Sheffield Wednesday manager predicts "Paterson could get us 10 to 15 goals from midfield"

Screenshot 2020-11-27 at 10.57.53.jpg

"Paterson has been a big shining light here in the two games that we have played. He has been outstanding for us and he will have a big, big part to play over the next few months."

"He has got so many strings to his bow," he said, "If we get it all fixed an identity to the team which takes longer than two weeks to do, I’d love to see Callum arriving in the box late.

"I think he is brave and attacks the ball well and I think he would score goals. I think he could get you 10 to 15 goals from midfield and that's something that every club in this league would love to have.

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2020-11-27 at 10.57.53.jpg

"Paterson has been a big shining light here in the two games that we have played. He has been outstanding for us and he will have a big, big part to play over the next few months."

"He has got so many strings to his bow," he said, "If we get it all fixed an identity to the team which takes longer than two weeks to do, I’d love to see Callum arriving in the box late.

"I think he is brave and attacks the ball well and I think he would score goals. I think he could get you 10 to 15 goals from midfield and that's something that every club in this league would love to have.

I'd love to have a striker getting 15 goals!

• Like 1

Guest Mcguigan
4 minutes ago, Sticky Micky said:

More chance of him eating 15 mince pies at Christmas 

My thoughts sadly.

He's not fit enough to be arriving late in the box, then having to do his midfield role when teams break on us. We would be left very exposed.

Guest wilyfox

It’s possible. He did it at Cardiff playing off Zohore. Maybe we need that powerhouse centre-forward to help other pieces fall into place. At Stoke 🧢 had Fuller, Jerome, and Jones. That is the type he needs to source for us to make the team function better. 

From what I saw of him against Swansea I could actually see this.

Well, maybe 7 or 8 goals anyway—but that alone would be fantastic.

In any case, he looks a much better prospect in midfield than up top. Yes, his ability in the air is useful up there, but otherwise his game seems to lack far more there than it possesses when he plays there.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

He's a decent player and works hard but we have been trying to use him like we did Fletcher and he's not up to it.

If the manager can find a position that suits him we might see the best of him.

We know Pulis likes Westwood, Luongo, Bannan and Paterson from his praise for them. That's 4/11ths of the side sorted. I wonder who else he likes.

2 hours ago, prowl said:

He's a decent player and works hard but we have been trying to use him like we did Fletcher and he's not up to it.

If the manager can find a position that suits him we might see the best of him.

We know Pulis likes Westwood, Luongo, Bannan and Paterson from his praise for them. That's 4/11ths of the side sorted. I wonder who else he likes.

Iorfa, Borner

• Like 1

I think the key takeaway here is that Tony sees him as a MIDFIELDER and not a STRIKER which was what Monk tried to pass him off as when he was signed!

In effect then with Marriot going back to Derby the situation is no different to where we were at 2-3 months ago squadwise, as Rhodes is still the only recognised striker on the books (and that's being generous given his track record). I mean really, how did Monk expect we would win enough games with no attack? 0-0 our way to safety? Awful squad building!

• Like 1