OFFICIAL - TONY PULIS APPOINTED SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY MANAGER

I'm not anti-Pulis in much the same manner I wasn't anti Monk. Time will tell but based on Pulis' previous appointments I'm hoping he will achieve the same win % 

However there is a part of me that thinks the budget used to get rid of Monk and ALL his coaching staff and the amount spent to bring Pulis in could have been better spent on a striker before the window closed

Edited by Chris Apolon

Many are hacked off, many feel indifferent and a few are happy with Pulis’s appointment but the fact is that he’s here now. We haven’t seen any games yet so we cannot yet write him off. Like it or not, we have to give him a chance because he is our teams manager and we want our team to prosper. 

I, for one, am going to try to reserve judgement until he’s had a realistic chance of changing things - doing otherwise is just a futile exercise. 

Edited by shandypants
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Did you enjoy it more when Woodgate was there.? 

Not being funny or anything. But you were flirting with relegation. did you just think i am glad Tony has gone.

Not particularly. I was pleased when Pulis left but expected a better appointment than Woodgate.

I think expectation played a big part.

Pulis was very experienced, knowledgeable, had good contacts at other clubs (for buying / loaning players), had achieved some decent success as a manager and had a playing squad more than capable of comfortably making the top 6. 

Woodgate had never managed before, talked a good game but was unrealistic, had never been involved in transfers, had had no success and the squad was weaker than what Pulis had and Woodgate had a cost-cutting agenda.

• Thanks 1

Life lands a crushing blow

And, once again, a heart is broken;

And, as history repeats itself,

These few words are, sadly, spoken:

"I've passed this way before -

And I've felt this pain before"

(Jimmy Ruffin)

I think that sums up your sentiments 🤣 (mine, too, actually, after all these years!)

Let's not be quick to judgment, eh?

1 hour ago, Growl67 said:

Well we know now that Paul Cook was never in the running. He’s just been on Sky Sports and confirmed he wasn’t contacted by the club. He did genuinely seem disappointed.

In spite of my support for Pulis, as we were 2-3 years ago then I think Cook would have been a great appointment.

Too much quality/firepower to go down and so breathing space for him to shape us as he would have liked.

But in this mess it's just too risky.

We've spent over £100 million, the fans have been beggared, and we just cannot afford to go back down to the Third.

Once you're down, you never know when you're coming back.

Relegation on the back of all that investment would be an all-time low, even for us.

Like Pulis or not, the overwhelming odds are that we'll still be a Championship club at the end of the season - and that's all that matters.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest LondonOwl313
3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Derby just sacked their manager. Be interesting who they are able to attract. 

Would laugh if it’s Monk