Jordan Rhodes

Guest Therealrealist
On 20/11/2020 at 22:14, Mick70 said:

Think the problem with fletcher was covid19 app we’d got close to a deal b4 the lockdown covid19 happens and changes everything he went to Stoke because they offered more than our new offer which was significantly less than the one being talked about before the lockdown? As for Rhodes it really is his last chance salmon for us ? Pulis knows he can score goals and will probably set us up to get the ball in the right areas for Rhodes to score, whether or not Jordan is still up to it or has still got it we’ll soon see ? With our squad atm there is no other goal scorer in it? ( stat wise?)

The problem with fletcher is he milked us for 40k a week for 4 years then when we had to cut our cloth accordingly..and offered him a new deal on 12k a week..and he gave us the big middle finger and scurried off to stoke..thanks to swfc he now owns half of dore apparantly

Seriously, just play him. 

I simply don't care anymore , at least it will shut his fan club on here up.

Never known a Sheffield Wednesday player be so incredibly poor for us but receive so much support . The only reason I can think of is that these supporters of his are the same ones that were  clamouring and screaming for him us to buy him, and now they simply can't admit they were wrong.

Get him in the team from now until the end of the season , after that he isn't our problem. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Bannofan said:

Never known a Sheffield Wednesday player be so incredibly poor for us but receive so much support . The only reason I can think of is that these supporters of his are the same ones that were  clamouring and screaming for him us to buy him, and now they simply can't admit they were wrong.

Get him in the team from now until the end of the season , after that he isn't our problem. 

Nuhiu

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Bannofan said:

He'll do a JJ, Deon Burton or recently Nuihu and go and bag some goals for a new contract.. then return to pap.

Just now, Andrew6666 said:

Nuhiu

Nuhui put in a shift , worked for the team and scored some important goals. 

He had qualities that Rhodes simply doesn't posses, and all our managers that had both players in their squads knew it, which is why Nuhui played and Rhodes didn't.

Yeah, Atdhe divided opinions, but quite frankly you can't argue that he was a better servant for this club that Rhodes has been .

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Tea Baggins said:

He'll do a JJ, Deon Burton or recently Nuihu and go and bag some goals for a new contract.. then return to pap.

Jordan Rhodes would have to bag at least 20 goals between now and end of season for Wednesday to even consider offering him new terms.
Even then with much reduced which footballers egos will very rarely let them accept.

Keep reading on here what a nice bloke he is but I don't get impression he is working his nuts off trying to prove his worth.
Just looks like he is going through the motions when ever I have seen him play for us.

Edited by matthefish2002
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, matthefish2002 said:

Jordan Rhodes would have to bag at least 20 goals between now and end of season for Wednesday to even consider offering him new terms.
Even then but much reduced which footballers egos will very rarely let them accept.

Keep reading on here what a nice bloke he is but I don't get impression he is working his nuts off trying to prove his worth.
Just looks like he is going through the motions when ever I have seen him play for us.

His physique hasn't improved IMO.

If I was a professional footballer trying to prolong my career and look to get into my mid 30's, I would be training my nuts off and looking to shred fat and get lean as possible to give me an edge.

He looks sluggish, weak and chubby.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

That is exactly my impression, but apparently he is not just a nice bloke, but is actually the nicest bloke in football. 

I'll trust the judgement of the managers and coaches who see him in training, and believe he often doesn't do enough to even get on the bench.

I'm pretty sure, despite his lack of goals or even goal scoring opportunities, if he was working hard and was in the best condition he could be, he would have been given a lot more game time over the years.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Woodie said:

I will never forgive Rhodes for being too scared to take a penalty.

I know what you mean, but the last thing you need is a scared or un confident player taking a penalty. I'd rather have a defender who has never taken one is life but is confident and positive. 

I wonder though, if that set the tone for his time here? did that affect his mental health going forward? did he receive some negativity in training from his team mates and coaches? it might have set in motion the course of his time here.

Very unusual for a forward to not to want to take a penalty. I don't know if he had missed a vital one before? 

There is absolutely no comparison between Adthe Nuhiu and Jordan Rhodes.

Nuhiu is our second highest scorer since David Hirst, despite not being a regular starter for much of his time here.  He dug in and worked like a trojan in the two seasons we were threatened with relegation from this league - first under Gray when he took over from Jones after an awful first half of the season, and second under Jos.  There were times under Gray he could barely walk off the pitch after running himself ragged for 70 minutes.

Not once has Jordan Rhodes come off the bench and made the slightest difference to any match.  

• Haha 2