How Do We Solve Our Goal Scoring Crisis

31 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Why?

Windass 1 goal 800 mins

Rhodes  1 goal 180 mins (4 in last 800)

I don't think any of our strikers would have excelled in our team so far this season, to be honest.

Rhodes' statistics probably benefit from him having played so little. If he'd played as much as Windass, I can't imagine he'd have notched many more goals, given the paucity of chances we create and the fact that he's hardly the type of forward who creates chances for himself. It's not as if our forwards have been missing loads of great chances, is it?

If we look at last season, Windass played fewer minutes than Rhodes but scored the same number of goals...

Windass: 468 minutes - 3 goals - 156 minutes per goal

Rhodes: 684 minutes - 3 goals - 228 minutes per goal

That Windass' goalscoring has disappeared over a cliff so far this season probably has more to do with the chances we (don't) create for our forwards than his finishing. 

Hopefully Pulis is able to get the whole team functioning as a more effective attacking unit and we start to see all our forwards start to get regular chances to score.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

That Windass' goalscoring has disappeared over a cliff so far this season probably has more to do with the chances we (don't) creat

Yep

Made my mind up, think he will go with Rhodes, Windass and Bannan playing further forward, and back Bannan to score. (Always a chance of a pèn as well)

Have a feeling he will give it a try.

Prob wait for team news before parting with any dosh though.🙂