Comedy Gold

1 minute ago, Owling Wolfe said:

As a club we are probably worth less than what Chansiri paid (circa £30m). Do you honestly thin that;

a) he would sell for that,

b) anybody would pay that without a ground.

and try not to throw the teddy out when answering.

lol

Jesus Christ...

One word - EBAY

Now go, sit down, and have a little think about that site, the sellers, the prices and how and why Ebay exists

It might click

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, Owling Wolfe said:

and try not to throw the teddy out when answering.

Then the very next post from him.......

2 minutes ago, Owling Wolfe said:

So ratherbthan discuss you reaort to petty videos, and I thought this was a place for discussion and disagreeing. I will retract everything I typed and go with the flow. And I though facebook was pathetic.

lol

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

He won’t sell, because he’s too deep in and secondly there is no buyer.

he wouldn’t even get what he paid Milan for it.

milan was a very shrewd businessman and he bought us purely for financial gain, although he later admitted he’d made an error buying the club, he got lucky that a certain father who has more money than sense decided to buy a football club for his son.

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Oh dear.

You know what, I came back on here for some sanse after facebook, looks like I made a huge mistake, whats happened with you all of a sudden. It seems to take joy from winding up your customers. Is this the way it is now. 

Just now, thekimmyowl said:

He won’t sell, because he’s too deep in  

I guess it depends how much he wants to stick with it and pass the club onto Atti etc

Maybe he's spaffed 150 million, faced with lockdowns, no money coming in, millions going out, a total loss of control of anything happening football wise and wants out ASAP and will take whatever he's offered to get out of the place.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, Owling Wolfe said:

You know what, I came back on here for some sanse after facebook, looks like I made a huge mistake, whats happened with you all of a sudden. It seems to take joy from winding up your customers. Is this the way it is now. 

No mate - but you stormed on ranting on about how Chansiri would definitely not be able to sell up, or that nobody else would want to come and get all upset when I suggest that could just not be true

lol

Then you started ranting on about 'facebook'

If you want a grown up discussion let's have one

But a grown up discussion means you say what you think and I say what I think if I disagree, and then we debate it a bit.

Not start ranting about facebook and petty videos

Come on...  be reyt

It's not an echo chamber on here - views will get challenged (mine do every day - people even post funny videos when they reply to me which I enjoy as it lightens the mood and makes me laugh)

Owlstalk Shop

19 minutes ago, Owling Wolfe said:

So nobody then, tell me, what idiot would part with £100M to buy us at the moment. And if not £100M how much do you think DC would ask for the club and the ground. Dont get me wrong, I’m far from happy, but who in their right mind would pay that sort of money.

Chansiri wouldn't get anywhere near 100m for the club. As I see it, he either keeps on spaffing money down the drain because he is out of his depth and hasn't got a clue about football, or he takes a massive haircut and gets out. There are always people ready to buy up failing business's. Because that's exactly what we are, a failing business. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, S36 OWL said:

Chansiri wouldn't get anywhere near 100m for the club. As I see it, he either keeps on spaffing money down the drain because he is out of his depth and hasn't got a clue about football, or he takes a massive haircut and gets out. There are always people ready to buy up failing business's. Because that's exactly what we are, a failing business. 

Exactly

Milan Mandaric bought one once

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

No mate - but you stormed on ranting on about how Chansiri would definitely not be able to sell up, or that nobody else would want to come and get all upset when I suggest that could just not be true

lol

Then you started ranting on about 'facebook'

If you want a grown up discussion let's have one

But a grown up discussion means you say what you think and I say what I think if I disagree, and then we debate it a bit.

Not start ranting about facebook and petty videos

Come on...  be reyt

It's not an echo chamber on here - views will get challenged (mine do every day - people even post funny videos when they reply to me which I enjoy as it lightens the mood and makes me laugh)

Fair enough, I guess I am so used to the petty poo on facebook (the reason I cme off) I just expect it all the time. I am not happy with Chansiri, far from it, but I dont share your view that he will sell us on cheaply, unless his family pull the plug on his finances. I really don’t, I wish he would though. It’s frustration, not me being a d!ck on purpose. 

Just now, Owling Wolfe said:

Fair enough, I guess I am so used to the petty poo on facebook (the reason I cme off) I just expect it all the time. I am not happy with Chansiri, far from it, but I dont share your view that he will sell us on cheaply, unless his family pull the plug on his finances. I really don’t, I wish he would though. It’s frustration, not me being a d!ck on purpose. 

I get that mate - dont' worry about it - sorry if I wound you up x

I think if it was me and I was in chansiri's shoes I'd take a fraction of what the club is worth right now as it will still be more than he'd get if we dropped to the division below as it looks we will do

I'd even throw in a free ground as well as part of the package

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

I get that mate - dont' worry about it - sorry if I wound you up x

I think if it was me and I was in chansiri's shoes I'd take a fraction of what the club is worth right now as it will still be more than he'd get if we dropped to the division below as it looks we will do

I'd even throw in a free ground as well as part of the package

Yeah me too, but we both know what a stubborn get he is. Shame Red Bull didnt up their offer really, we moght not be in this mess. No need to apologise, I am a big boy.......apparently...

• Like 1

Just now, Owling Wolfe said:

Yeah me too, but we both know what a stubborn get he is. Shame Red Bull didnt up their offer really, we moght not be in this mess. No need to apologise, I am a big boy.......apparently...

I hear what you're saying but if he really did want out he'd have no choice but to take a massive loss on the price otherwise he's stuck with the club and an even bigger loss 

Either way..

What a mess 

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Guest LondonOwl313
21 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I guess it depends how much he wants to stick with it and pass the club onto Atti etc

Maybe he's spaffed 150 million, faced with lockdowns, no money coming in, millions going out, a total loss of control of anything happening football wise and wants out ASAP and will take whatever he's offered to get out of the place.

He doesn’t come across as a bloke that knows how to cut his losses, or someone that had a plan beyond expecting promotion after 2-3 years.

I would imagine a small part of him will still hold hope that somehow we get promoted to the PL without the need for massive new investment.

Also think he’ll be embarrassed by the current situation, probably feels depressed and god knows what his financial position is after the last few years.

I just have a bad feeling about it because from the outside it has all the traits of a gambler who’s run his course. He’s stopped even trying to keep up the pretence now that things are under control.

Just now, LondonOwl313 said:

He doesn’t come across as a bloke that knows how to cut his losses, or someone that had a plan beyond expecting promotion after 2-3 years.

I would imagine a small part of him will still hold hope that somehow we get promoted to the PL without the need for massive new investment.

Also think he’ll be embarrassed by the current situation, probably feels depressed and god knows what his financial position is after the last few years.

I just have a bad feeling about it because from the outside it has all the traits of a gambler who’s run his course. He’s stopped even trying to keep up the pretence now that things are under control.

Agree with all of that

It's such a complete mess now it's more complex than just winning a few games now.

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, sacré bleu said:

Maybe he could sell "the club" at a knockdown price but retain ownership of the ground. He could then recoup his losses longer term maybe over 20 years through renting the ground to the new owners.

That's the point people have raised when other fans have said selling the ground to a third party company wasn't an issue at all

Despite it being a very big issue at other clubs where former chairmen have done it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Owlstalk Shop

Guest LondonOwl313
3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Agree with all of that

It's such a complete mess now it's more complex than just winning a few games now.

Here are the facts on his wealth. According to Forbes his dad is worth $575m, which is about £440m. https://www.forbes.com/profile/kraisorn-chansiri/?sh=83992147f478

We also know that Dejphon fronts a ‘consortium’ when it comes to the club so I think most assume that some of his wider family are involved in the financial backing. If there’s anyone external to that we don’t know anything about who they are, but you’d assume that if someone else had money on the line they’d be well beyond the point of allowing their investment go down the drain by leaving Chansiri as the only director. They’d surely be wanting to exert some influence, so that points towards this being a family thing.

Then the question is if his dad is only worth £440m,  how can he possibly afford to blow £150m on a football club without getting himself in to a big mess financially.

The numbers don’t stack up. He’s got to have sold this to his family as ‘I buy this for £35m and spend another £35m, then we receive £100m+ a year once promoted’. There is no plan that involves us not being promoted and he’s got to have run out of cash. And we have no way of becoming competitive again without more money being put in. The guy is trapped.. hopefully asset stripping isn’t next