January window - How many signings

15 minutes ago, Mick70 said:

Think bolasie and besic would be too of pulis list ? It’s the striker we need that’s going to be the problem? Big mobile woeful cf that can bring others into play whilst also scoring a few ? That’ll not be a problem 😆 as for a lb sure jazz Richards still a free surely better than the left back we have..? Oh not got one forget about that? Someone posted about shotton ? Sure he gone to Aussie league ? Our in balanced squad sure does take some beating as a clusterfook of an attempt to strengthen the side? Paul Daniels would struggle to get a trick out of this lot 

I think I know what you mean, but would like to see the English translation first to be certain! lol

• Haha 1

As for Pulis previous signings currently not getting game time 

Besic & Bolassie already mentioned

He also had Sam McQueen, left back from Southampton, when he was at Boro. Had a long spell out injured but now back fit

Very long shot on the striker but Hal Robson Kanu isn’t in the West Brom squad and is rumoured to be allowed out on loan in January. Wages will be an issue but we are at desperation stages now

3 hours ago, yeadonowl said:

He also had Sam McQueen, left back from Southampton, when he was at Boro. Had a long spell out injured but now back fit

Very long shot on the striker but Hal Robson Kanu isn’t in the West Brom squad and is rumoured to be allowed out on loan in January. Wages will be an issue but we are at desperation stages now

Robson Kanu is injured.

• Like 1

I'd throw some money at Peterborough for Clarke-Harris.

He's bang in form, just the kind of physical, quick raw striker we've been missing since Fletcher, if not before him. 

As well as him, still would like us to go in for Keinan Davis at Villa. Not getting games, very much due a loan. Very good target/hold up man that we're sorely missing. Will be encouraged to score more. 

Could we even see Glenn Murray here? Getting on a bit... but knows Pulis very well. Scores goals.

I can see him going in for Besic and Bolasie - albeit Boro are after Bolasie too.

Tom Ince, anyone?  I think Stoke will be happy to sell, player might fancy working with Pulis again (rated him highly at Palace) as he's not getting much love at Stoke but clearly has ability.

It's the strong, experienced midfielder we're lacking - someone to just dictate play and control the midfield. He's without a club, but I'm thinking someone like Tom Huddlestone. 

• Like 1

Just a thought but Pulis has had difficulty recruiting a coaching team.

Gardner was well down list and so was Trusson. He still has not got a goalkeeping coach.

He is poorly connected it is a fallacy he can rely on a good network. He is not a popular man for some reason. 

He does know Paixao (his mate) so will probably rely heavily on him. 

We are aware of his recruitment talents which concentrate on only a few clubs. 

If we do recruit any players they will come from clubs we have recruited from regularly at a guess. 

I have no idea who we will recruit and if form continues as in last few games Pulis may not be here in January.

• Haha 3

21 hours ago, yeadonowl said:

I think Robson-Kanu could be a very real possibility.

And to be honest, given the situation we're in and the market we'll be shopping in, we could do far worse.

He's not going to score you 10 goals between January and the end of the season, but he'll be a crucial focal point that we are so desperately lacking up front at the minute.

1 minute ago, frastheowl said:

I think Robson-Kanu could be a very real possibility.

And to be honest, given the situation we're in and the market we'll be shopping in, we could do far worse.

He's not going to score you 10 goals between January and the end of the season, but he'll be a crucial focal point that we are so desperately lacking up front at the minute.

I’ve now read he broke his arm in October but even with 1 arm he’s an improvement on Patterson 

• Like 1