Bielsa - is he all that?

Brommers

On 02/01/2021 at 16:04, kirksandallowl said:

It looks exciting going forward and nobody can claim it isn’t entertaining, but they are a ******** car crash at the back. 

Won't argue but as noted.... We don't have a single centre half fit and won't for a while by the looks, all 4 are injured. (cooper, Llorente... Spanish international.... Koch... German international and berardi). Every ch we have is injured. 

We are playing a right back and a young midfielder in there. 

Not complaining.... That's how it goes but considering I think we are doing OK.  If we could get a ch pairing fit we will be a lot better but it will ha e to do for now.  

They play some great stuff and they'll stay up comfortably. Defensively they are a bit of a car crash at times, but that's the trade off with getting that group of players to play such an offensive game.

Is Biesla a top class manager? Yes, absolutely.

Should he have been a contender for manager of the year? No chance imo.

That's not a knock on him or Leeds, more a knock on how the hype and hyperbole can get so out of hand these days. It'll be the same people who shower him with such platitudes who would then turn on him if results started to go awry.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Leeds U from sheff said:

Won't argue but as noted.... We don't have a single centre half fit and won't for a while by the looks, all 4 are injured. (cooper, Llorente... Spanish international.... Koch... German international and berardi). Every ch we have is injured. 

We are playing a right back and a young midfielder in there. 

Not complaining.... That's how it goes but considering I think we are doing OK.  If we could get a ch pairing fit we will be a lot better but it will ha e to do for now.  

You were conceding goals when your CB's were fit pal. Liverpool -4 , Fulham-3 , Palace -4 , Leicester -4 . Your defence is all over the place whenever I've seen you. But... you'll stay up comfortably as you'll outscore the bottom 6 teams. If you and your fans are happy to be a mid to lower league prem team under Bielsa's tenure then fine. There's a reason he has never won anything of note other than the championship trophy though.

Guest Mcguigan
14 hours ago, s29wfc said:

You were conceding goals when your CB's were fit pal. Liverpool -4 , Fulham-3 , Palace -4 , Leicester -4 . Your defence is all over the place whenever I've seen you. But... you'll stay up comfortably as you'll outscore the bottom 6 teams. If you and your fans are happy to be a mid to lower league prem team under Bielsa's tenure then fine. There's a reason he has never won anything of note other than the championship trophy though.

Crikey, give em a chance, they’ve only been in division 5 months.

On 03/01/2021 at 23:02, s29wfc said:

We have not been able to get our. 2 first pick chs out together even once. This season.  We have no fit ch now and havnt had one for a while now. 

Despite this.. A team from the championship has dominated possession in all 18 games, including City and Liverpool who dominate everyone possession wise.  You get nothing for possession agreed but as a newly promoted team dominating possession in every single game so far out of 18  is a sign something is going well.... In fact I'd guess its unheard of. 

Clearly Bielsa is a not what we need and we shouldn't be happy with mid table prem..... 

Give over.  Every championship side would have him today and so would 3/4of the prem. 

Sky did a table based on squad purchase value and actual position/points, guess who was top manager? 

With the right signings(easier said than done) and IF he stays much longer... He can get Leeds into the top 6(its not impossible) we have played poorly at the back this season agreed...too many mistakes... Even then if we had beat spurs we wild have been level poo ts with spurs/chsesea and a few others.

Even mid table is a staggering turnaround for a club that was not all that disimilar to sheff weds re on field fortunes for the last 15 years. 

Having said all that... As with any newly promoted side... Id still be happy with 17th and hopefuly a chance to be in the ground to see my team in the prem next season. 

• Like 1

On 07/01/2021 at 01:16, Leeds U from sheff said:

We have not been able to get our. 2 first pick chs out together even once. This season.  We have no fit ch now and havnt had one for a while now. 

Despite this.. A team from the championship has dominated possession in all 18 games, including City and Liverpool who dominate everyone possession wise.  You get nothing for possession agreed but as a newly promoted team dominating possession in every single game so far out of 18  is a sign something is going well.... In fact I'd guess its unheard of. 

Clearly Bielsa is a not what we need and we shouldn't be happy with mid table prem..... 

Give over.  Every championship side would have him today and so would 3/4of the prem. 

Sky did a table based on squad purchase value and actual position/points, guess who was top manager? 

With the right signings(easier said than done) and IF he stays much longer... He can get Leeds into the top 6(its not impossible) we have played poorly at the back this season agreed...too many mistakes... Even then if we had beat spurs we wild have been level poo ts with spurs/chsesea and a few others.

Even mid table is a staggering turnaround for a club that was not all that disimilar to sheff weds re on field fortunes for the last 15 years. 

Having said all that... As with any newly promoted side... Id still be happy with 17th and hopefuly a chance to be in the ground to see my team in the prem next season. 

2-0 against Crawley though 

:duntmatter:

I like Crawley. Years ago I use to do a bit of stewarding and was asked to do a game just after Christmas at Crawley. Crawley were conference then.

£20 for the game. Got there only to find out called off for a frozen pitch. They still paid us and let us take as many burgers and sausages home that had been cooked, but wouldn’t be sold.

Took them home and had an elderly Labrador that stuffed a lot of burgers and sausages.

Happy times.

• Like 2

Crawley were good value for their victory and look quite a handful on their own patch. 

Leeds were shocking today, too much intricate passing when 2 passes will do, and poor defending.