TONY PULIS - PRESS CONFERENCE THREAD

BRINGING IN STAFF: 

We’ll have a look after the next couple of days and see what we can and can’t do but we’ll definitely bring in staff.

Unfortunately a lot of my staff are older than me and they’re in wheelchairs or using walking sticks!

But no, I’ve always wanted experience around me and people who will challenge me. Coaching is a massive cross-section of opinion and it’s nice to have people questioning what you’re doing and how you do things.

I was one of the youngest people ever to get my coaching badges and was always questioning my managers! I think it’s healthy.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 5

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

BRINGING IN STAFF: 

We’ll have a look after the next couple of days and see what we can and can’t do but we’ll definitely bring in staff.

Unfortunately a lot of my staff are older than me and they’re in wheelchairs or using walking sticks!

But no, I’ve always wanted experience around me and people who will challenge me. Coaching is a massive cross-section of opinion and it’s nice to have people questioning what you’re doing and how you do things.

I was one of the youngest people ever to get my coaching badges and was always questioning my managers! I think it’s healthy.

Alan Irvine’s got nowt on TP wi t’coaching badges😆

• Haha 1

Guest Grandad
3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I always like to bring one young coach with me and someone who knows the best players in the academy. The link between the academy and the first team is really important. I like to have a mixture of people around me .

Thats Bullen back with the first team then

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I always like to bring one young coach with me and someone who knows the best players in the academy. The link between the academy and the first team is really important. I like to have a mixture of people around me .

The academy - don’t  show him the league table ffs!!!

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

When did Pulis get the call?

It was three or four days after Garry left. It came from someone from outside who wasn’t the chairman asking if I was interested in speaking to the chairman.

It didn’t suit me last year and I don’t think it suited the chairman at the time. I’d just come out of Boro and after those 18 months that was me finished. People don’t know what me and Steve [Gibson] had agreed at the time - we agreed an 18 month contract and it was a long way from my family which was difficult. It’s been a good break for me and it’s refreshed me.

I’ve had other offers but I won’t tell you who those were from as it wouldn’t be fair to them.

Thanks for that Howard, pointing us in the right direction.

Edited by nevthelodgemoorowl
  • Love 1