TONY PULIS - PRESS CONFERENCE THREAD

Good press conference that in terms of it ticking all the boxes, mentioning all the things you could mention to sell yourself to a football clubs fans etc

Of course it's results that matter now so let's see what he can do on the pitch!

I feel he was less 'clammed up' than Monk (or Jos before him)

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It’ll be a massive disappointment for me that the fans won’t be there.

The club’s supporters are out of this world, they’re fantastic.

Whenever I’ve played against them there’s always been a massive travelling support.

Lucky for him they’re not. 

7 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

True story - Sam Ellis was my dad's nickname at school (he is actually called Steve Ellis)

Also we often received phone calls from Wednesday, because my Dad has the same name as the club photographer at the time

What a funny story...I wonder who got the power pack..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Tony Pulis on Barry Bannan. "Over the past three or four years he's been one of the best players in the Championship, with the way he dictates and controls games."

"The other players look up t him."

I think Bannan will be playing. Pulis won't drop him when we are in such a precarious situation and have no back ups. Maybe long term he doesn't want that sort of player but short term I think he'll butter him up and try and make him the main man. Then probably dump him off at the end of the year when his contract runs out. Seems to be what most managers do, and quite often they do it in a really cold and clinical way. 

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:I have got a lot of friends who are Sheffield Wednesday supporters.

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Pulis: "The fella across the road has done an incredible job. He's a good friend of mine.”

I always suspected it. The obsession with us.

Wilder is an Owl. Quick, get it circulated on twatter.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, TheEnchanter said:

I think Bannan will be playing. Pulis won't drop him when we are in such a precarious situation and have no back ups. Maybe long term he doesn't want that sort of player but short term I think he'll butter him up and try and make him the main man. Then probably dump him off at the end of the year when his contract runs out. Seems to be what most managers do, and quite often they do it in a really cold and clinical way. 

Im confident Bannan will sign a new contract. It massively suits both parties.

16 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

"We played a certain way at Stoke because it suited the players we had. I'll find the best style of football that suits the players we have."

It will be interesting to see how this one pans out.

He has always appeared to play the same way at whichever club he has been at. Even when he had players at his disposal that you could argue would have benefitted from a different system.

We probably dont have the perssonel at the moment to suit his typical style so it will be good to see if he genuinely does go in a different direction.

• Like 1