, levels and types of testing to actually identify many of the new strains of the virus's genome sequence. The same strains are popping up all over the world, because they are the most successful mutations that are evolving. The latest dominant strain causing the surge in infections is N501Y which means that the 501st amino acid in the spike protein (the one that infects cells) is the one that has mutated from N to Y, which has made the virus more prevalent because it's infection rate is 70% higher. We also know in the UK that this strain has been around at least since September, so treating the UK in this way is a bit like shooting the messenger, rather than taking notice of the message, or locking the stable door after the horse has bolted.

All very interesting but nowt to do with footy!

As you say not sure why we are discussing this but yes that's right. The UK is responsible for 45% of the entire world's genome sequencing. So yes, a new variant is far more likely to be found here than any other country. And guess which nation is the second most prolific sequencers? South Africa. 

There is a whole zillion page long covid thread in the Dressing Room to talk about this kind of thing. 

6 minutes ago, Quist said:

Interestingly all of this bar a couple of items comes from media opposed to Johnsons Government. Therefore it is all written in a biased slant. The only wilful allegations are delivered under Parliamentary privilege so can not be sued. Interestingly person was offered to take up these with authorities and nothing was done.

Tories are the party of business and if they award contract to a private company their is high likelihood one of their number is bound to have some connection with it. Therefore whilst it is true some contracts were awarded to individuals with connections it is also true that others with connections did not get contracts. Labour at outset of pandemic urged Government to embrace offers of help from private sector companies and produced list of firms that had offered and received no reply. I saw report which detailed the list. It included convicted businessman, companies that had no premises, had never traded it was a mess. I am not saying Government did some poor deals it did but in times of crisis mistakes always happen.

The current set of politicians in Parliament is the poorest selection I have ever seen. 

That was just a snapshot of articles. There's many many more articles from the Torygraph and others. This government are following the line that Trump took in America. Flat out denying something that is true, brushing over scandals and pretending they aren't important or never happened, Cummings comes to mind. Or perhaps most frustratingly and Matt Twatcock is a master of this, just flat out refusing to answer the question because he doesn't like the tone of the person asking it. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 3

Alex Miller

@AlexMiller91

Understand that Sheffield Wednesday have not yet contacted Joey Barton over the vacant manager's position, but that the former Fleetwood boss would be receptive to an approach.

Read more https://thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/bookies-favourite-joey-barton-would-welcome-sheffield-wednesday-conversation-3087225…

Edited by Kanye West
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Quist said:

Poutska managed Sparta Prague for 3 months in 2012 and was backroom guy at club before this.Not sure what done since but will not get work permit if not managed since.

Genesio was in charge of Lyon for 4 years and although did not win anything was in top 4 in France each year. Since leaving the in 2018 has worked as a manager in China. His record stacks up far better than many of other misfits that have been named in the betting. 

Further to earlier comment Poutska is in charge of Mortlet Prague which is third division Czech side. Hehas managed them for few years without success. I doubt if a third tier side is a great standard probably worse than National League as was not sure they had one. His side currently sit nearer bottom than top. Another gem on list. I await Czech Owl telling me third tier plays superb football and this guy is attacking genius.

Apologies if there is a Czech Owl on here.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kanye West said:

Alex Miller

@AlexMiller91

Understand that Sheffield Wednesday have not yet contacted Joey Barton over the vacant manager's position, but that the former Fleetwood boss would be receptive to an approach.

Read more https://thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/bookies-favourite-joey-barton-would-welcome-sheffield-wednesday-conversation-3087225…

Not been contacted no chance, price will drift like a barge.

5 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

Alex Miller

@AlexMiller91

I bet he would, sincerely hope that call isn't made though. Horrible little weasel.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

Alex Miller

@AlexMiller91

I hope for his sake that he’s not holding his breath waiting.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Quist said:

we seem to be linked with a lot of managers that have managed in China etc at their last job. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Quist said:

If you check owlsonline you'll see these names have entered the betting after posters on there requested odds on them with Skybet.

Just random names picked to prove how the betting lists are drawn up simply from punters' enquiries.

5 hours ago, pioowl said:

And you dont ???

Carlos failed, he got lucky in season 1 as the underdogs with nothing to lose with a side mainly almost entirely built by his predecessor. They added flair and cought everyone unaware.

Season 2/ he cracked under the Weight of expectations and changed tack becouse we were no longer also rans. He then bottled it in the semi against a beatable Huddersfield and missed out on a final against a very average Reading side. 

I don't call that success. 

Can you name the teams that lost in the FA Cup semi finals the last half dozen seasons??. Nope becouse they FAILED to win it. 

His object was promotion, we missed out, so hence forth he was a failure as he didn't get the job done. 

Ask any professional sportsman /athlete who dosent win?? 

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

That Nigerian Prince passed away recently mate. lol

Yea, I know.

He's left me £1m !

I've just sent £1000 to his solicitor to pay for the processing of the paperwork,

I get my cheque for £1m next week.lol

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Carlos failed, he got lucky in season 1 as the underdogs with nothing to lose with a side mainly almost entirely built by his predecessor. They added flair and cought everyone unaware.

Season 2/ he cracked under the Weight of expectations and changed tack becouse we were no longer also rans. He then bottled it in the semi against a beatable Huddersfield and missed out on a final against a very average Reading side. 

Can you name the teams that lost in the FA Cup semi finals the last half dozen seasons??. Nope becouse they FAILED to win it. 

His object was promotion, we missed out, so hence forth he was a failure as he didn't get the job done. 

Depends how you look at it.

Carlos was more successful than a lot of other managers both before and after him.

So I would say that he was pretty successful.

Or like you say, he didn't get us promoted, so you could say from this point of view, he was unsuccessful.

Hope this helps.lol

55 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Apart from the dozen or so signings made by the club during the summer after Carlos was set on, 6 of who were starters in the play off final with another 4 on the bench.