Bielsa - is he all that?

Brommers

Guest Mcguigan
9 hours ago, SiJ said:

Oh to be as enlightened as the great and wise McGuigan.

It is possible to play nice football and not defend like complete clowns.

As for being about the game and spectacle and not the result:

What a load of pretentious waffle.

Your welcome and I’ll return the compliment. So, when I need enlightening on matters involving sarcasm and being condescending, you’ll be the first poster I consult.

Have a safe Christmas.

Its now very apparent that Bielsa will never change his tactical outlook or style.

I reckon teams have worked them out and quite simply, defend well and surge them on the counter is the key with pace.

Yesterday was the perfect example, playing James, Rashford and Martial up top was a good move by OGS, Leeds got over-ran every time and had nothing in response.

It was only down to Man U's bad defending that they got 2. They looked so leggy in midfield and even the worlds best DM in Phillips aka 'The Yorkshire Pirlo' couldn't handle it.

13 hours ago, Mcguigan said:

Same usual suspect, inward looking Wednesday fans. Not got a clue. 

3 hours ago, Mcguigan said:

So, when I need enlightening on matters involving sarcasm and being condescending, 

Think the point many are making is he's up for Coach of the Year after getting a decent Leeds team promoted. 

Forget Klopp winning the PL with Liverpool, Flick winning the CL or Tuchel taking PSG to their first ever CL final. 

Wilder got United promoted on a fraction of his budget, and almost got them into Europe ffs. He was nowhere near. Its just because he's eccentric and likes to attack. 

• Like 1

I was in amazement at Martin Tyler gushing over Leeds during the match yesterday when they had conceded 6, yes 6 goals.

Has everyone gone mad? It might be entertaining but they got hammered by 6 goals against probably the worst Manchester United side in 30 years. 

Since when did that make you some kind of footballing genius? It was reckless and the result showed that. 

• Like 1

It's very odd.

Look, they play some good football and are having an ok season, but the gushing praise, refusal to criticise them.

I'm listening to Neville (along with Tyler) going wax lyrical over a team who just shipped 6 goals. Neville says he can't criticise them because they're entertaining, but if other teams played liked that then he would be slating them.

Why such double standards? Honestly, I sometimes wonder if Sky have a stake in Leeds. Not many clubs get quite such sycophantic levels of coverage.

Edited by SiJ
  • Like 1

Guest Mcguigan
1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I was in amazement at Martin Tyler gushing over Leeds during the match yesterday when they had conceded 6, yes 6 goals.

Has everyone gone mad? It might be entertaining but they got hammered by 6 goals against probably the worst Manchester United side in 30 years. 

Since when did that make you some kind of footballing genius? It was reckless and the result showed that. 

Do you think the result would have been any different if they had put 10 men behind the ball and conceded 60-70% possession to Man U?

Lose by the odd goal after parking the bus and never threatening their goal for 90 minutes or get after them and at least have a go. 

They had more attempts and shots on target than both Chelsea and Man City put together against them this season.

Klopp, Nuno Espirito Santo, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, Sean Dyche, Slaven Bilic and Roy Hodgson have all lost by 4 goal margins this season already, it happens to the best, even some footballing geniuses have conceded 5 this season.

No love for those scummers but Bielsa is different class. 

2 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

Do you think the result would have been any different if they had put 10 men behind the ball and conceded 60-70% possession to Man U?

Lose by the odd goal after parking the bus and never threatening their goal for 90 minutes or get after them and at least have a go. 

They had more attempts and shots on target than both Chelsea and Man City put together against them this season.

Klopp, Nuno Espirito Santo, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, Sean Dyche, Slaven Bilic and Roy Hodgson have all lost by 4 goal margins this season already, it happens to the best, even some footballing geniuses have conceded 5 this season.

Quite a few teams have gone to OT in recent seasons and had something resembling tactics and come away with 1 or 3 points. 

Bielsa as said is a good manager, vastly vastly overrated cos he sits on a tub and speaks Spanish 

7 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

Possibly I do yes. Manchester United have terrific pace on the counter and Leeds played straight into their hands. Literally the worst possible way to set up against the likes of Bruno, Martial and Rashford who are superb on the counter attack with pace to burn.

Sure they had some attempts on goals, but they conceded 6 ffs. Considering teams like Palace and Arsenal have managed to get a result against Man Utd this season, not defending like an under 11s Sunday League team might have seen them get something from it. 

Guest Mcguigan
36 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Possibly I do yes. Manchester United have terrific pace on the counter and Leeds played straight into their hands. Literally the worst possible way to set up against the likes of Bruno, Martial and Rashford who are superb on the counter attack with pace to burn.

Sure they had some attempts on goals, but they conceded 6 ffs. Considering teams like Palace and Arsenal have managed to get a result against Man Utd this season, not defending like an under 11s Sunday League team might have seen them get something from it. 

Dallas, Ayling, Cooper and Allioski probably cost less than £5m between them. Three of them where out of their natural positions and the keeper is vastly inexperienced at that level despite being a good prospect. 

Man U front three where always going to score and if the starting three didn't the multi million pound options off the bench would have. 

That Leeds defence yesterday wouldn't look out of place against us. Well below PL standard. 

On 21/12/2020 at 17:07, Mcguigan said:

That Leeds defence yesterday wouldn't look out of place against us. Well below PL standard. 

To be fair we have all four centre halves injured, we don't have one to play at the moment. 

We are currently playing a young midfielder and a right back in there......... plus another midfielder dropping in when opposition go 2 up front. 

Think we are doing remarkably well considering. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, kirksandallowl said:

It looks exciting going forward and nobody can claim it isn’t entertaining, but they are a ******** car crash at the back. 

Ayling, Cooper and Dallas 😂

2 bang average champ defenders and a decent winger made into a LB

Hmmm