WEDNESDAY Vs BOURNEMOUTH (omdt)

3 minutes ago, Nero said:

Would have loved to have been there tonight.

Crap ref. Nasty niggly diving opponents wi some big time charlies. Beat them fair and square with a dodgy penalty and timewasting.

GERRIN YER FKKRS.

Back to NBT for a Plum Porter.....

There you go mate 

image.jpg

• Love 1

I said to my partner, it's the Wednesday way. We'll win tonight......but I never believed it.

For me, it's too little; too late. Tonight we had some good individual performances, but this season they have too often been lacking. Harris for once showed some fight - then too much fight, but I guess something has been said to him to get him to play more like the player we know he can be.

Bannan, closer to the player we know. Windass run tirelessly and Kachunga, for a small player by today's standards, certainly knows how to win his headers. Not always perfect, but an awkward player to defend against. Börner was solid although there were individual mistakes, Irofa, a little bit clumsy and Palmer and Odabaju decent. Even Reach had a good game by recent standards, but way below what he can do.

It was better and I think we deserved the 3 points. Bournemouth offered little apart from what we gave them.

I'm still totally unconvinced by Monk however. I gave him the start of the new season, but he has a very long way to go to win me around - assuming he is even given the chance.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Nero said:

Would have loved to have been there tonight.

Crap ref. Nasty niggly diving opponents wi some big time charlies. Beat them fair and square with a dodgy penalty and timewasting.

GERRIN YER FKKRS.

Back to NBT for a Plum Porter.....

Have a Plum Porter for me, not had a pint if that since Birmingham away game 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

a win is a win but still a lot to be concerned about:-

not making chances in open play

number of red cards

number of silly fouls given away through frantic defending

number of easy passes where ball is given away putting us under pressure

still a wins a win thank you and goodnight or is it goodbye Monk

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

If only we could draft in Sam Ellis just for that single diving header that put Bournemouth through to the next round of the league cup.

Sam did that then, maybe he could do it again, just the once !

The only crumb of comfort is the dark side and their single point. 

Will we have any fit returnees ? Will Saturdays returnees have broken down again. The most important point, Can we fluke a win lol 

FAIR OR FOUL WIN BY ANY MEANS, APOLOGISE LATER !

UTO & DTB WAWAW SO COME ON OWLS SCRAG EM ! 

Got it right then but little Bazza with a pen, when I predicted a Sam Ellis diving header !

1 hour ago, theowlsman said:

Lose against Luton, Rotherham and Wycombe. Play the only undefeated side left in English football and we win.

This team. Never dull watching Wednesday.

Well done Wednesday, well done Monk.

Being chased by a Lion is probably not dull either, but don’t fancy it much.. It would be nice to have a relaxing 4-0 win once every so often. 😄

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, Incognito Owl said:

Thanks Snoots, that's the best one in the last 3/4. I loved what Jos did too. Looking back on him, I wanted him gone at the end, but I had more patience with him than monk. I have a soft sport for him weirdly. I will always remember that picture of him at the train station sat with his drink after he got sacked. I'm sure someone could kindly post it. Now this is even weirder, Jos was in one of my dreams last night haha let the jokes commence. Maybe it's a sign that monk may go mental and get sacked? I'm going for 0-4 Bournemouth, with a red card and penalty.  

lolWTF:Monkmanface:duntmatter:

Well I got the red card bit right, maybe I meant 4 red cards haha. Glad to see us finally win and get 3 points anyway, since I've joined up on here all it's been is loses. I don't think my opinion on monk has/will change though.

20 hours ago, A12owl said:

It looked like he took Windass out. 

Seeing it back it did look like the keeper caught Windass first but the defender finished the job off when Windass was still on his feet. 

Not too concerned either way as the outcome of the penalty was correct and we got the result. 

18 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

What is wierd is betting against your own club giving yourself a two goal deficit to make up then being bitter because your club did you out of a very healthy looking 10/1 bet. So pleased you dipped out. Congratulations !

Now you’re making stuff up, I think you need help.