January window - How many signings

1 minute ago, 4evaowl said:

To be fair to DC, after this start, would you give your money to TP?

He will if his manager and Chansiri's personal advisor both go in together and  insist that he's been ripped off in the past, how managers have spaffed his money, and how  he will be the first manager not to etc etc

I bet he even gets promised that the club will get an 'identity' if he spends money

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

He will if his manager and Chansiri's personal advisor both go in together and  insist that he's been ripped off in the past, how managers have spaffed his money, and how  he will be the first manager not to etc etc

My disappointment in TP is that he came with a reputation of organising teams and getting a lot out of ordinary players. I could see some of that organisation in some matches, but he hasn’t got any better out of this crop so far, and has largely been talking about new players in January without yet earning the right to be given  the safe keys. It’s a massive leap of faith for DC because the players TP brings in will come in in 2 to 3 year contracts. Loans I’m less concerned about.

Guest wilyfox
4 minutes ago, York_Owl said:

What you said. 

Basically replacements for Fletcher, Murphy, Hutchinson and Fox.

Absolutely. Had we replaced them last window, I don’t think we’d be where we are now. Big question for DC...can he, will he?

16 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Absolutely. Had we replaced them last window, I don’t think we’d be where we are now. Big question for DC...can he, will he?

It’s unbelievable. That’s all we had to do in the last window, other than a few youngsters to cover whatever positions we lacked depth. Just four players, and we never covered any of them

• Like 1

Goalkeeper

Right back

Left back

Centre midfielder

Right midfelder

Striker X2

We need a reliable GK. Honestly we had Lee Camp training with us, I’d take him in a heartbeat. 

Odubajo and Palmer not good enough in my opinion. I’d take Ryan Shotton on a free. Pulis is a big fan, can play anywhere across the back four. 

Left back Shotton could do a job here but I think we need a proper left back at the club. 

Central midfielder. Someone like Mo Besic from Everton. Pulis had him at Boro. Box to Box and big and horrible to play against. He’d be perfect for us.

Winger Yannick Bolasie? Again another player Pulis had at Palace. Would offer creativity and pace. 

And then two strikers. A big man and someone who can link play.

Edited by SallyCinnamon

Guest wilyfox
41 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

It’s unbelievable. That’s all we had to do in the last window, other than a few youngsters to cover whatever positions we lacked depth. Just four players, and we never covered any of them

i can maybe understand not replacing Fox at the time having gone to 3 at the back under Monk. Obviously causes a problem if you revert in future as we have.

Not replacing Fletcher was criminal. Kept saying we should have gone for Chris Martin. You need someone like that in your squad and he was free.

Not replacing Murphy, again...criminal. Best wide player last season by a distance. How do you not replace your two top scorers?! Such key players for us.

Had no problem with Hutch leaving, but again, had to replace. We saw the effect it had pre-lockdown when Hutch was outcast and Luongo was injured. The club thinking Pelupessy was adequate cover still angers me.

Think bolasie and besic would be too of pulis list ? It’s the striker we need that’s going to be the problem? Big mobile woeful cf that can bring others into play whilst also scoring a few ? That’ll not be a problem 😆 as for a lb sure jazz Richards still a free surely better than the left back we have..? Oh not got one forget about that? Someone posted about shotton ? Sure he gone to Aussie league ? Our in balanced squad sure does take some beating as a clusterfook of an attempt to strengthen the side? Paul Daniels would struggle to get a trick out of this lot 

Realistically I can't see any permanent signings. Pulis has a major rebuild on his hands regardless of which division we end up in so I would go for best quality loan signings we can to try and stay up this season then take it from there.

For next season again regardless of division we need to be looking to get some promising younger talent on board (as well as developing our own) with a view to selling them on for a handsome profit a couple of years down the line a la Brentford. Whether or not TP has the contacts to do this I genuinely don't know.