Jordan Rhodes

On 24/11/2020 at 14:16, Bannofan said:

Seriously, just play him. 

I simply don't care anymore , at least it will shut his fan club on here up.

Never known a Sheffield Wednesday player be so incredibly poor for us but receive so much support . The only reason I can think of is that these supporters of his are the same ones that were  clamouring and screaming for him us to buy him, and now they simply can't admit they were wrong.

Get him in the team from now until the end of the season , after that he isn't our problem. 

If he stays in this team until the end of the season (assuming that Pulis doesn’t sign a striker in Jan) then relegation is a real possibility. 
Pulis will make us hard to beat, but we need wins not draws.

And I agree the support for him on here is baffling. Like someone ploughing money into a one arm bandit thinking they’re bound to get the jackpot, when the reality is a few meagre returns along the way. 

• Like 5

On 24/11/2020 at 14:58, A12owl said:

It's like asking Bannan to go in goal. 

If he hasn't got the confidence then he shouldn't take one. 

Than why be a striker ?its what we bought him for,to be that person,to score those all important goals....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 19/11/2020 at 14:14, parajack said:

If he does that and it doesnt work,we are risking a relegation....Q: even with our limited options is that a chance worth taking?...or would he be better utilising Windass?

Problem is we now have 5 first team players injured plus 2 suspended so we have to play what we have

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, parajack said:

Than why be a striker ?its what we bought him for,to be that person,to score those all important goals....

Can you imagine the job interview ? 

You’ll be expected to score goals, take penalties....yeah no problem...sign here then.

He missed one V Leeds...and then apparently declined to take one in the most important game he played in for us. 
What do other strikers do after they miss a pen. Vardy missed one recently, I’d be amazed if he declines the next one.

• Thanks 1

Guest REDAs_biG_piECE

TBf to Rhodes once again the team created him zero chances from which to attempt to score 

We looked better with him on than the hapless Kachumpa

“And I agree the support for him on here is baffling. Like someone ploughing money into a one arm bandit thinking they’re bound to get the jackpot, when the reality is a few meagre returns along the way.”

Elias Kachunga actually sounds like a one arm bandit and is less mobile. 

He made Rhodes look like Harry Kane 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

“And I agree the support for him on here is baffling. Like someone ploughing money into a one arm bandit thinking they’re bound to get the jackpot, when the reality is a few meagre returns along the way.”

Elias Kachunga actually sounds like a one arm bandit and is less mobile. 

He made Rhodes look like Harry Kane 

Which sums up where the club is. 

Putting Rhodes in the sane sentence as Kane. 
:duntmatter:

• Like 1

I thought Paterson did really well in the withdrawn role tonight.

I’ll be utterly gobsmacked if Kachunga starts anytime soon. 

So I’m sure we’ll see Rhodes start Saturday, and rightly so. We looked a better team when he was on the pitch tonight. 

• Haha 1

In the 55 minutes Rhodes was on tonight he produced the same as he always does.... nowt 

Didnt hold the ball up , don’t think he won a header and struggled to play the role he was asked to do 

he is finished at this level and has been for years 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, hugeowl said:

In the 55 minutes Rhodes was on tonight he produced the same as he always does.... nowt 

Didnt hold the ball up , don’t think he won a header and struggled to play the role he was asked to do 

he is finished at this level and has been for years 

Did you think the team played better with him off for Kachunga?

• Like 1

Kachunga being rubbish does not mean that Jordan Rhodes is not terrible as well. 
neither are anywhere near required standard.

If we play Rhodes a run of ten games, we are certs to get relegated- the only time he gets a start is in the first 3 or 4 games of a new manager spell until they work out that he really is that bad. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2