Tony Pulis "It was a reckless challenge and I understand why the referee gave a red card"

The red card aside it is refreshing to listen to a manger who calls it like it is and doesn't talk in bullshitclichés. 

Yes it was a red, yes we got lucky on a couple of pen decisions, yes we need to strengthen but most importantly he has got the players fighting for the team. 

He's not trying to kid himself or us and I respect him for that. 

I think the players do too. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The modern game is becoming pretty much a non contact sport really. In some ways that can be seen as better but it just gets further and further away from being the sport I fell in love with. Don’t even get me started on the ‘simulation’ (why do we need a different word from ‘cheating’?). 
Same as many I am a Wednesday fan but don’t watch any other games at all!

As for the sending off, it was a red as the rules are constituted. 
Lets not crucify the lad and hope he learns his harsh lesson and becomes a better player for it. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Point is you have to learn not to make a tackle like that. Indeed there is no need to. Stay on your feet, delay the player, make them rush the pass

Our players are just not that intelligent in playing the game 

I don't know.  

I personally like seeing our midfielders get tackles in.  Whether that is a standing one or a sliding tackle.  

i think a lot of it comes down to the players actually being coached properly.  Same thing we saw with Van Aken the other week before he was hauled off.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

The red card aside it is refreshing to listen to a manger who calls it like it is and doesn't talk in bullshitclichés. 

Yes it was a red, yes we got lucky on a couple of pen decisions, yes we need to strengthen but most importantly he has got the players fighting for the team. 

He's not trying to kid himself or us and I respect him for that. 

I think the players do too. 

Good post fella

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Point is you have to learn not to make a tackle like that. Indeed there is no need to. Stay on your feet, delay the player, make them rush the pass

true, but he was tempted into it by the reading guy's poor touch making it a 50:50.

1 minute ago, OhForAnotherShez said:

true, but he was tempted into it by the reading guy's poor touch making it a 50:50.

Thats the major thing, it always happens when one or the other takes a heavy touch. 

You just can't launch into tackles anymore, as soon as the lead foot misses the ball he's up poo creek.  I just can't see how anyone would think it wasn't red with the modern rules, you'd have to be extremely lucky to get away with it.

Guest OrlandoUnTrustful

I think it was naive and reckless rather than intentional and dangerous from Shaw. We have all made and received tackles far worse during our illustrious playing careers.

However we need to realise that this is 2020 and every single professional player knows the dangers of making those type of tackles. Forget amateur football this is the modern game and players are briefed on what is acceptable.

The previous weeks ill discipline will of also had an affect on the ref. He will of checked our disciplinary record and it will of subconsciously impacted today’s decision.

We have to be more pragmatic and controlled when we step into the pitch.

6 minutes ago, OrlandoUnTrustful said:

I think it was naive and reckless rather than intentional and dangerous from Shaw. We have all made and received tackles far worse during our illustrious playing careers.

However we need to realise that this is 2020 and every single professional player knows the dangers of making those type of tackles. Forget amateur football this is the modern game and players are briefed on what is acceptable.

The previous weeks ill discipline will of also had an affect on the ref. He will of checked our disciplinary record and it will of subconsciously impacted today’s decision.

We have to be more pragmatic and controlled when we step into the pitch.

Agree, the lad will learn from this, he's only young.

1 hour ago, mkowl said:

Agree with the point about intelligence or rather what coaching is telling them. Even Lees is making tackles from behind the player where he has no chance of getting the ball.

5 minutes ago, victorturner said:

Agree with the point about intelligence or rather what coaching is telling them. Even Lees is making tackles from behind the player where he has no chance of getting the ball.

That was a really stupid decision, especially since Luongo had previously been booked for one of the cleanest tackles from behind you’re ever likely to see!

1 hour ago, mkowl said:

He definitely saw the red mist.