I’ve defended Pulis to the hilt

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

But can’t defend him anymore.

How is he carrying on with just one upfront again.

Awful awful awful. And if he thinks the chairman will back him adequately in January I think he’ll be very surprised.

This is the worst Wednesday side I’ve ever seen.

Worst forest one too, imagine Clough comments on this shy1e

• Like 3

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI

I don’t think he wants the job anymore, and is doing his best to get the sack. It’s the only explanation for maintaining such a defensive formation when we’re behind...

5 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

But can’t defend him anymore.

How is he carrying on with just one upfront again.

Awful awful awful. And if he thinks the chairman will back him adequately in January I think he’ll be very surprised.

This is the worst Wednesday side I’ve ever seen.

I wouldn't have said giving someone 8 games is defending them to the hilt!

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, HillsboroughOwlNI said:

I don’t think he wants the job anymore, and is doing his best to get the sack. It’s the only explanation for maintaining such a defensive formation when we’re behind...

You can't say this

From the second his name was mentioned for this job we had fans of all his previous clubs posting warning after warning off what we were about to experience

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

You can't say this

From the second his name was mentioned for this job we had fans of all his previous clubs posting warning after warning off what we were about to experience

We also had fans from other clubs telling us he will keep us up and lay solid foundations. So let’s tell both sides of the story. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I think Pulis is a good manager but as good and as experienced as he is, he just seems at a loss at what to do with this squad of players.

To have the squad we had in 15/16 to the one we have now is mind boggling. Relegation or not, we really have to rip it up and start again. Whether Pulis wants to do this at this stage of his managerial career is anyone’s guess? 

• Like 3

Agree. 

Don’t get me wrong, the players are bad however his tactics are awful and he is not giving them a chance of getting a result!

Doesn’t take a genius with all those coaching badges to see that direct balls to a 5ft 9” striker isolated on his own doesn’t work!

The ball isn’t sticking up front so it keeps coming back at us Tony!! Get someone else up there FFS! 

• Like 2

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You can't say this

I agree, didn’t want him. But then he “said” all the right things and I was willing to give him the chance. No longer.

Even if he was just a poo manager, common sense would tell him, he needs to have a more attacking formation. But he isn’t even bothering to change it. It’s beyond comprehension!