England men's fixtures omdt.

Hahahahahaha Wales take that 

Constantly putting England down, they're almost as bad as the Scots

Enjoy watching us on the tele won't ya hahahahaha

• Like 2

Foden was stand out for me. I thought Bellingham strolled around a bit but then did what great players do. Played ok but can’t take too much from that when probably 5 players who started would probably start in the Euros. Mainoo looks very good. Get Walker, Stones, Saka, Kane & Shaw in and we look a lot better. Centre back is definitely an issue though. 

• Like 1

Again very harsh comments I thought we where miles better than Belgium but missed numerous chances and then messed up twice for there goals.

Overall I'm not disappointed with those 2 games as both showed promise and I still say only France above us as favs for euros and then where in a group with Germany, Belgium, Portugal, Italy all with a chance.

2 more games then come on Germany.

7 hours ago, BIG D said:

Foden was stand out for me. I thought Bellingham strolled around a bit but then did what great players do. Played ok but can’t take too much from that when probably 5 players who started would probably start in the Euros. Mainoo looks very good. Get Walker, Stones, Saka, Kane & Shaw in and we look a lot better. Centre back is definitely an issue though. 

Our centre backs are the problem but even gomez (idk if hes rb or cb) could replace maguire or guehi when he comes back. Just a bit unfortunate some of our best were injured for these friendlies

12 hours ago, scram said:

Mainoo looks really promising

Seen him a couple of times live this season, he's so composed under pressure, makes everything look so easy. Looks like he's going to be a fabulous player.

9 hours ago, scram said:

I thought foden was his usual erratic England self tbh

Not clinical and indecisive when it mattered 

As I mentioned earlier, I thought Bowen was more effective,  had chances and created chances , but was a lot less ' showy' than Foden. 

Fodens twinkle toes and ghosting past players is not much use in this team if it doesn't lead to clear cut chances or a chance for himself.

He has scored 4 and assisted 8 in 32 appearances for England 

I'm not sure if they are the stats of a World Class international player, which is what he is being touted as. 

Man City Phil Foden would walk into any first 11 club side in the world,  but England are not Man City and I'm convinced we have got the best out of him yet. After 30 + appearances, that is a bit concerning, 

A few things to take away from the two games:

In midfield Mainoo showed he's the top level footballer that Gallagher just will never be. Gallagher can press and run around but doesn't have the technique to keep the ball and his passing is woeful. Mainoo has everything needed to play alongside Rice in that midfield. Maddison also looked like he should be right on the brink of the first team, he has so much quality.

Toney looks a better option to Watkins in how we set up. Watkins has a great set up for how he wants to play at Villa but this England team dont play that way. 

We need Luke Shaw to get fit desperately. 

Maguire is dreadful but Dunk looked worse. Why he didn't play Branthwaite in either game is baffling. Hopefully Colwill and Guehi get fit in time for the summer. Gomez will likely be in the squad to cover all three positions.

• Like 2

I really like Bowen.

Like an old school player. 

Not going to make any grand statements about what his role is or how much he should or shouldn't be playing, but I like the guy. And if we're in a situation in a tournament where Bellingham/Foden/Saka isn't working, for me Bowen is the next man up to try and change it.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

I really like Bowen.

Like an old school player. 

Not going to make any grand statements about what his role is or how much he should or shouldn't be playing, but I like the guy. And if we're in a situation in a tournament where Bellingham/Foden/Saka isn't working, for me Bowen is the next man up to try and change it.

I think Bowen should start. 

I think he offers a more consistent option, to balance a more talented but unpredictable player on the other side of Kane ( Foden, Saka, Rashford, etc) 

He also looks to be more of a goal threat? 

Although he didn't dribble round players, show great touches etc, he scored a goal that was marginally offside, and had another good couple of attempts. 

Something I've noticed. England's group games are all in the Rhineland and then Stuttgart. If we go as expected, we will continue to play in the Rhineland before the final in Berlin.

Yet, our training base is near Leipzig in the East of Germany. Isn't that a lot of pointless travel?

45 minutes ago, SnowyOwl13 said:

Something I've noticed. England's group games are all in the Rhineland and then Stuttgart. If we go as expected, we will continue to play in the Rhineland before the final in Berlin.

Yet, our training base is near Leipzig in the East of Germany. Isn't that a lot of pointless travel?

I imagine they had to book it way ahead of when they knew the draw for the group stage?

3 hours ago, Bannofan said:

I think Bowen should start. 

I think he offers a more consistent option, to balance a more talented but unpredictable player on the other side of Kane ( Foden, Saka, Rashford, etc) 

He also looks to be more of a goal threat? 

Although he didn't dribble round players, show great touches etc, he scored a goal that was marginally offside, and had another good couple of attempts. 

Agreed about Bowen - though he ran out of legs as the game wore on. Though understandably 

For the same of blood preside issues those that really rate Foden shouldnt read on.

I'd play Bowen ahead of Foden - the only proviso being that between him and Saka they can cover off the left side as both favour the right

We've had some excellent players in the past and either wasted them (Scholes) or had blind faith they'd reproduce their club form even though they rarely, if ever, did (Gerrard)

Let's hope Foden isn't another

It would be a mistake not to play Foden and one Southgate surely won't make. Yes he wasn't clinical or as good as he can be in this round of fixtures but his technique, passing and movement all over the midfield and wide areas is superior to the likes of Bowen. He can really move the opposition around and scare them. He links up well with Bellingham and with Kane uptop the whole team is more productive. 

The problem with Scholes, Lampard and Gerrard was that they more or less played the same role so Scholes usually got shoved out of position. Surely it can’t be beyond Southgate to get Foden, Saka, Rice, Kane, Bellingham and even Mainoo into the starting line up (Southgate might think it’s early for Mainoo but I’d like to see him go) Bowen is a very good Premier League player but he could even get left out of the squad we’re that blessed up top. I’d take him before Gallagher although Gordon and especially Palmer could be in with a shout. I don’t understand why Palmer didn’t get a run out.