January window - How many signings

9 hours ago, westy365owl said:

Customary highlight video of this season 

While he looks a little lightweight and would no doubt take time to get up to speed with the demands of the championship, on that video, he has a Pukkiesque calmness in front of goal. He doesn’t snatch at it and has plenty of tricks and composure.

27 minutes ago, Pieman said:

While he looks a little lightweight and would no doubt take time to get up to speed with the demands of the championship, on that video, he has a Pukkiesque calmness in front of goal. He doesn’t snatch at it and has plenty of tricks and composure.

Heres another one who i would be looking at 

he on loan in Belgium from metz at moment only 20 years old and scored 16 in 14 games so far this season would be available relatively cheap aswell

Guest wilyfox
Just now, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

Mentioned on Twitter , has pulis ever managed him ? If so makes more sense 

Don’t think he has. Austin would fit the bill for what we need up top. Interested to see whether Big Sam involves him.

On 13/12/2020 at 18:02, Dizzys Dad said:

The quality we NEED won’t be available to us. We aren’t shopping in that market.

When are we going to realise the status of Sheffield Wednesday, to the rest of the football world has never been lower, and is still sinking.

We are nobody’s to anyone but ourselves.

I said quality needed to rejuvenate the squad pal, not to turn us into champions league contenders, jeeze!

Guest Kagoshimaowl
On 20/12/2020 at 20:09, Pieman said:

There are some nuances here. We need to take away as well.

Westwood is going to be picked every game he is fit, Wildsmith his understudy. Westwood demonstrated his capability to manage the defence yesterday, yet has also been prone to a mistake. Wildsmith is a brilliant shot stopper, but doesn’t command his box. This position need addressing in the summer.

it would seem Penney isn’t going to get a game and VA is not a left back. We need a proper left sided full back in January. Strong in defence, but able to attack. Irish, would be the mould in this position. 

With the Iorfa injury, we have 3 first choice centre backs, Lees, Borner, Dunks. VA and Palmer as understudy’s. I think Pulis would like to have Flint in the team, completing the picture here.

Oddjob and Palmer for right back, this position needs serious work in the summer. If a good rb was available, I wouldn’t hesitate to sign one.

DM - Luongo, Joey, Shaw. We are covered. Hunt needs a 6 month loan.

AM - Bannan, Reach, Harris. Brown isn’t getting a game. I think we need 2 or 3 signings here in January, I doubt we would likely get more than one. Whether they are wingers or another Bannan to make the slide rule passes, creativity is our problem. If Brown isn’t going to be given a game, send him back. The elephant in the room is the unsigned contracts. If this isn’t resolved in January, fizz me we need 4 signings here, which just isn’t going to happen.

Striker - Rhodes, Windass, Paterson, Kachunga. What can we say. Rhodes and Kachunga are not fancied - move both on in January. Paterson is definitely not a striker, he has looked most effective as an attacking bulldozer, as opposed to a silky skilled attacking midfielder. That said, while his legs and strength add value in defence, he adds so little to ‘creating’ chances. David Platt was one of the worst footballers I’ve ever seen, but you could put your house on 12+ goals a season. If we do create more, he has the legs and strength to get on the end of things, but we need regular goals to warrant a place in the team. Windass has shown he can play as a mobile striker for me, so we need TWO proper centre forwards. Toney is the championship benchmark, two of him please. Get your cheque book out, they could cost as much as Rhodes. Is that likely to happen? If it doesn’t, we are unlikely to stay in this division.

The words dream and world come to mind!