I wonder if

Guest Grandad

It's utter crap.

The OMDT is more entertaining.

Only a week and a bit to see what the future may bring.

No signings within the next few weeks and it's game over.

You either choose a style and get the players in to play that style, or choose a style that suits the players you have got at your disposal

Pulis is failing.

We don't have a target man.

Our midfielder and defenders are not physical enough, or good enough mentally to play Poolis ball.

Monk got a tune out of the same squad every now and then but that one week was costly. Thing is were the players paid on time that month and were they let down on false promises of,

"It will be there by the end of the week."

One week later

"Honestly it will be there this week."

Don't get me wrong Monk wasn't fantastic but the similarities between that week and the Huddersfield game we very close.

W    D   L   F   A   Pts

Monk        3     2   5   6  10   11

Poolis       1     4   5   6  12    7

Looking at those stats we are going backwards.

Scoring goals was a problem but we are conceding more even though we're ultra defensive.

However let's see what the transfer window brings. You would hope we get some players in as soon as it opens.

However if we pay the players on time there is a good chance we will get better results. But we must allow them to play.

11 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Honestly Pulis should go at the end of the season

If he keeps us up great stuff - see ya

There's no way we should go into next season watching this 'brand of football'

NO chance

The only way I'd put up with it is if it gets promotion

But it doesn't

So that means we have to watch this 'brand of football' and come in mid table at the end of the season, and then repeat and repeat until he gets sacked

NO THANKS

Well done Tony Pulis.

11 hours ago, Sefton owl said:

With a first team that includes the likes of Odubajo, Van Aken, Pelupessy and Patterson i genuinely struggle to understand why our fans expect more. 

Because we were asked, and replied positively, that we'd pay more for better.

When fans are allowed back, they'll face high ticket prices, very slim chance of goals or a victory, and poo football for ninety minutes.  All at a time when the post-Covid economy is going to change the pennies in the pocket radically for many people.  Even those that keep their job are likely to face a higher tax bill thus lowering their disposable income.

When fans have to choose £40 for a match ticket or feeding the family for the week, Wednesday make it hard to justify the former.

This is a club that is losing money hand over first at the best of times.  Wednesday need fans, regardless of what our chairman thinks.  

If Wednesday could say the best you will see is a boring 1-0, but a victory all the same, then watch the free highlight on YouTube and keep the £40 for other things.

Wednesday have a problem.  They can't go up with this squad, and can't spend much without a coherent business plan.  Turning customers away is not the way to resolve it. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Manwë said:

When fans are allowed back, they'll face high ticket prices, very slim chance of goals or a victory, and poo football for ninety minutes.  All at a time when the post-Covid economy is going to change the pennies in the pocket radically for many people.  Even those that keep their job are likely to face a higher tax bill thus lowering their disposable income.

When fans have to choose £40 for a match ticket or feeding the family for the week, Wednesday make it hard to justify the former.

This is a club that is losing money hand over first at the best of times.  Wednesday need fans, regardless of what our chairman thinks.  

If Wednesday could say the best you will see is a boring 1-0, but a victory all the same, then watch the free highlight on YouTube and keep the £40 for other things.

Wednesday have a problem.  They can't go up with this squad, and can't spend much without a coherent business plan.  Turning customers away is not the way to resolve it. 

Anyone would be bonkers to pay on the gate to watch swfc at the moment (from an enjoyment point of view). £20 would be too much. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Got a chairman literally running the club into the ground and folk are banging on about pulis brand of football ... priorities 

For me the two are combined. When you can see how the Club has been managed off the pitch as a direct impact on the pitch.

Last season was just beset from Day 1 with issues, even peripheral things like the SAG restrictions were a pain. How bizarre to think in current times how health and safety was pushing more people together.

To me it was just indicative of paying lip service to issues, like we did with the entire EFL saga. And let's not hide from the fact delayed wages, threat of a points deduction did not have an impact. 

I didn't renew my season ticket because of the collective issues on and off the pitch. Call me cynical but I also did not want to become an unsecured creditor.

Guest Grandad
47 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Got a chairman literally running the club into the ground and folk are banging on about pulis brand of football ... priorities 

So you think owlstalk should literally be posts only about Chansiri and what a mess he's caused

Ok

16 hours ago, vulva said:

His job this season was to keep us up. The quality of football is irrelevant at the minute. Let’s worry about the quality of football in the Championship next season. 

Exactly this. 

Pulis needs time to develop the squad like his predecessors got. This season is about staying in the championship. Nothing else matters.

Next season is about progression. 

I hate his tactics, and certainly don’t believe he is playing this way because of the players he inherited. If anything, most of these players would be far better suited to playing a different way. With Windass up front, surely he’d deliver more with the likes of Bannan, Brown and Reach delivering ball to feet?

14 hours ago, Manwë said:

I wholeheartedly agree with this but the situation described here has nothing to do with Pulis and everything to do with the hapless Chansiri. 

• Like 1

Should probably put a tin hat on for this, but there's nothing inherently boring about 'pulisball' or any ultra defensive style, especially when it delivers results. Some of the most entertaining teams in recent years have played low possession football and caught teams on the break. I suspect most people's problem really is that we're not able to catch any teams on the break because the second we get the ball we either lose it again or it lands at the feet of a player who can't do anything other than hoof it.

If we get some quality up front in then we'll become more exciting to watch. Keep the faith. 

Just now, e6owl said:

Should probably put a tin hat on for this, but there's nothing inherently boring about 'pulisball' or any ultra defensive style, especially when it delivers results. Some of the most entertaining teams in recent years have played low possession football and caught teams on the break. I suspect most people's problem really is that we're not able to catch any teams on the break because the second we get the ball we either lose it again or it lands at the feet of a player who can't do anything other than hoof it.

If we get some quality up front in then we'll become more exciting to watch. Keep the faith. 

Yeah I agree with this. A Fletcher & Hooper type would make us much more bearable 

12 hours ago, Spondon Owl said:

Exactly this. 

Pulis needs time to develop the squad like his predecessors got. This season is about staying in the championship. Nothing else matters.

80% of Wednesday managers over past 25 years get 12 months at most so very rarely get time to develop a squad.

Wednesday are not unique in this though.

On 27/12/2020 at 21:42, matthefish2002 said:

80% of Wednesday managers over past 25 years get 12 months at most so very rarely get time to develop a squad.

Wednesday are not unique in this though.

We're a back to front club.

"Get rid of it, lad..."

80% of Wednesday managers over the past 25 years have played crap football.

In fact, if you've got a minute, 80% of Wednesday managers over the past 43 years I've watched the team have played crap football.

And we probably are unique in that.

It's not just about crapness, it's the sheer duration of the crapness which sets new records.

Let's face it, we're crap.

lol