I wonder if

Guest Grandad

23 minutes ago, Matt_1 said:

We’re not winning though. It’s poo football with poo results. 

I’m in London and I wouldn’t even go to the London Owls pub to watch it and that’s free. 

Our ticket prices and this football. Outrageous. 

Quite enjoyed that second half to be fair. And enjoyed a great goal by Adam Reach.

You should have tuned in! 

Guest Grandad
5 minutes ago, Pulixifer said:

We've 4 points from the last 2. It's like rising the titanic and you go off talking about brand of football! Total Muppet 

Any need for the personal abuse at the end of the post? Do you think it added to what you had to say? Your opinion is fine - my opening post was a question about whether people would pay to watch this - and that question stands.

Clearly - you would.

There are many - who wouldn't (as is evidenced in what was written before you added your opinion).

I'm curious - what made you think calling someone a 'Total Muppet' for asking a question was appropriate?

League one teams with league one players can play passing attacking football.

It's all about mentality and tactics.

Send a team out to be defensive, scared and negative and that's the football you will get.

These players are good enough to play football if they are given the tactics, support and freedom to do it.

But they are sent out instructed to keep shape and don't try anything fancy or be brave with the ball. It's poo . Just awful awful awful and I feel sorry for them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grandad said:

Pulis enjoys watching his brand of football?

Does anybody on here?

Would you pay to go and watch us playing like this?

Genuine question

Thought Pulis looked well pissed off on the touchline today, I think the things going on off-pitch are bothering him.

Do I enjoy it? Thought we played well in spells today. I think we sit way too deep and should be more aggressive but overall it's getting better. Dunkley looks solid at CB.

Would I pay? Yes, really missing the Railway and Barrack😂

Just now, Stripes or die said:

Thought Pulis looked well pissed off on the touchline today, I think the things going on off-pitch are bothering him.

Do I enjoy it? Thought we played well in spells today. I think we sit way too deep and should be more aggressive but overall it's getting better. Dunkley looks solid at CB.

The Railway's shut down for good hasn't it?

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Grandad
1 minute ago, Stripes or die said:

Today I missed Hillsborough more than at any time since the original lockdown in March. Would have loved a pint with the lads before and after the game.

I'll not pretend I enjoy watching it, but I can live with defensive tactics while ever we're picking up points.

Pulis ought to be making subs earlier in the game though. It's all very well moaning about the number of games but in addition to that, this way of playing really takes it out of players and now we've got up to five subs we can make, we absolutely should be making subs from the 60th minute onwards to try to keep the energy levels as fresh as possible.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

Genuine question: Would you sooner see us playing open expansive football and losing 4-3 every week then ultimately getting relegated to L1 or us grinding out results and staying up?

Genuine question. Would you sooner see us playing open expansive football and winning 4-3 every week then ultimately staying up or us trying to defend against every team we play and winning one in ten then ultimately getting relegated to L1. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

In this thread we really actually genuinely have Wednesday fans trying to convince other Wednesday fans that the only way to stay up is to play eyebleedingly bad football and defend for ninety minutes and hope for a flukey goal

We actually really do have that going on 

Amazing times

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, Grandad said:

Pulis enjoys watching his brand of football?

Does anybody on here?

Would you pay to go and watch us playing like this?

Genuine question

I’d still go to games with me dad to be honest. Eat a pie, sup a bovril, moan etc. 

Wouldn’t be paying for the football as such but yes I would pay and yes I would watch. 

Wouldn’t enjoy it but wouldn’t be boycotting Hillsborough.

Guest Grandad
2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

In this thread we really actually genuinely have Wednesday fans trying to convince other Wednesday fans that the only way to stay up is to play eyebleedingly bad football and defend for ninety minutes and hope for a flukey goal

Amazing times

When that approach has so far secured 1 win in 10, and 7 points in total

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Amazing times

One shot on target and it was a worldly, 99% of the times those don't come off.

People are easily pleased.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Honestly Pulis should go at the end of the season

If he keeps us up great stuff - see ya

There's no way we should go into next season watching this 'brand of football'

NO chance

The only way I'd put up with it is if it gets promotion

But it doesn't

So that means we have to watch this 'brand of football' and come in mid table at the end of the season, and then repeat and repeat until he gets sacked

NO THANKS

Totally agree.

Even if we perform a miracle and stay up I can't see any of the 15 players out of contract staying, I'd keep about 4 of them and rest can go, so we are going to need another miracle to stay up next season.

Need a young manager who understands the modern game who can implement an attacking style!

Pulis defensive, negative football has no place in modern football and teams that play that way get no where!

Of course we could play differently.

Our main problem is the like of strikers though and in that regard, however we play we'd still come up against the ultimate problem of sticking the ball in the net regularly.

Still, given that Pulis is the manager, we know he's not going to play a passing game. He hasn't been and won't necessarily play long ball either, but it can be very defensive and as such it's not a fun watch, especially when we're defending for about 70% of most games.

Ironically enough the half in which we conceded was much more enjoyable and even than the half in which we scored, but football's like that sometimes.

Nevertheless, it all stems from DC's decision to give the job to Pulis in the first place. DC's the one to blame. I don't blame Pulis ‘for doing a Pulis’.

Just now, cowl said:

Of course we could play differently.

Our main problem is the like of strikers though and in that regard, however we play we'd still come up against the ultimate problem of sticking the ball in the net regularly. 

True 

But you'd still stand more of a chance giving whoever is up front 8 chances to score instead of 2

Owlstalk Shop