Sheffield Wednesday manager predicts "Paterson could get us 10 to 15 goals from midfield"

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Can't see Windass getting a game once we get a striker

He doesn't fit anywhere else into how Pulis sets up

Windass' days are numbered

I watched Arsenal's youngsters press Chelsea to death yesterday. We can't get players that talented but there must be some young players on Premier teams books with that level of fitness who aren't getting a game

Edited by daveyboy66
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Absolutely

I said after the game - if any one of those 4 players had just put in a tackle (not even a foul) we could have come away with 3 points yesterday

I hate this sort of  reasoning if we had stopped the goal in this way then we would have won.  Why does one lead to the other?  It could have just as easily lead to us losing by three goals.

Guest Grandad
1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

I hate this sort of  reasoning if we had stopped the goal in this way then we would have won.  Why does one lead to the other?  It could have just as easily lead to us losing by three goals.

Huge difference between would and could

33 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

Not a personal dig here but a statement of what I keep noticing. 

You look at all the good teams, when defending they close down players before the opposition player receives the ball. Creating pressure which leads to mistakes 

I notice we wait, until the opposition player comfortably receives the ball, before making a half hearted attempt to close them down. 

It's a different level of fitness. We haven't seen it too often over recent years

I'm sorry, but this post!!

'Close down'?!! Please keep up. It's called a 'press' now and it's fairly new. A Klopp invention apparently. Plus, there are different types of 'press' as well. A 'high press', a 'collective/team press' and the, 'individual press' (not recommended).

You'll be saying centre forward next instead of the bloke, 'up top'!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Rodger Wylde said:

I'm sorry, but this post!!

'Close down'?!! Please keep up. It's called a 'press' now and it's fairly new.

Judging by Pogos stomach hanging out of his Shorts reveal when wiping the ball at a throw in ....I'd hazard a guess the only press he's familiar with is a "cider press".......

Sid.png.6418c7b27166ed09220ee87f47053b01.png

• Haha 2

After watching a few games on IFollow I must admit I am really struggling seeing what Paterson gives to the team.  It just illustrates the sorry state of our recruitment system.  Just like JVA being sourced from 4m centre backs.  No wonder we’re in mess we are in.

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Can't see Windass getting a game once we get a striker

He doesn't fit anywhere else into how Pulis sets up

Windass' days are numbered

You could be right on this. I can see Windass becoming the go-to player from the bench if we are losing with 10 minutes left. Say we do sign a focal point striker, what do you expect us to do? Play Paterson as the closest player to the striker?