TONY PULIS - PRESS CONFERENCE THREAD

On Home Form: 

It’s very surprising because I always found Hillsborough a different place to play.

We need to turn it around and make it a positive place for everyone. Obviously without the supporters it’s difficult.

I always felt the fans in the Kop would suck balls in at times. Hopefully after Christmas when the lockdown opens up the government will look at letting people back into stadiums.

• Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

You want to point the club in the right direction and give them a platform to build on.

I’d love to take the club into the Premier League, that would be my dream.

It’d be up there with all my biggest achievements because of the size and the potential if the club.

I had Sunday lunch with my family and we were saying if the club took off we’d have 40,000 people in. But saying it and doing it are two different things.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

My first manager always used to tell me about Sheffield Wednesday.

I’ve know Gary Megson since he was a young lad and there’s no bigger fan than him. And then there’s Sam Ellis.

Everyone tells you what a big club it is and how committed the supporters are. You don’t get offered a job like this very often. It’ll be a challenge but hopefully we’ll get a positive outcome.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

14 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

He's just come and said everything that fans want to hear. Which I think is a disgrace. He clearly knew what fans wanted to hear and played up to it. Very disappointing interview. In fact, he's literally just tried to get the fans on his side. Pulis propaganda. Disappointing. 

Please , Please, Please Tony. Tell us things we don't want to hear lol 

• Love 1
  • Haha 3

When did Pulis get the call?

It was three or four days after Garry left. It came from someone from outside who wasn’t the chairman asking if I was interested in speaking to the chairman.

It didn’t suit me last year and I don’t think it suited the chairman at the time. I’d just come out of Boro and after those 18 months that was me finished. People don’t know what me and Steve [Gibson] had agreed at the time - we agreed an 18 month contract and it was a long way from my family which was difficult. It’s been a good break for me and it’s refreshed me.

I’ve had other offers but I won’t tell you who those were from as it wouldn’t be fair to them.

• Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Pulis on the size of the challenge. "If I could get the club into the Premier League and play Sheffield United in a derby in front of a full house at Hillsborough, that would be my dream."

playing em in't dream, smashing the scrubbers is the dream!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

8 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

It will be interesting to see how this one pans out.

He has always appeared to play the same way at whichever club he has been at. Even when he had players at his disposal that you could argue would have benefitted from a different system.

We probably dont have the perssonel at the moment to suit his typical style so it will be good to see if he genuinely does go in a different direction.

He used to play 4 at the back, 4-4-2 or 4-1-4-1 but in his last job I think he played 3-4-2-1. Like he said, Pulis will probably play what he thinks best suits our current players, until he can bring some of his own players in. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Pulis on the size of the challenge. "If I could get the club into the Premier League and play Sheffield United in a derby in front of a full house at Hillsborough, that would be my dream."

My dream would be us beating Liverpool at home in the premier league with United in the National league!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It’s a club with great potential. I have got a lot of friends who are #SWFC supporters. "The opportunity to manage here is a privilege and honour. I will really work my socks off to try and be successful."

They know, the older boys, they know where they've arrived. Our name has gravitas despite lean times, shyte league position etc. TP knows.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

TP: Barry over the past 3/4 years has been one of the Championship's stand-out players. He dictates and controls games and I have a lot of time for him. You look at players here, they look up to him. He has their respect and that's because of how he plays football

I told you we were a team of midgets.

• Haha 2