I wonder if

Guest Grandad

Just now, @owlstalk said:

True 

But you'd still stand more of a chance giving whoever is up front 8 chances to score instead of 2

Obviously, but you can't possibly believe that there isn't a cost at the other end of the pitch when teams set up to attack more?

Like I said, whatever style of football you play, you need forwards with the requisite qualities and abilities. We've scored 6 in Pulis' 10 league games, and we scored 6 in Monk's 11 league games this season. It's practically the same record because we've got the same strike force, even if the two managers have us setting up differently.

We quite simply need better forwards. I don't think we'd all of a sudden start to enjoy watching teams have 70% possession against us, but we might at least get more goals and most probably more points too.

• Love 1

No, I'm not paying ten pounds to watch Wednesday play eye bleedingly bad football and listen to John Pearson and the other bloke waffle on.

Up until to the back end of Monk's time, I had watched pretty much every match on ifollow or Sky. Can't remember which game it was (not far off from his sacking), but I decided I wasn't paying anymore until he was gone. The football was so wretched, that I'd had enough.

Pulis comes along and clean slate and all that (though knowing what baseball cap was likely to bring). Anyway, the wretched performance against Barnsley was enough for me. It's still woeful football, even more negative than the dross produced by Garrry. 

I can't be arsed spending money to watch a bunch of professionals set up in a 5-4-1 formation, run around like lemmings and display as much footballing ability as a three legged elephant.

Credit to those who can endure the dross.

• Like 2

Not a fan of Monk nor Pulis, however I would not be surprised if privately Pulis thinks this is the weakest bunch of players he has ever had to work with.

I'm pretty sure that he would prefer to have Flint, Borner and Iorfa available to go with Dunkley . The four mentioned apart a lot of our other players are leg danglers or scared to death of contact and only want to play on their own terms.

We were going down under Monk and so far it looks like it with Pulis unless we can get some character into the side in midfield and up front.

It should also be said this team is utter w@nk too. I'm not sure Jurgen flipping Klopp could get a tune out of them, but still...

After sacking Garry, we needed someone to come in with a positive mindset. Instead, Baseball cap has come in and merely added to the negative approach.

Who knows, perhaps this is his way of trying to tell the chairman we need reinforcements?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Why would you watch it if you're only interested in the final result?

Most Owls fans interest is the final result..Mine ALWAYS is...Still I watch it

Gimme the choce of sitting outside Hillsborough in a rubbish skip...guarantee me a win....I'd still pay and be happy in the skip...Its beyond football for me...If you think supporting Wednesday at the minute is owt about football...You are totally deluded...Its coming to to the pretty pass of having a bloody football club to support.....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

Most Owls fans interest is the final result..Mine ALWAYS is...Still I watch it

Gimme the choce of sitting outside Hillsborough in a rubbish skip...guarantee me a win....I'd still pay and be happy in the skip...Its beyond football for me...If you think supporting Wednesday at the minute is owt about football...You are totally deluded...Its coming to to the pretty pass of having a bloody football club to support.....

Tbf, we may not have a club to support at this rate.

• Like 3

I'm certainly not going to stick North of 40 notes down to go and watch it. 

I'll stay at home, pay a tenner and have it on in the background. That's if it stays beyond the Rona. 

If not, I probably won't bother. I'll be honest, it's more what's going on around the club that bothers me more right now. 

Edited by Maddogbob
  • Like 1

I just get the feeling (might be wrong) that Pulis is the latest (in a very long line) of people who will come here, earn a tidy sum and then fizz off one way or another without really doing much of anything.

Chansiri is a complete fool and people will know within the game that he can be taken for a ride...though perhaps the parasites will clear off now as we only pay 7k a month.

Edited by SiJ
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, SiJ said:

No, I'm not paying ten pounds to watch Wednesday play eye bleedingly bad football and listen to John Pearson and the other bloke waffle on.

Up until to the back end of Monk's time, I had watched pretty much every match on ifollow or Sky. Can't remember which game it was (not far off from his sacking), but I decided I wasn't paying anymore until he was gone. The football was so wretched, that I'd had enough.

Pulis comes along and clean slate and all that (though knowing what baseball cap was likely to bring). Anyway, the wretched performance against Barnsley was enough for me. It's still woeful football, even more negative than the dross produced by Garrry. 

I can't be arsed spending money to watch a bunch of professionals set up in a 5-4-1 formation, run around like lemmings and display as much footballing ability as a three legged elephant.

If you're a Wednesday fan of long standing, or fan of most clubs, you have to endure dross or you'd stop supporting the club, like you have done.

Will you start watching & supporting us again when we play better?

• Like 1

What do people not understand ? Pulis is working with the rubbish he has been left with.

Pulis prevented Blackburn from getting many opportunities today. Pulis knows Rhodes isn't the striker we need and is the only one on the books. Playing Rhodes is like playing with 10 men. 

Judge him after January. Im not saying the football will be any better but I think his approach will be different.

Just now, @owlstalk said:

And us

Monk continues to prevent us from making many chances due to his failure to recognise that as of last January his priority this summer had to be to either keep one of the capable strikers we had and/or to sign one or two actual strikers. Instead he signed 7 or 8 players that can't get into the starting line up, other than Paterson who will soon have had a run out in every position. 

How many chances per game were we creating this season before Pulis?

30 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Yes we get it you don’t want to spend a tenner but then spend most of your life on here telling everyone 

16 hours ago, Somebody said:

If you're a Wednesday fan of long standing, or fan of most clubs, you have to endure dross or you'd stop supporting the club, like you have done.

Will you start watching & supporting us again when we play better?

That's not true.

By such logic, anyone who doesn't watch games is no longer supporting the team. 

I'm fully entitled to not cough up my money if I do not want to. That doesn't mean I'm no longer a fan.

16 hours ago, hugeowl said:

Yes we get it you don’t want to spend a tenner but then spend most of your life on here telling everyone 

Each to their own. 

3 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Bit harsh that. 

And frankly by chucking an insult you lose your point. 

I've no desire to chuck a tenner at it or infact go to the ground at North of 40 notes. 

But I'm not calling people out for doing that if they want to. 

Edited by Maddogbob
  • Like 1