The Half-Time Changes

7 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Brilliant management.

Massively under the cosh. 

Changed 441 into 351/531.

Duracell Moses for Palmer. Iorfa-Lees-Borner plus Duracell plus Reach.

The fabulously willing and fast Harris keeping them busy. Paterson-Luongo-Joey workhorse midfield.

Terrific calm logical management. Brilliant.

And let’s not forget, it needs huge buy-in, heart and legs from the players. Just a terrific effort all-round. You can see how Pulis gets the players working for him.

Spot on.

Right decision to take Bannan off too, which I don’t think many previous managers would have done.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He’s a proper, proper shrewd manager isn’t he? I know we’ve not got a win yet, but the last 4 games are as tough as they come in this division and we’ve only finished half of them with 11 on the pitch. 

His game management is excellent. He’s not afraid to make changes and invariably they’ve worked. As Snoots says above, the players are clearly buying into it too — there was one moment where we conceded possession close to our byline and instantly the players knew exactly where they needed to be and snuffed out the danger

• Like 1

Pure genius 

we need to stop making this hard for ourselves Harris and reach looked dead on their feet’s when their games ended put a real shift like everyone did tonight 

if pulis gets through this season and can assemble his offensive team I think we will be back challenging 

hope he gets enough to see us through this season 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

He’s a proper, proper shrewd manager isn’t he? I know we’ve not got a win yet, but the last 4 games are as tough as they come in this division and we’ve only finished half of them with 11 on the pitch. 

His game management is excellent. He’s not afraid to make changes and invariably they’ve worked. As Snoots says above, the players are clearly buying into it too — there was one moment where we conceded possession close to our byline and instantly the players knew exactly where they needed to be and snuffed out the danger

Only finished half of the first half with 11 on the pitch considering that it’s beggars belief he’s got three points out of that 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fpowl said:

Only finished half of the first half with 11 on the pitch considering that it’s beggars belief he’s got three points out of that 

Yeah you’re right mate, both first half reds as well. There’s no way we get three points out of the last four games unless 1) he knows what he’s doing and 2) the players are buying in to it.

Early days but I’m impressed by him both as a tactician and a leader, he’s fully won me over after less than a month!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Think tank said:

Spot on.

Right decision to take Bannan off too, which I don’t think many previous managers would have done.

Agreed previous managers would have let him play on with injury then be out injured for two months.

It's really hard not to like pulis comes across very very well. Can see us scraping odd win and quite a few draws this month and sneaking out of bottom 3 by new year and transfer window opening

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I thought the HT subs were spot on. 

Thought a couple more on 75 mins were required, to get more energy up front and give Harris / Patterson  a break

Be interesting with Iorfa fit will this be a reversion to 3 at the back

10 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Brilliant management.

Massively under the cosh. 

Changed 441 into 351/531.

Duracell Moses for Palmer. Iorfa-Lees-Borner plus Duracell plus Reach.

The fabulously willing and fast Harris keeping them busy. Paterson-Luongo-Joey workhorse midfield.

Terrific calm logical management. Brilliant.

And let’s not forget, it needs huge buy-in, heart and legs from the players. Just a terrific effort all-round. You can see how Pulis gets the players working for him.

Indeed it worked though Moses was lucky not to give a penalty away with a few minutes of being on the pitch the bloke is a complete liability in his own box.

It was great to see Iorfa back and the backline just looked so much stronger with him there.

I would prefer lees to be dropped and Iorfa in for the next game as Lees gave away so many stupid free kicks on the edge of the area, the attackers going no where in modern football they just take the slightest contact to go down.

I think we made a mistake in the last 20 though Harris had been ok in the game but putting him up front on his own was a waste, he didn't have the presents to hold the ball up and an outlet me could have had done the wing was wasted.

I would have been inclined to put Paterson up front even though he worked his socks off in midfield because he would have held the ball up and picked up free kicks in their half. 

10 hours ago, Think tank said:

Spot on.

I think as pazowl55 said, Bannon was or looked injured, but even with that, he still made the right decisions. 

Just to bring everyone back down to earth a bit - this thread wouldn't exist if VAR existed, or if the ref/assistants had spotted the three clear penalties that Reading should have had

This thread would be the opposite 

"Why did he bring HIM on? He cost us the game with his stupidity in the box" etc

Owlstalk Shop