How Do We Solve Our Goal Scoring Crisis

2 hours ago, 0114 said:

Rhodes will be used under Pulis.

He’s strangely a threat in the air for a player that you could never use as a target man. Plenty of his goals have come from set pieces, which Pulis is really going to utilise.

How many Years you going back?

5 hours ago, parajack said:

You must be a legend in your own living room mate,if you imagine that poor piece of sarcasm is impressing anyone but yourself.With no Board of Directors to answer to, (or appeal to)no spectators to vent their disapproval or anger, there is little left to any Wednesday supporter to register their discontent,than at the 'paydesk'  (Ifollow or matchday/season ticket)

You are factually wrong by the way,if we look at similar unhappy situation's(Charlton being the one that springs to mind) it wasn't until organised fan protests evidenced by record low season ticket sales,was anything done to alleviate the alleged woefull goings on there.

https://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/17476884.charlton-fans-urged-boycott-season-tickets-card/

I dont say my 'protest' will change or achieve anything other than making me feel better...(no bad thing,in these times.)

.I have simply had enough of seeing people take alleged millions out of this Club,whilst not in my opinion delivering on the pitch...

Thus they will not see one penny from me until things change.I will continue to support my Club,watching when i can(pubs when they open) or via Local Radio.

At least by the way,i am taking my own stance,little point in shelling out money,to than come on here and bemoan eh?...

perhaps if more people (many have said similar,but we will see) did as i am,the  'sleeping giant' might take a bit more notice?..instead of paying out season after season to watch what many describe as ****

Think that's him back in his box !!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, parajack said:

JR as a lone striker is a disaster in the making,not pacey in my view,not commanding,and ineffective in that role....what possible reason could there be for such?

Windass would be my choice if he goes for one up front,though that wouldnt be ideal either...442 for me..Windass & Marriot or Windass & Katchunga  Reach on the left,Harris on the right

I would prefer Rhodes in a front two, but I wonder if Pulis has looked at our “strikers” for a few days and concluded Blimey, we need to be rock solid everywhere else and nick a goal. That leaves Rhodes.

But that’s why I’m so looking forward to Saturday. None of us have a clue what Pulis will have come up with this week. 

11 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

I would prefer Rhodes in a front two, but I wonder if Pulis has looked at our “strikers” for a few days and concluded Blimey, we need to be rock solid everywhere else and nick a goal. That leaves Rhodes.

But that’s why I’m so looking forward to Saturday. None of us have a clue what Pulis will have come up with this week. 

How will we nick a goal with Rhodes though? unless he falls down for a penalty? Rhodes not suitable for lone striker role in my view,and too many draws are going to relegate us...

53 minutes ago, parajack said:

How will we nick a goal with Rhodes though? unless he falls down for a penalty? Rhodes not suitable for lone striker role in my view,and too many draws are going to relegate us...

Rhodes was superb the last time we played him as a line striker. Man of the match and scored the winner. He also is good in the air.

1 minute ago, Emilianenko said:

Rhodes was superb the last time we played him as a line striker. Man of the match and scored the winner. He also is good in the air.

He wasnt playing as a lone striker though was he? and one match is a snapshot in time....do you think he would thrive in a Pulis formation? (we dont know yet of course if he will do that,might surprise us all 442)

4 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Sneaking feeling you are right.

Marriott is carp and the other three aren’t strikers.

I’d be very tempted to try Rhodes-Windass but I’d totally understand if Pulis decides he’s only got one proper striker. Fortunately Rhodes’ injury records is spotless. Hope that’s still the case at S6 and at 30+.

Unless Pulis can bring in a out of contract target man before the next transfer window, my thinking is that he'll have to alternate between 3-4-2-1 and 4-2-3-1. With Windass or Rhodes leading the line, Paterson's more of a midfielder, as is Kachunga and Marriott showed at Derby that he can't lead the line on his own. I think we'll have to rely on our defensive solidity, Luongo's sitting in front of the defence to allow our midfielders to support whoever leads the line, until we can get a striker or two in that actually suit playing for Pulis. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, parajack said:

JR as a lone striker is a disaster in the making,not pacey in my view,not commanding,and ineffective in that role....what possible reason could there be for such?

Windass would be my choice if he goes for one up front,though that wouldnt be ideal either...442 for me..Windass & Marriot or Windass & Katchunga  Reach on the left,Harris on the right

Agree, Rhodes should play, hopefully he’ll finally get a good run.

8 hours ago, Emilianenko said:

Put the ball in the box regularly and it will be no surprise when Rhodes starts banging them in.

I would be suprised. He has hardly ever looked like scoring in his time here. Sadly he is a shadow of what he once was. This second coming is repeated week on week on here but never happens.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, the monk said:

Are you seriously saying that they can just turn it on like a tap to get a contract ?

They are that good they can just start scoring for fun ?

"Ooh I could net this but I've got 2 years left so I'll scoop it over the bar "

"Why would I want to keep banging in goals in front of a packed kop "

Yes I’m 100% serious actually I’m going as far as saying this is fact 

and I’ll stand by my point I’m saying I honestly believe that 30 year old Rhodes will be offered a 7 year contract when it happens too FACT! 

2 hours ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Sadly have to agree has been a goal threat in about 5 games in his total Owls career. Was out of the Boro side when we signed him and his career has been in decline ever since.

Pretty much how i see it myself,i just dont see how we can place our goal scoring 'threat' on JR....such a gamble,if it went wrong would in all probability see us lose games.....unless TP can turn around the defence,in which case we might pick up points through drawn games,but will that be enough?

Is TP likley to set up a team that all agree would be needed for JR to have a chance(to be fair to him) to score?....

We will know soon enough