THE MONK OUT THREAD

If Chansiri hadn't challenged it, it woudn't have happened. He did cause it happening in the first place...... however the current set up means you have to try bend rules to progress. System needs changing so championship is fair and not a fixed group of clubs able to get in to premiership and yo yo with it impossible for any other clubs to get up.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jim said:

We’re still in the sh!t as long as Monk stays in charge. He just doesn’t get the best out of the players he has. No consistency, no cohesion, no plan, nothing. Looking forward to hearing DC explain why he’s sticking with Monk when he sacked Jos for less.

Maybe because he’s recently employed all his back room staff & Monk kept Birmingham up with a 9 point deduction? 

We've secured a lifeline, but Monk is still not the answer. 

Last season we finished on 56 points, Bullen got 9 of those. Monk's points per game 1.17.

Points per game this season 1.1 which now suggests around 44 points after 6 deducted. 

His performance over 50+ league games is consistent. At 1.1 points per game average. It's mighty close to entrust our championship safety to Monk. I don't think it's a sensible risk. 

11 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Saying Chansiri has ‘won us 6 points’ is like saying Mark Chapman got us a John Lennon LP signed 

Stop being so dour. Enjoy it. We don't get positive moments very often.

We should all be grateful that DC has delivered this positive.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The only way is S6 said:

True. Still better off today than yesterday. 

Factual statement. 

Well hopefully Chansiri can get us started every season on -6.

Fail to see how been disadvantaged to every other team is a positive, he accepts responsibility for this disadvantage.

You want to praise him, bizarrely.

2 hours ago, deano said:

I'm pleased of course that 6 points have been returned, however ultimately its still 6 points lost by Chansiri whatever way you look at it.

For the biggest gamble in our history a 6pt deduction seems like a decent bet...for the club..

Meanwhile Chansiri loses £50m...

4 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

For the biggest gamble in our history a 6pt deduction seems like a decent bet...for the club..

Meanwhile Chansiri loses £50m...

Doesnt mean he should be praised for been the only club in the league to be given a points deduction. Plenty of chairman put lots of their own money into clubs without getting point deductions.

He has put millions into the club, fans are grateful for that but it has to be run properly and within rules.

3 hours ago, striker said:

We've secured a lifeline, but Monk is still not the answer. 

Last season we finished on 56 points, Bullen got 9 of those. Monk's points per game 1.17.

Points per game this season 1.1 which now suggests around 44 points after 6 deducted. 

His performance over 50+ league games is consistent. At 1.1 points per game average. It's mighty close to entrust our championship safety to Monk. I don't think it's a sensible risk. 

Which makes the talk of play offs even more crazy. 

Staying up still needs to be the aim. Backing Monk to keep us up is a risk, never mind think of the play offs. 

3 hours ago, 4evaowl said:

After these 10 games, on the back of last season, I’m not convinced by Monk. If I were the owner I’d have parted ways by now but I’d have hoped to have a proper plan in place to replace him. DC doesn’t appear to have that.

perhaps he can't afford to get rid . , we could have a whip round though 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, 4evaowl said:

After these 10 games, on the back of last season, I’m not convinced by Monk. If I were the owner I’d have parted ways by now but I’d have hoped to have a proper plan in place to replace him. DC doesn’t appear to have that.

whats your plan ?