England men's fixtures omdt.

I'm concerned with the defence. We've got the likes of Tomori, Guehi, White etc who are better options than the few he's been picking fot these friendlies. We have no stability in the left back position either. An average keeper like Pickford will make mistakes behind an unsettled, unsure, inconsistent defence. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

This Belgium side is so bang average, same as the Brazil side we faced the other day. 

Aye, this Belgium side is defo a world away from their golden generation of a few years ago. Wouldn't call the Brazil side average tho, they still have some brilliant players, they're just not as good as former Brazil teams. But some of the past Brazil teams were somewhat special. 

So, these friendlies could have an impact on the title race.

White declines the call up and Saka withdraws 'injured'. 

Walker and Stones play, both go off injured.

Pep is not going to be happy. 

• Like 1

Chillwell, Dunk, Maguire all not good enough for us to be winning tournaments. He needs to be on the phone sharpish to players such as white and begging him to play. Stupid thing is it's too late now for this summer.

Manoo a real highlight along with Bowen, Bellingham and Foden when we have the ball. Toney done well too

• Like 1

Also, sorry this is Pickford again..

Was he struggling with hair product runnng into his eyes? He seemed to be struggling with the rain more than others.

Sounds daft typing that out actually. 

1 minute ago, Wednesdayitewastaken said:

Watched the first half an hour until my stream cut off right before there goal and we looked decent. Not like the England on Brazil; a bit better. Mainoo looked class as well. Our defence is really what needs working on

Looking like Mainoo is going to get into the euro squad, he's done well, fair play to the lad 

5 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

I'm concerned with the defence. We've got the likes of Tomori, Guehi, White etc who are better options than the few he's been picking fot these friendlies. We have no stability in the left back position either. An average keeper like Pickford will make mistakes behind an unsettled, unsure, inconsistent defence. 

Guehi is injured, White refuses to play and Tomori is just making his way back from a serious injury.

Apart from that.......

Just now, Nero said:

Guehi is injured, White refuses to play and Tomori is just making his way back from a serious injury.

Apart from that.......

The thing is they weren't picked beforehand either. He's insisted on playing Maguire, Henderson, etc and not experimented when he had the chance. Now we've ran out of games to even test them properly.

I don't get the Tomori omission 134 appearances for AC Milan in just over 3 years and won Serie A in his first full season.

A defender playing for AC Milan has to be better than one playing for Brighton.

• Like 2

Where were the England players showing the desire to get back and defend on that second goal?

it looked like teilemans played the ball through for likely to chase and then got on the end of it with no-one tracking back. 

1 minute ago, Eastern said:

Why is Dunk picked for England?

I suppose because Walker James Trippier Stones McGuire Guehi Tomori White Shaw etc aren't available.

And to be fair he's an honest Premier level defender. 

Hopefully this is a wobble we’re just getting out of our system - but this game and the last one, how we’ve conceded goals tells me we’re going out of the Euro’s. 

There’s some deficiencies in this team that I don’t think we can fix.  

Possibly our most aggressive/up for it player isn’t playing in the Prem either - which is meant to be the most intense.