I wonder if

Guest Grandad

59 minutes ago, Somebody said:

There's a few posters feeling the need to tell us that they aren't watching the games. 

Just interested in what they are doing that is better, that can't be done before 3 & after 5.

Posting on here about Wednesday while not caring anymore apparently......

55 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

No, I'm waiting for my ST refund mate. 

Not sure a refund has been mentioned.

Any credit from this season is carried over to next season as things stand isn't it?

You will be one of the few uberfans next season - someone with enough credit for a full season ticket under big Tone!

:pulis: 

1 hour ago, mkowl said:

I am just too long in the tooth to be satisfied with that these days. And in reality its been about 4 years and several managers where watching us play well is such an exception to the pragmatic garbage 

I understand it’s crap to watch, but I started watching Wednesday playing in 2000 when we got relegated from the PL. now I can’t ever remember us playing good football, (other than carlos’s first season) but at least now with Pulis it’s his way of playing. Under monk/jos, even Bruce.. I couldn’t really see a game plan. It was more turn up and just play, what ever happens, happens. If we lose and play good I’m still disappointed. If we win and play bad, I’m happy! That’s how I judge it. 

4 hours ago, Somebody said:

There's a few posters feeling the need to tell us that they aren't watching the games. 

Just interested in what they are doing that is better, that can't be done before 3 & after 5.

Works both ways really, Imagine living your life around Wednesday fixtures. 

Jeez. 

And imagine blind faith to a club, that has consitainly taken the ******** out of the fanbase and then you go on and belittle people because they don't really give two shizs, about a club that dosnt seem to want them. 

Imagine that. 

Ultimately this "club" and those "fans" will get what they deserve and trust me, I've been to the edge with this club, along with others here and god forbid, we never go there again. 

Because it's grim. It's horrible and you really don't want to go there. 

Edited by Maddogbob

3 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

It’s utter tosh. 

But don’t like it? don’t watch it then 

If it really is as sickening to some of you as you make out on here 

I'll comment, I'll watch and I'll laugh my ass off it if I want to. 

Owlstalk wasn't built as an positive echo chamber. That's not it purpose. 

Dont like, don't use it. 

Edited by Maddogbob
  • Like 1

Just now, Maddogbob said:

I'll comment, I'll watch and I'll laugh my ass off it if I want to. 

Owlstalk wasn't built as an positive echo chamber. That's not it purpose. 

Do what you want mate. Just thought the amount of time moaning could be saved by not watching 

8 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Do what you want mate. Just thought the amount of time moaning could be saved by not watching 

I appreciate your concern but I'll call it as see it. 

Be a bit hypocritical to be critical and not watch. 

Edited by Maddogbob

I enjoy watching us play when we are 3-0 up with 5 minutes to play .. I didn't enjoy the league cup final until the ref blew the final whistle  ....its the gut wrenching of a tight game that you come out the right side of that the enjoyment kicks in .

• Like 1

Guest Grandad

There isn't a single fan comes on here and enjoys us losing so they can have a moan

Not one

Every single fan that comes on here would love us to be playing good football and winning games

It's really sad we have fans trying to deflect criticism made by fans concerned about the future of the club

7 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Oh come on...

We've got paterson virtually playing in the back 9 

Then we hoof it up to Windass on his own against 3 defenders

He fails to get the ball and it comes straight back to us

HORRRRRRIFIC football

Horrific squad of players make horrific games. Its not like we played beautifully under Jos, Bruce and Monk is it?  If you and Nigel have just woken up to the fact we’re playing bad football then you both must have had your eyes painted in for the last three years. You’ve both and others criticised Pulis in this thread for using the same tactics we’ve used since Carlos left. 

Pulis employs a safety first, defensive strategy no doubt but he isn’t the problem; the players we have and those that recruited them are. Whether it’s Pulis or Guardiola, we’ll never see this team of cloggers play good football other than the odd game here and there. Add to the equation that they’re not being paid correctly then it’s a recipe for disaster. But Fvvck It! Let’s change manager again. They’ll be fvvcking queueing up to take on Chansiri’s poison chalice. 

• Like 1

Guest Grandad
6 minutes ago, shandypants said:

. You’ve both and others criticised Pulis in this thread for using the same tactics we’ve used since Carlos left. 

Under Bruce?

You sure?

No arguments whatsoever with your second paragraph

Edited by Grandad

47 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Under Bruce?

You sure?

No arguments whatsoever with your second paragraph

Yep. It was defend, win the ball and then the long back to front ball under Bruce - it was just with better players (better forwards in particular) - I can remember people complaining on here about how agricultural we were. In fact, I can remember people complaining about the run of poor results we had under Bruce - I think it was towards then end of the season. 

We played better football under Bruce than we currently do under Pulis (yes, I have watched several of our games under Pulis before anyone starts). 

I mean, it wasn't exactly City under Pep, but it was a pretty decent, direct style of football which was not a bad watch. 

But yes, the standard of the squad is poorer now than what we had back then. 

Edited by SiJ

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

We played better football under Bruce than we currently do under Pulis (yes, I have watched several of our games under Pulis before anyone starts). 

I mean, it wasn't exactly City under Pep, but it was a pretty decent, direct style of football which was not a bad watch. 

But yes, the standard of the squad is poorer now than what we had back then. 

I’m sure, with better players, Pulis would have us playing similar football to what Bruce did. We only have to look at how Bruce has Newcastle playing now - Bruce’s Newcastle are the new version of Pulis’s Stoke.  

2 minutes ago, shandypants said:

I’m sure, with better players, Pulis would have us playing similar football to what Bruce did. We only have to look at how Bruce has Newcastle playing now - Bruce’s Newcastle are the new version of Pulis’s Stoke.  

That's true, though I think Bruce tends to adapt to what he thinks he has. 

Newcastle don't play all that different to how they did under Rafa, even if the Geordie fans try to tell you otherwise. 

I think Pulis has a very defined way of playing, though it will likely improve (slightly) if he is able to bring in some better players. 

• Like 1