RIP Diego Maradona

Genius. Not flawed Genius. Genius.

He recognised his own flaws, but he lived a life, his way.

I think you can say he had an addictive personality. To get to his level of mastery over the ball, his first addiction was clearly  football.

RIP Diego

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/diego-maradona-dead-last-interview-23068815?int_source=taboola&int_medium=display&int_campaign=organic

Edited by Ozymandias Owl
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

No RIP from me. He can go to hell.

Cheat and a vile character. I got some really good life-changing news yesterday and then when I heard this in the car on the way home it was the cherry on top.

Only thing sad about it is that it was painless and he wouldn't have known much about it.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Steelman said:

Cheat and a vile character. I got some really good life-changing news yesterday and then when I heard this in the car on the way home it was the cherry on top.

Only thing sad about it is that it was painless and he wouldn't have known much about it.

Wow that's a lot of hate  .....you ever that about some counselling  ?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Grandad said:

Yeah cos Benfica and Real Madrid were on telly every week in the late 50s and early 60s

This reminds me of the classic interview with Tim Lovejoy , when he was asked who is all time favourite player was . Johan Cruyff he said straight away. ‘ the best , a genius’. The interviewer decided to delve into it , and eventually lovejoy admitted the only thing he had ever seen of cruyff playing was that one clip of the famous cruyff turn.

Guest Grandad
1 hour ago, mcmigo said:

This reminds me of the classic interview with Tim Lovejoy , when he was asked who is all time favourite player was . Johan Cruyff he said straight away. ‘ the best , a genius’. The interviewer decided to delve into it , and eventually lovejoy admitted the only thing he had ever seen of cruyff playing was that one clip of the famous cruyff turn.

Yeah call me old fashioned but I do think it's important to have actually seen a player, you know, actually play, before you pronounce him as one of the world's greatest

Not just a few black and white photos in a book

Guest LondonOwl313
3 hours ago, Steelman said:

Bit harsh just because he cheated in a game 34 years ago.. can’t see why anyone would get joy out of someone else they don’t even know dying.

That said, I don’t get the size of the reaction to this news. I can see why it’s being reported and can see why Argentina might choose to mark it in some way, but the media over here are making such a big deal out of it. People die all the time and there are thousands of former footballers

Best player to ever play the game.

A unique talent with individual skills that we may never see again. Messi is good but Maradona is from another planet. He played in an era where he was kicked every game and was even unplayable for Napoli against some of the Italian defensive greats.

He won the 86 World Cup for his country by himself and dragged an ordinary team through the tournament. 

A sad decline but he was never going to make an old age.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Steelman said:

What a hate filled post.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Bit harsh just because he cheated in a game 34 years ago.. can’t see why anyone would get joy out of someone else they don’t even know dying.

That said, I don’t get the size of the reaction to this news. I can see why it’s being reported and can see why Argentina might choose to mark it in some way, but the media over here are making such a big deal out of it. People die all the time and there are thousands of former footballers

The reaction tells you everything you need to know about his genius. He was captivating. And that’s why it’s dominating headlines. 

• Like 1