Comedy Gold

4 minutes ago, toooldforthis said:

It is though...

Remember Saxon attempt at the world record air guitar in 2007 and about 3 fans did it and they just walked off half way through...better than the game...we lost 2-4

Owls fans see the funny side of everything cos we’ve seen it all before

This is true

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

12 hours ago, Blue and white said:

With all the doom and gloom around at the minute I thought everyone could do with some cheering up and what better way to do so than having a laugh at our illustrious owner Mr Dejphon Chansiri.

Remember when he first came to the club with the bould statement of promotion within 2 years, hmmm almost but no cigar.

Then there was the old chestnut, back me by paying extortionate season ticket prices and I will keep putting money in to the club and provide top signings, hmmmm along comes George Boyd on a free and we were already under a transfer embargo.... Cheeky.

Then there is my all time favorite, the informous fans forum which provided not one, not two but three pieces of utter comedy genius.

The first being "if anyone thinks Sheffield United is a better club and has better players than us then they don't know football" this from a man who by his own admission knows nothing about football....look how that one ended.

The second was just as good, "I will leave the club if I'm not wanted", you haven't been wanted for around 2 years but still here you are.

The last one which is a favorite of mine, " There are parties interested in buying Sheffield Wednesday and I have turned down bids of over £100m", how i nearly wet myself.

There are countless more, 150th anniversary and the cakeball fiasco, numerous shambolic attempts at getting our DIY Del Boy Kits out 2 weeks after the season has started.

I'm not even touched upon the childish attempted ground sale that has tarnished our once proud club.

Oh I could go on and on but I hope these little ditties have helped cheer you up.

As for you Dejphon, once your sorry time has come to an end perhaps you should give business a miss and start a career in stand up.

And if he left?

A City with one club?

Be careful what you wish for.

4 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

That was an excruciatingly embarrassing attempt at sarcasm.....it was like watching Richard Digence when he froze on Sunday Night at the Palladium...

I liked Richard Digance- he was doing the poem about the magician as I recall.

” he said “ I’ll produce a rabbit from out of this hat”

and out it came, grabbed by the throat!

But the audience was more keen to see what he’d do

with the wellington boots and the goat!

Everyone laughed and he forgot the rest of it!

11 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

LOL but you will say that when we get the next manager in when he comes to a bad patch, and then the next one, on and on and on it goes. 

Bad patch fo.ok me , more like a bad year , remind me how many wins has he had in 2020 ? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Oh there's never any winners to a 'careful what you wish for post' my friend

We all end up losing after reading that.

Au contraire! The grass is rarely greener on the other side. There’s always an argument for the status quo. 

15 hours ago, scram said:

Genuine adidas stuff is ok

No serious outdoors person would ever wear even their high end gear it because it's tripe compared to serious outdoor brands such as Berghaus, Rab etc

But the generic stuff pumped out to football clubs is complete rubbish

If you have had to endure it for a few years i'll be glad to hear your experience of it

I've given mine

i've had more waterproof asda tee shirts than the supposed "wet jacket" from adidias

It was humungously bad

i dont think of Adidas as 'serious' outdoor clothing either. I think of Adidas as quality leisure wear , on a football pitch in a gym or as street wear its pretty good stuff.

Out on the fells no way and with fairness to Adidas I dont think they target that market.

I have just realised that my original Goretex berghaus jacket is over 25 years old and still going strong. ( Colour Wednesday Royal Blue lol

The beautiful game was lost when it became possible for one person to 'own' a football club.

They should be fan-led, democratically run, community assets.

Instead they're businesses, where the fans no longer get a say.

We can protest and stamp our feet all we want - it doesn't make any difference.

There isn't a single thing that any of the 50,000+ Wednesdayites can do to turn our fortunes around.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Royal_D said:

DIY Del Boy kits 😅

Stick a Nike badge on it and everyone be frothing at gob, pathetic , kits are far better quality than any turd the mainstreams turn out

Never bought a kids kit then. They are market stall garbage. 

I do agree though that the adult shirts are nice quality

5 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

The beautiful game was lost when it became possible for one person to 'own' a football club.

There isn't a single thing that any of the 50,000+ Wednesdayites can do to turn our fortunes around.

Spot on mate. We are just the money machine they know are reliable because OUR club is our way of life and they know the vast majority of us can't walk away.

21 hours ago, Royal_D said:

DIY Del Boy kits 😅

Stick a Nike badge on it and everyone be frothing at gob, pathetic , kits are far better quality than any turd the mainstreams turn out

Stick a Nike badge on the pocket

Ill fetch the suitcase from the van

Cos if you want the best uns  but you don’t ask questions then Chansiri is your man

Where it all comes from is a mystery

Its like Elevate and D-Taxis

DC and Monk are driving us beserk

They don’t seem to be able to get our Club to work

Da, da, da, dah da, da, da, da, da dah............

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KivoOwl said:

Well if the 30,000 plus Wednesday fans who don’t ever go to matches decided to go it’d have made a difference...

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Owling with laughter said:

Well if the 30,000 plus Wednesday fans who don’t ever go to matches decided to go it’d have made a difference...

Maybe they'd love to but can't afford it anymore

Anyway - nobody can talk loyalty like that when season ticket holders haven't been going, and for cup games even the Uberfans don't turn up

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Sick of the DC out brigade, it’s not going to happen, we were lucky to get Milan when we were at our cheapest.

we were in danger of being wound  up and no one was interested, I’d love it if we had multiple options but the reality is we do not.

we have seriously got to hope DC is learning from the mistakes he has made and that in future he becomes the chairman we hoped he would be.

DC and Monk are doing a poor job at the moment but much worse is the keyboard warriors that abuse people online, debate is good but anything else is just another negative against our club

• Haha 1