THE MONK OUT THREAD

On 06/11/2020 at 13:05, Jim said:

I get the impression over the last couple of weeks that what ever he does here, he won’t win over the fan base

Just has to:

1- Win more matches

2 - Show ambition to attack and entertain. 

The vast majority of us are not idiots. We don’t expect promotion, play-offs or success given the current on and off-field challenges

11 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Just has to:

1- Win more matches

2 - Show ambition to attack and entertain. 

The vast majority of us are not idiots. We don’t expect promotion, play-offs or success given the current on and off-field challenges

1 & 2 go hand in hand, surely?

6 hours ago, ashley8 said:

Sack him, no other option.  Then can we bring in someone to start to build a successful squad that play GOOD FOOTBALL !!! Since Chansiri came in over all we have had too much ugly poo. (No idea if he has had anything to do with the style.....) we pay so much and if we now have to take YEARS to rebuild, let's 're build right. Attractive football. Widen our pitch and let's create a football team. The long ball hoof  is for piggies not us. We don't want Wilkinson back or Megson style back. Football is supposed to be entertaining! Some on here have tried to say for years that crap would work. Well it hasn't and we pay far too much for that crap! New footballing intelligent manager and all the team needed to support them both alongside and above. 

Time for change time to rebuild and rebuild the right way! Wednesday need to bring back champagne football!!!

Just out of interest did you watch Wednesday under Wilkinson? Were you genuinely not entertained by the likes of Varadi, Marwood, Chamberlain, Sterland, Worthington, Megson ?

• Like 1

Monk’s record since December has been close to abysmal.  Not to mention the style of football.  

We’ve had the points deduction hanging over us since last November but now that is resolved and we are back in with the pack too.  

I’d say we are now more appealing to would-be managers and I see no reason why we aren’t looking to improve that position.  

Chansiri says he’s surrounded by knowledgable football people but they obviously don’t watch our games. 

I really expected a big result today off the back of the Bournemouth win and having 6 points reduced off the overall -12 point deduction.  

The response today was nothing short than abysmal.  

No other words to describe it.  

The team and the players should have been raring to go, full bloody throttle today.  

Nope,  Not today, not with 6 defenders on the pitch at home.  

• Like 2

Guest Therealrealist
7 minutes ago, Ronio said:

I really expected a big result today off the back of the Bournemouth win and having 6 points reduced off the overall -12 point deduction.  

The response today was nothing short than abysmal.  

No other words to describe it.  

The team and the players should have been raring to go, full bloody throttle today.  

Nope,  Not today, not with 6 defenders on the pitch at home.  

This outfit don’t know what ‘full bloody throttle’ is...they’ve only got one gear

It angers me that we can be abysmal against Luton, Rotherham and Wycombe , then turn up and put in a shift against a team that was in the prem last season , only to go back to being shambolic against Millwall.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

It angers me that we can be abysmal against Luton, Rotherham and Wycombe , then turn up and put in a shift against a team that was in the prem last season , only to go back to being shambolic against Millwall.   

agreed S36 but don’t let a penalty vs Bournemouth mask what would have been another game without registering and continuing our lamentable scoring prowess.

Nothing has changed.

The sooner Mr Chancer realises the existence of tactics, team selection and strategy are the manager’s responsibility and sides don’t just turn up on a match day, have 15 minute chat about their big lads at the back and see what pans out, the better.

Notafookingclue.

Talk about Wilkos long ball style is chalk n cheeses. So much energy in that side. Long ball is ok if it’s played with speed and energy. We are playing slow build up hoof ball. It doesn’t work and it’s awful to watch. Why do people say give him more time? Absolutely nothing will change. 

Edited by Plonk

9 hours ago, Jim said:

it’s 26 home games in the championship under Monk and 18 goals scored? 4 of them in the first half. 

It’s an horrendous goalscoring record and the way we play under Monk it’s unlikely to change.

Just how much longer is the Chairman going to stick rather than twist. I suspect if he is going to twist it won’t be while Christmas?

This ^^^💯% it's pain full to watch it really is, I hate being negative about the club but something needs to change and not only the manager we need to get to the root causes of why we seem to go from season to season experiencing the same problems, as a club we are serial failures something has to change the supporters deserve much better.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Hodgyowl said:

This ^^^💯% it's pain full to watch it really is, I hate being negative about the club but something needs to change and not only the manager we need to get to the root causes of why we seem to go from season to season experiencing the same problems, as a club we are serial failures something has to change the supporters deserve much better.

They do for the money been paid.

10 hours ago, Jim said:

it’s 26 home games in the championship under Monk and 18 goals scored? 4 of them in the first half. 

It's bizarre... Chansiri can sit on a Zoom call and tell the world that he is always expecting promotion and is still somewhat hopeful of the play-offs this season, and yet he continues to back a manager with this sort of record. How can he not see that the two standpoints are completely incongruous? Even with extenuating circumstances, and a lot of giving the benefit-of-the-doubt that entails... it's a home record that even a relegation-fodder club would be embarrassed by. 

We have a genuine chance of staying up now, and such a home record being tolerated makes it nigh on impossible to do that

• Like 2

Could today be the day that DC decides to give us our best opportunity of avoiding relegation by dispensing with the services of Garry Monk? 

Our record since the turn of the year, in terms of points won,  goals scored and standard of football played is absolutely shocking and in any other season with crowds present, the reaction from supporters would have forced the owner's hand before now. 

Now is the time for one good man to come to the aid of our beloved Wednesday. 

WAWAW

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1