SWFC v RUFC

21 minutes ago, AlanLee said:

That's the point isn't it. You are never going to come across a Gillingham fan! 

So to you it's not a derby because we're nothing to you (apart from we're 7 miles away and above you in the league). And you'd be as happy to go to Gillingham for a match as Rotherham? Or as happy for Gillingham to bring 207 fans to Hillsborough rather than us bringing 5k to Hillsborough? Or you could ring Radio Gillingham up and have some banter on Praise or Grumble. Or go into work on Monday and give/take stick from Gillingham fans over the result. WTF are talking about? 

Local derbies are games involving two teams geographically close to one another. Therefore yes tonight is a local derby. Local rivalries are between two teams who have a mutual dislike for each other. Games against Rotherham are no different to games against Barnsley, Huddersfield or Doncaster. There are no pre match nerves and I certainly won't lose any sleep if we do lose.

Oh and when did you last bring 5k fans to Hillsborough? Lol

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Rotherham are like a minor irritant who sort of pop up every now and then.

It's not a game I get overly invested in. Nice to win like any game, but that's the extent of it. Same goes for the Dingles, Donny etc.

Unfortunately, given the absolute plonker we have in charge, I expect nothing from tonight.

The turd that won't flush!

When we play the pigs my stomach is churning for a week before. I dont get that with any other team. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Ok, you've got a bite out of me Mr Lee

• I don't like been called a bell end by you or anyone else. In your case a faceless keyboard warrior
  • You know nothing about me, where I or my family originate from so do not form a judgement just because I choose to support Wednesday
  • People living in Rotherham have the right to support who they want unless it happens to be Wednesday???? How very strange
  • When was the last time you as a club brought 5k to Hillsborough?? There's more chance of Gillingham bringing 5k than Rotherham
  • Get back on your own site you arrogant, ignorant, small minded tool
  • Haha 1

On 27/10/2020 at 12:36, AlanLee said:

Just a note to all who keep referring to "tonight's game". 

It's tomorrow. 

You're welcome 👍🏼

That shows what a big game it is to us, we don't even know what day we're playing you!

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Bassett's Allsorts said:

I tell you what, if there's ever a question on a quiz about the distance between Hillsborough and the New York Stadium then I'll be top of the class after this thread.

Must've been mentioned at least 7 times...

Something 7 7 ah that's right 7 mile. :image:

As has been stated earlier, when we play the Blunts my stomach is churning and it hurts when we lose to them, it’s also elation when we win. Either scenario happens tonight would be nothing in comparison.

The game is certainly a bigger thing for them and if they are honest they would admit that.

3 hours ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

There are no pre match nerves and I certainly won't lose any sleep if we do lose.

Oh and when did you last bring 5k fans to Hillsborough? Lol

Well sweet dreams for you tonight then. 

I think we brought over 6k last time we were allowed. Then you started limiting numbers didn't you? Then last time I think we only took about 3k because some refused to pay nearly 50 quid a seat which if we're all honest is an absolute joke. 

2 hours ago, Malcolm Darling said:

Ok, you've got a bite out of me Mr Lee

• I don't like been called a bell end by you or anyone else. In your case a faceless keyboard warrior
  • You know nothing about me, where I or my family originate from so do not form a judgement just because I choose to support Wednesday
  • People living in Rotherham have the right to support who they want unless it happens to be Wednesday???? How very strange
  • When was the last time you as a club brought 5k to Hillsborough?? There's more chance of Gillingham bringing 5k than Rotherham
  • Get back on your own site you arrogant, ignorant, small minded tool

Go on then... Rotherham is a paedo filled sh|thole but as a Sheffield man you've decided to live here because? 

53 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

As has been stated earlier, when we play the Blunts my stomach is churning and it hurts when we lose to them, it’s also elation when we win. Either scenario happens tonight would be nothing in comparison.

The game is certainly a bigger thing for them and if they are honest they would admit that.

Of course it's bigger game for us. We know our place but as Rotherham fans we all know if we are to stay up this season we have to be beating the likes of Sheffield Wednesday and Wycombe. 

1 hour ago, Bassett's Allsorts said:

I tell you what, if there's ever a question on a quiz about the distance between Hillsborough and the New York Stadium then I'll be top of the class after this thread.

Must've been mentioned at least 7 times...

Actually it's 6.7 miles according to Google but I'll you off. 

12 minutes ago, AlanLee said:

I think we brought over 6k last time we were allowed. Then you started limiting numbers didn't you? Then last time I think we only took about 3k because some refused to pay nearly 50 quid a seat which if we're all honest is an absolute joke. 

I vaguely recall you bringing 5k once nearly 20 years ago. And people reckon Wednesdayites are stuck in the past lol

46 minutes ago, AlanLee said:

Go on then... Rotherham is a paedo filled sh|thole but as a Sheffield man you've decided to live here because? 

I didn't say I was from Sheffield 

I'm one of your so called bell ends, Rotherham born and bred

When it comes to football I thank the Lord for the invention of the wheel 

Like I said, you know nothing about my family or my Rotherham Owl mates or why we were chosen

Hope that clears it up for you

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

Early goal against us and I think we have to fear the worse. 

We should win this,not underestimating Rotherham,but they are 1 of the faves for the drop,and haven't won at home in 3,and we have been ok away from Hillsboro..we will see..

1 hour ago, AlanLee said:

I can remember Rotherham bringing a few hundred as well. In fact one season it was hard to spot any.

1 hour ago, AlanLee said:

What's your take on Sheffield United given their only *checks Google maps* 10 miles from NYS? You hate them too right?