THE MONK OUT THREAD

5 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

Could today be the day that DC decides to give us our best opportunity of avoiding relegation by dispensing with the services of Garry Monk? 

Our record since the turn of the year, in terms of points won,  goals scored and standard of football played is absolutely shocking and in any other season with crowds present, the reaction from supporters would have forced the owner's hand before now. 

Now is the time for one good man to come to the aid of our beloved Wednesday. 

WAWAW

Just say No...drugs don't work kids

6 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

Could today be the day that DC decides to give us our best opportunity of avoiding relegation by dispensing with the services of Garry Monk? 

Our record since the turn of the year, in terms of points won,  goals scored and standard of football played is absolutely shocking and in any other season with crowds present, the reaction from supporters would have forced the owner's hand before now. 

WAWAW

Dont be so stupid, were not that lucky.

Tell you something tho the day it happens it will be party time for Wednesday fans all over, lets just hope it happens when there is still a chance of us staying up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest wilyfox

I doubt it. Last week has probably bought Monk a little more time. It’s an important international break though; could be defining. If Monk can’t get us scoring after the break, Chansiri will have to intervene and bring in someone who will.

We were in a good position a year ago, but over-reliant on Steven Fletcher. Monk’s had a year plus new personnel to address that and sort our scoring issues. It’s now or never. Fix it or he’ll be gone by Christmas 🎄 

10 points in one week is , I believe, a record points haul in one week for this league. 

14 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

WAWAW

10 points in one week , a record for this league, and you want the manager sacked?

Bizarre.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

I doubt it. Last week has probably bought Monk a little more time. It’s an important international break though; could be defining. If Monk can’t get us scoring after the break, Chansiri will have to intervene and bring in someone who will.

We were in a good position a year ago, but over-reliant on Steven Fletcher. Monk’s had a year plus new personnel to address that and sort our scoring issues. It’s now or never. Fix it or he’ll be gone by Christmas 🎄 

Totally agree with this.

24 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

WAWAW

Tomorrow is Tuesday and so on

1 hour ago, Devonstrix said:

WAWAW

1 hour ago, Incognito Owl said:

The short answer is 99.9% no. If it carries on it will be around Christmas, if not monk is here for the season probably. 

1 hour ago, wilyfox said:

I predict the 22nd of December is when monk will be sacked.

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, Incognito Owl said:

I predict the 22nd of December is when monk will be sacked.

as good a guess as any. As much as I want us to succeed, I can’t see us suddenly start to score in numbers. Our problems in that area are systematic and personnel. I don’t think we’ll produce the quality in front of goal to save him. I like Paterson but he’s a step down from Fletcher, and not replacing Murphy was just stupid.

13 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

At which point it will probably be too late, the damage will have been done and a new manager would have to produce play off form for the rest of the season to keep us up.

Yep and Bullen will step in until sometime in January, until we find one. I haven't liked Bullen in some way when he's managed us before, but would prefer him now. I haven't really got any optimism until monk goes. If we stay up, does monk stay? If we go down, does chansiri keep him to get promotion? Like he said in the interview. Or does he sell up ect.? So many questions, so many outcomes and no real decisions being made.

44 minutes ago, Incognito Owl said:

Good spot. Cowley brothers for the job then, we win 0-2 haha.

Could be 😀...but I mentioned them the other week in another thread and got battered, not popular it seems. 

On the topic, David Wagner was mentioned by someone, which is a good  shout. Ticks a lot of boxes DC looks for and also has a Huddersfield  connection.

I have a lot of time for Ryan Lowe, has a connection with the club, done well in his managerial career and let's face it theres not too big a gap between us and Plymouth, given we're flirting with L1 (8 places as it stands)

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, striker said:

Could be 😀...but I mentioned them the other week in another thread and got battered, not popular it seems. 

On the topic, David Wagner was mentioned by someone, which is a good  shout. Ticks a lot of boxes DC looks for and also has a Huddersfield  connection.

I have a lot of time for Ryan Lowe, has a connection with the club, done well in his managerial career and let's face it theres not too big a gap between us and Plymouth, given we're flirting with L1 (8 places as it stands)

I wanted the Cowley's last year after bruce, although I don't think the two would be a good choice right now. If we were looking like we were getting relegated/if we were relegated, I would consider them. Was both put off last time though with the control of certain things ect.? 

I don't like the David Wagner one, I don't rate him and think he got lucky getting Huddersfield promoted.

Yeah, I don't know a lot about Ryan Lowe's managerial record ect. But from what I've heard on here, he seems like a good choice. I read on the Pearson interview thread that Pearson for DoF and Lowe as manger, which I thought sounded good.

• Like 1