THE MONK OUT THREAD

Everyone knows my feelings towards Monk but I get the impression over the last couple of weeks that what ever he does here, he won’t win over the fan base and as a result he’s just a dead man walking? I just wish the Chairman would put him and us out of our misery?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Jim said:

Everyone knows my feelings towards Monk but I get the impression over the last couple of weeks that what ever he does here, he won’t win over the fan base and as a result he’s just a dead man walking? I just wish the Chairman would put him and us out of our misery?

I think for the last year you've been throwing enough darts that one day you'll hit the bullseye Jim!

lol

Definitely committed to your cause

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

I think for the last year you've been throwing enough darts that one day you'll hit the bullseye Jim!

lol

Definitely committed to your cause

lol

Looking forward to the day Ryan Lowe takes over mate 🤞

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I thought it was the Cowley Brothers you wanted?

I don’t remember ever pushing for them mate? I may have said I was happy enough when it looked like they were going to get the job?

Just now, Jim said:

I don’t remember ever pushing for them mate? I may have said I was happy enough when it looked like they were going to get the job?

Just trying to think back to last season

I've never really see you push for anyone

Seen plenty of post out posts though

lol

LIke I say - you're definitely committed to your cause!

You'll 100% get your wish eventually 

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

Not changed my mind, but in the spirit of renewed optimism this week, will dial down my critisism.

Monk isn't a long term viable option, think we may be looking for a new manager in December. Good chance of a win tomorrow after the Bournemouth win, DC surfacing and the points reduction so should be on a high, but fully expect a return to type after the international break. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, torryowl said:

whats your plan ?

My plan would be:

1. A Director of Football in place to oversee the whole operation of football from junior to level to first team. 

2. Said DoF to put in 10 year plan based on developing talent to go into first team or sell in for profit. Also see point 7 below.

3. DoF to be someone experienced and respected across the levels of football - a Kenny Jacket type character.

4. CEO to oversee revenue generation and operation of the club - someone experienced in football like Susan Whelan.

5. Short term I’d bust a gut to get Nigel Pearson but if not I’d go for someone like Michael Appleton as he is likely to be a good enough coach to keep us up.

6. Medium term he might be a stable figure who could bring lower league players on, assuming we are relatively skint.

7. Short term to medium term make the most of the elite academy pool - similar to what Turner did with Brunt, Whelan.

8. Again assuming we are pretty skint, bring in players with a resale value, like Peterborough do.

I’m not anti-DC by the way - he may have a plan himself but I don’t know what it is as he doesn’t articulate it. These press conferences don’t ever seem to tease this out.

• Like 1

Sack him, no other option.  Then can we bring in someone to start to build a successful squad that play GOOD FOOTBALL !!! Since Chansiri came in over all we have had too much ugly poo. (No idea if he has had anything to do with the style.....) we pay so much and if we now have to take YEARS to rebuild, let's 're build right. Attractive football. Widen our pitch and let's create a football team. The long ball hoof  is for piggies not us. We don't want Wilkinson back or Megson style back. Football is supposed to be entertaining! Some on here have tried to say for years that crap would work. Well it hasn't and we pay far too much for that crap! New footballing intelligent manager and all the team needed to support them both alongside and above. 

Time for change time to rebuild and rebuild the right way! Wednesday need to bring back champagne football!!!

2 minutes ago, 4evaowl said:

How long will DC go on supporting this manager?

Does he really think Monk will improve things?

It’s ok DC been in charge 6 years but still thinks it’s the players responsible for performance and results. 

I mean why would any team sack their manager? It’s a pointless exercise. 

We played with more tempo but created very little, indeed for all our possession Millwall had the better chances. I don’t know why he subbed Kachunga when he did because we were getting a kind of momentum at that point which we completely lost after the sub.

However you look at it, it’s another game without a goal and you don’t win games without scoring. We could be playing until this time next week and still be so little a threat. Dull as dishwater.

• Like 2