Fans back at Hillsborough - 19th December .... probably...

49 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

According to the guidelines, fans are to avoid excessive singing and shouting. ... F*** this I’m out.

to be honest i dont understand any of these stupid rules , it looked at some grounds even at there seats there faces were tied up and smothered with a mask ,yet some grounds it looked like once they were at seats u didnt need a mask , what is the rule? or do the clubs make there own rules up? i wont be spending 2hours with a mask on so im out if thats what is needed. 

23 minutes ago, morganowl said:

not allowed m8 , you are given a time to arrive and a time to leave . so if we are losing 5-0 like blackburn game you have to endure it and even stay 10 mins after kick off 

:duntmatter:

45 minutes ago, morganowl said:

dont think they would bother with only 10% of normal punters ,even clubs say they will lose money , you want to go into city centre and see what damage all this has done ,my mother said there were only 2 in m&s yesterday upstairs and 2 in john lewis ,all the lot will go within weeks and months ,some are now too used to online buying and have been terrified into not going in the shops or travelling by bus etc . same to a point will happen with football crowds i reckon they will drop by at least 20%. 

Yet in Leeds there were 2,000 people queuing to get into Primark at 7am. The problem with Sheffield city centre is it is not car friendly they don't invite people in with cars so these people go where they are invited in. 

Sheffield city centre may not recover from the damage of Co-Vid but where other places are inviting people into city centres to spend money, we are making it difficult to get there with the road network then charge silly high parking charges for anyone who does make it.

This of course is not helped by Mainline and Stagecoach running reduced services with little or no social distancing in place.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, morganowl said:

to be honest i dont understand any of these stupid rules , it looked at some grounds even at there seats there faces were tied up and smothered with a mask ,yet some grounds it looked like once they were at seats u didnt need a mask , what is the rule? or do the clubs make there own rules up? i wont be spending 2hours with a mask on so im out if thats what is needed. 

The premier league are making it manitory to wear mask so the Premier league lacy at the EFL RP will follow suit shortly.

I dont blame Sheffield Wednesday, Local authorities or even the Government but all sounds too much hassle to go to watch a game at Hillsborough, so think I wont apply for the ballot to get a ticket for any upcoming games.

If the pubs are open will be hassle getting in there for a drink before and after and probably more hassle to go to the chippy before.

Be also like watching a reserve match with only 2,000 in the ground.

4 hours ago, bigrbuk said:
5 hours ago, room0035 said:

It not just levels of infections it's numbers in hospitals, in the local area such as rotherham, doncaster, Barnsley that are so still too high.

Don't get your hopes up because we could be in tier 3 till at least the new year.

Where are you getting the stats from? What are the rest of South Yorkshire like, they will all count

Daily Covid Rates at Gov.uk

ALL south yorks  Sheff/Roth/Donc/Barns is now under 200 per 100,000

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Nero said:

Daily Covid Rates at Gov.uk

ALL south yorks  Sheff/Roth/Donc/Barns is now under 200 per 100,000

That's great news how many people are currently in hospital in South Yorkshire, because I was hearing on the radio this morning they are near to full on the Co-Vid wards.

I hope fans get back as quickly as possible but its not going to be this side of Christmas for us I think. The government will have 2 weeks of data for the whole of the country to go through by the 16th Dec, its going to be who shouts the loudest for any Co-Vid changes and our MP's are useless in Yorkshire.

I suspect there will be little change to any of the regions in tier 3.

4 hours ago, room0035 said:

Yet in Leeds there were 2,000 people queuing to get into Primark at 7am. The problem with Sheffield city centre is it is not car friendly they don't invite people in with cars so these people go where they are invited in. 

Sheffield city centre may not recover from the damage of Co-Vid but where other places are inviting people into city centres to spend money, we are making it difficult to get there with the road network then charge silly high parking charges for anyone who does make it.

This of course is not helped by Mainline and Stagecoach running reduced services with little or no social distancing in place.

so glad i dont own a business in town ,its slit your throat time im afraid for a lot of them. 

30 minutes ago, stanningtonowl said:

At least parking won’t be an issue. Some will still leave 10 mins before the end to get away quickly and miss the traffic. 

but be faced with stewards with battons telling you are not allowed to leave you cannot leave your seat until your allocated departure time of 510pm . maybe they could strap us into our seats and only release until our allowed time lol 

On 03/12/2020 at 19:31, Nero said:

With Sheffield covid rates already well below 200 per 100,000

AND already similar to Merseyside when they went to Tier 2.

AND with another week and a half of reductions to go before next tiers are announced.

Its becoming increasingly likely that our home game with Coventry on Dec 19th will have 2,000 of us watching the Wednesday live.

Cue jokes.

JUST REJOICE AT THAT NEWS....

lol

Dont hold your breath for that.............Northern Citys by and large wont be unlocking 'on mass' in my view....Personally other than 'Xmas' week I would expect most of the Country to be in tier 3 until the spring,with the excuse being that (after Xmas) infections will inevitably rise again.....

If Citys are placed in tier 2,i personally would expect it to go back to three pretty soon after Xmas....'politics innit'?

Hope ime wrong..

22 hours ago, stanningtonowl said:

At least parking won’t be an issue. Some will still leave 10 mins before the end to get away quickly and miss the traffic. 

I usually stay till the end to miss the traffic.