Ryan Shotton

Makes sense to me.

He’ll accept a short-term contract, so needs to prove himself before the Jan window ends.

We’ve 4 fit CB - Lees, Iorfa, Borner, Van Aken. We will play at least 3 CBs, possibly 4. Makes total sense to have a 5th fit CB in the squad. 

As Flint and Dunkley become available it adds massive competition.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Makes sense to me.

He’ll accept a short-term contract, so needs to prove himself before the Jan window ends.

We’ve 4 fit CB - Lees, Iorfa, Borner, Van Aken. We will play at least 3 CBs, possibly 4. Makes total sense to have a 5th fit CB in the squad. 

As Flint and Dunkley become available it adds massive competition.

Possibly 6 depending on the opposition. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, legendaryswan said:

OMG.....another old clogger CB just what we need,what about young Brennan? Whats the formation gunna be 8 2 1

In fairness when Glen Loovens left the club, we soon realised that Tom Lees is half the player when he hasn’t got an experienced centre half next to him telling him what to do.

In recent seasons we’ve signed Glen Loovens, Roger Johnson, Micheal Johnson, Anthony Gardener and Oguchi Onyewu, demonstrating that an experienced head at the back can be a good thing.

This season there have been games where we’ve had to play Moses Odubajo, Liam Palmer and Joost Van Aken at Centre half. Flint is going to be out for a while and who knows when we’ll see Dunkley in a Wednesday shirt.

As such, over the short term this could be a transfer that makes a lot of sense.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Sheffield Wednesday manager Tony Pulis could make former Stoke City and Middlesbrough defender Ryan Shotton his first signing as manager.

The 32-year-old also had a brief stints at Wigan Athletic and Derby County, and spent little over a season at Birmingham City too.

He was released by Boro last summer though and now a free agent, he’s dropped a massive hint that he’d be up for linking up with Pulis at Wednesday.

He told Stoke Sentinel:

“I can still be at Championship level. The January window will get things moving before Christmas and, as fixtures come so quickly, clubs are going to need an injection of players.

“For what Tony Pulis has done for my career I will never say a bad word about him. If you do what he asks, you get rewarded and stay in his team. I’m sure he knows I’m available, I’m just not sure I’m a winger anymore!”

It says on his wiki "Shotton plays as a right back and due to his 6 ft 3 in (1.91 m) frame he can also be used as a makeshift center forward. He also as the ability to perform a long throw-in similar to that of Rory Delap. Tony Pulis also played Shotton at right wing on a number of  occasions." https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Shotton So if we do sign him, it will probably be for RB/RWB.

1 hour ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Can he play up front ?

17 minutes ago, Incognito Owl said:

It says on his wiki "Shotton plays as a right back and due to his 6 ft 3 in (1.91 m) frame he can also be used as a makeshift center forward. He also as the ability to perform a long throw-in similar to that of Rory Delap. Tony Pulis also played Shotton at right wing on a number of  occasions." https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Shotton So if we do sign him, it will probably be for RB/RWB.

21 minutes ago, Incognito Owl said:

He can also play CB like people have said.

2 hours ago, George said:

Is he Malcolm's lad?

(Ex Barnsley & Oxford Utd for the under 40s)

And does he have a massive throw?

29 minutes ago, Incognito Owl said:

• Thanks 1