Fans back at Hillsborough - 19th December .... probably...

2 hours ago, Nero said:

With Sheffield covid rates already well below 200 per 100,000

AND already similar to Merseyside when they went to Tier 2.

AND with another week and a half of reductions to go before next tiers are announced.

Its becoming increasingly likely that our home game with Coventry on Dec 19th will have 2,000 of us watching the Wednesday live.

Cue jokes.

JUST REJOICE AT THAT NEWS....

lol

Shouldn't  the heading really say possibly instead  of probably?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

Very unlikely that any Covid levels will change before January. There is no way the government is going to be able to look at every area in 2 weeks and decide region by region. Until daily infections are down below 7-8,000 a day there will be little or no changes.

I hope there is but it's very unlikely.

Covid levels are being reassessed next week for changes on December 16th.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, apswfcowl said:

Before we get too excited and prepare our best booing voices, each club has to have a "tester" event with just a 1000 capacity. So, if Sheffield enters tier 2 then the first game back will only have 1000 fans.

They can use and U23 game to run the trial,it doesnt have to be a first team match

1 hour ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

What is strange is that Luton who had fans in last night has a far higher Covid infection rate than Sheffield. Currently Luton is at 232 infections per 100K people compared to 165 in Sheffield and almost double the national average of 127.

Yeah but it's London init

4 hours ago, apswfcowl said:

Before we get too excited and prepare our best booing voices, each club has to have a "tester" event with just a 1000 capacity. So, if Sheffield enters tier 2 then the first game back will only have 1000 fans.

SAG/SYP wiill only need to close Penistone road in one direction then.:wacko:

11 hours ago, The only way is S6 said:

Puzzles me this current crowd allowance. If it’s all about social distancing & safety, surely bigger grounds can accommodate bigger crowds? Especially on 4 sides of a ground. Wouldn’t the solution be a percentage of capacity?

2k watching Charlton last night & 2k watching Arsenal tonight.

That’s never reyt. 
20% of official capacity split around the ground maybe, in tier 2.

So 5,500 at CAFC & 15,000 at Arse. 

Yep, Luton & Wycombe had 1,000 in grounds holding 10,000 and behind the goal at Luton just looked like a low attendance 'normal' game (camera angle presumably deceptive)

image.png.e4a0adb4c0f92f8802df74ff4bf2c0d9.png

I'd sooner not have fans than have 1,000 or 2,000 in Hillsborough... all it'll do is allow negativity to echo around the stadium.

9 hours ago, Nero said:

Covid levels are being reassessed next week for changes on December 16th.

It not just levels of infections it's numbers in hospitals, in the local area such as rotherham, doncaster, Barnsley that are so still too high.

Don't get your hopes up because we could be in tier 3 till at least the new year.

12 hours ago, Nero said:

With Sheffield covid rates already well below 200 per 100,000

AND already similar to Merseyside when they went to Tier 2.

AND with another week and a half of reductions to go before next tiers are announced.

Its becoming increasingly likely that our home game with Coventry on Dec 19th will have 2,000 of us watching the Wednesday live.

Cue jokes.

JUST REJOICE AT THAT NEWS....

lol

Where are you getting the stats from? What are the rest of South Yorkshire like, they will all count

11 hours ago, room0035 said:

Very unlikely that any Covid levels will change before January. There is no way the government is going to be able to look at every area in 2 weeks and decide region by region. Until daily infections are down below 7-8,000 a day there will be little or no changes.

I hope there is but it's very unlikely.

I also suspect rates will start to go back up again now everyone's allowed out and Brenda and Karen can go dawdling round Meadowhall again.

So yes, I would be very surprised if our tier changes any time soon.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Owly Mowly said:

Would chippy be open?

dont think they would bother with only 10% of normal punters ,even clubs say they will lose money , you want to go into city centre and see what damage all this has done ,my mother said there were only 2 in m&s yesterday upstairs and 2 in john lewis ,all the lot will go within weeks and months ,some are now too used to online buying and have been terrified into not going in the shops or travelling by bus etc . same to a point will happen with football crowds i reckon they will drop by at least 20%.