Tony Pulis "It was a reckless challenge and I understand why the referee gave a red card"

1 minute ago, Pieman said:

We are significantly worse than everyone else at the triple salchow with  blood curdling, my leg is only held on with a layer of skin, screeeeaaaaammmm.

We should play the Wilhelm scream over the tannoy whenever the opposition go in for a tackle.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Just a shame we haven't got any game changers in our squad. 

We have we bring Pelupessy on and he makes us worse 

1 minute ago, victorturner said:

I do not think he made any contact and the Reading  guy could have been booked for simulation. I think the ref was conned by the simulation to a degree and without contact,  a yellow card and a dressing down might have been acceptable

Ufortunately the game has changed for the worst. 

• Like 2

I do not think he made any contact and the Reading  guy could have been booked for simulation. I think the ref was conned by the simulation to a degree and without contact,  a yellow card and a dressing down might have been acceptable

Time for a new TV?

The range of TV sets are amazing these days and there are some really good offers on at the moment with it being the Black Friday week.

Failing that, Specsavers are doing 2 for 1 in their sale.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Ronio said:

To be fair to Shaw, there is such a fine line between a perfectly timed crunching tackle and a reckless tackle.  In this instance, it just happened to be the latter.  

I'm sure he will learn from this.  

Point is you have to learn not to make a tackle like that. Indeed there is no need to. Stay on your feet, delay the player, make them rush the pass

Our players are just not that intelligent in playing the game 

10 minutes ago, itsonmyhead said:

He deserved to go, it was a stupid challenge. We have major discipline problems highlighted by a yellow card for kicking a ball away while down to 10 men

While trying to buy the side a few seconds to count the clock down and grab a breather....

What annoyed me was about ten minutes later, their player (Ejaria I think) went in for a 50/50 with Paterson, moving his leg down over the ball in a stamping motion that can do serious damage if it makes contact with a standing leg. The ball was bouncing and went between both players so no contact was made, but if either player’s momentum brought them closer to the other, it would’ve been an horrible challenge.

That was reckless (or worse) even though there wasn’t any contact — obviously no foul was given

• Like 2

Just now, Dronfield Blue said:

Time for a new TV?

The range of TV sets are amazing these days and there are some really good offers on at the moment with it being the Black Friday week.

Failing that, Specsavers are doing 2 for 1 in their sale.

The upraised studs and vigour explain the transgression but the upraised studs did not go onto the guy’s leg but he buckled as if mortally wounded. There was some simulation a,though the guy may have been collided with body and leg from a tackle where Shaw seemed to take a run at it!

2 minutes ago, CrosbyKitchens said:

Me too. VAR, no proper tackles,  financial rules meaning the Big 6 will now always be the Big 6. It's disgusting. Closed premier league and European league here we come.

Can't wait to start watching amateur football again. 

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

What annoyed me was about ten minutes later, their player (Ejaria I think) went in for a 50/50 with Paterson, moving his leg down over the ball in a stamping motion that can do serious damage if it makes contact with a standing leg. The ball was bouncing and went between both players so no contact was made, but if either player’s momentum brought them closer to the other, it would’ve been an horrible challenge.

That was reckless (or worse) even though there wasn’t any contact — obviously no foul was given

There are questions about the coaching at SWFC, although Paterson  has brought his play with him

The upraised studs and vigour explain the transgression but the upraised studs did not go onto the guy’s leg but he buckled as if mortally wounded. There was some simulation a,though the guy may have been collided with body and leg from a tackle where Shaw seemed to take a run at it!

Yes, but the rules are the rules.

Studs showing and contact, red.

I'm more concerned with the the stupidity of the action by Shaw which shows a lack of discipline and/ or intelligence. Pulis will sort that though.