Jordan Rhodes

14 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

What did the great man say ?

It’s in the presser thread about halfway thru. Really enjoyable watch.

Says the modern game up front is pace, power and getting in behind.

My man Rhodes doesnt fit that does he?

I maintain he’s the best we have right now, but I’m certain Pulis will buy to fit that description.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

I maintain he’s the best we have right now, but I’m certain Pulis will buy to fit that description.

Messi seems to do alright.

Verdi's hardly the fastest or most powerful.

Neither is Kane really.

Kun Aguero at City.

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

Yes, the closest thing we have to a target man and proven (historically) goal scorer.

But nothing like the type of player he favoured at Stoke. To be fair, he got a lot out of Jon Walters.

I think they have different strengths. Whilst Verdi’s musical masterpiece “Aida”  is an inspiring tragedy about doomed love taking place against a backdrop of war and palace intrigue. Rhodes “thumbs up to the lads” communicates deep emotion  with just a simple upward gesture of the hand. I don’t think it’s fair to either of them to make the comparison. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sheffielddart said:

I think they have different strengths. Whilst Verdi’s musical masterpiece “Aida”  is an inspiring tragedy about doomed love taking place against a backdrop of war and palace intrigue. Rhodes “thumbs up to the lads” communicates deep emotion  with just a simple upward gesture of the hand. I don’t think it’s fair to either of them to make the comparison. 

Love it

On 25/11/2020 at 23:03, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

“And I agree the support for him on here is baffling. Like someone ploughing money into a one arm bandit thinking they’re bound to get the jackpot, when the reality is a few meagre returns along the way.”

Elias Kachunga actually sounds like a one arm bandit and is less mobile. 

He made Rhodes look like Harry Kane 

Did Rhodes score? (or even look like scoring?) because thats what we paid(are paying) the 8 or so Million quid for,plus his wages each week...comparing Kachunga to that is a more reasonable comparison...

NO kachunga may not be Maradonna....but on the other hand,he wasnt brought in with the same expectations was he?

JR coming here was allegedly a great bit of business for somebody,just wasnt us...was it?

• Haha 1

I'm certainly not one who's been calling for Rhodes to start, but what the heck has Pulis just done!?

Bringing him on at half time only to sub him on 85 minutes is going to completely destroy any remaining confidence he still has, isn't it?

Fair enough, he did the square root of bugger-all this afternoon, but that's because he's Jordan Rhodes being asked to play upfront on his own with absolutely no service of any kind to feed off. Of course he did bugger-all!

Rhodes looked thoroughly dejected when leaving the pitch, and I can understand why.

That was a very odd decision.

• Like 2

I think thats it....its sell on up the river...Jordan

lets be bluntly honest...Pulis can only use what he's got...and I think he has made his mind up about our "Top" signing today

and its probably fair enough...Wednesday fans have backed Rhodes, and slated better players off for long enough...The love affair is over...

• Thanks 1

Think it's such an overreaction if Rhodes looked dejected coming off.

Sure if we were chasing the game and losing, but it was 0-0 and they were on top so we wanted to see out the draw.

Shows he isn't a team player if he's getting miserable about being taken off for last few mins. He never looked like scoring when on the pitch anyway.

We had few chances but the ones we did were in the first half when Patterson was up top.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Yup, he’s a gonner.

His goalscoring has deserted him, he has no pace, no fighting qualities, no link up play, and everything stops when the ball falls to him.

So sad to see, he used to be a terrific striker. 

I’ll remember you for the player you were though JR. A quality striker.