SWFC v RUFC

26 minutes ago, Bassett's Allsorts said:

. But that's the same for Sheff U, Leeds, Man u, Liverpool, Man City etc. I just struggle to understand why these people aren't viewed in the same manner (i.e. spawn of Satan) by your supporters.

They are seen as the same 'type' to me. If they'd all follow their hometown clubs the English game would be much better for it. The power would be spread over more clubs across the country and there'd be less clubs struggling financially. 

Last time we played you at Hillsborough I walked from Wickersley to The Hallamshire pub, met a Wednesday fan and did a pub crawl from there to Hillsborough. If that's not a local Derby then I don't know what is. Like somebody said, Brighton and Palace fans call their match a derby, or Forest and Derby or Luton and Watford or Newcastle and Sunderland.... I wouldn't fancy walking between any of them. 

Just get over yourselves. You're not massive anymore and it doesn't look like you'll be playing the Blades anytime soon so sit back, relax and enjoy your local derby 👍🏼

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, AlanLee said:

Last time we played you at Hillsborough I walked from Wickersley to The Hallamshire pub, met a Wednesday fan and did a pub crawl from there to Hillsborough. If that's not a local Derby then I don't know what is. Like somebody said, Brighton and Palace fans call their match a derby, or Forest and Derby or Luton and Watford or Newcastle and Sunderland.... I wouldn't fancy walking between any of them. 

Just get over yourselves. You're not massive anymore and it doesn't look like you'll be playing the Blades anytime soon so sit back, relax and enjoy your local derby 👍🏼

It's a derby mate they're just having you on

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, AlanLee said:

At last! He's dropped the act and let out that hatred that so many Millers have for SWFC.

He's even flying the flag for the Blades - talk about a stereotypical Rotherham fan eh?  

Only took 6 pages but we got there in the end. 

Edited by Bassett's Allsorts
  • Love 3
  • Haha 1

Rotherham have been much like ourselves this season.

Play some neat and tidy football at times but don't create many clear cut chances.

They also have an habit of conceding  in the last ten minutes.

The game will be close....could go either way but I'd back us to nick it 1-0 or 2-1.

• Thanks 1

Guest Hornsby

Dear me, even with kidology from both sides you'd think we are playing Real Madrid tomorrow.

Not sure about our current budget, but it must be three times Rovrums.

Next 2 games are relatively easy so let's go out and try to 'ammer em.

With pride. And passion. Minimum. 

5 hours ago, bradowl said:

Just like me you only support Wednesday for all the glory and success we have. lol

I haven't always lived in Rotherham, I was approached by a rather Dodgy look geezer in the mucky duck who said he could take me to a place were I would get a nice house a free phone and food vouchers if I paid him £1.75 he said he had a dinghy leaving at midnight, I got on said boat crammed in with 30 more excited soul's wearing our life vests paddling down the don, as we reached the viaduct we stopped to dodge the search lights, we threw 2 in to give the attack dog's something to eat and made a quick rush for the border, finally we reached our destination as the sun started to come up, we went over the iron bridge at the back of parkgate and was taken to my new home a two bed terrace house, welcomed by 25 of my new house mates I was told I was to be at Rotherham registry office at ten thirty for my arranged marriage, my new wife told me that I was expected to sire fifteen children but I didn't know the word for vasectomy in my new language, so just to upset my  wife and here many outlaws....2.1 to the owls 😁

img_0712.jpg

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Incognito Owl said:

I don't see Rotherham as beneath us ect. I don't mind them. I just see them the same as Leeds and Barnsley, like I said just local rivals. Playing are local rivals has got more in it then playing Gillingham and Preston, but those still aren't derbies for us. Sheffield United are the only one whatever league we're both in. 

You and other Rotherham fans may see it as more a derby, same as some Wednesday fans. In reality it's not, especially in Wednesday's case. If we lose tonight it would be just another loss for me. The only difference would be the Rotherham hasn't beaten us at home in how many years record really. What you think of "our derby" is how we think of the Sheffield derby. Also it's kinda like when Wednesday play Hull on sky. It's said to be a Yorkshire derby when it isn't, it's just two teams from Yorkshire.

Finally you may get less abuse if you stop looking like you're on the wind up/having an hatred towards us and NO it's not a derby, just a local rivalry. Anyway good luck for tonight.

Leeds and Sheff u are miles above us,the rest, and will be forages..get over it..

4 hours ago, AlanLee said:

Just a note to all who keep referring to "tonight's game". 

It's tomorrow. 

You're welcome 👍🏼

Eh up Alan, are you same Alan Lee that posts regularly in Rotherham I remember when Facebook group? 

I've just seen a post about mischievous night and thought it might be you. lol

Theres only one "Derby" that bothers me...and its not Rotherham United.

I get Rotherham hate us...Join the f.ookin' queue...That bothers me not one jot either.

3 points is all that Matters and Monk getting it right...Doesn't matter who its against.

After the game tomorrow Wednesday fans will forget about Rotherham United, whatever the result....The fact the same can't be said of Rotherham United fans...tells you all you need to know about the "derby"

Edited by asteener1867
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Theres only one "Derby" that bothers me...and its not Rotherham United.

I get Rotherham hate us...Join the f.ookin' queue...That bothers me not one jot either.

3 points is all that Matters and Monk getting it right...Doesn't matter who its against.

After the game tomorrow Wednesday fans will forget about Rotherham United, whatever the result....The fact the same can't be said of Rotherham United fans...tells you all you need to know about the "derby"

Bit like Leeds thinking Man U are their natural rivals.😂

2 hours ago, bradowl said:

Eh up Alan, are you same Alan Lee that posts regularly in Rotherham I remember when Facebook group? 

I've just seen a post about mischievous night and thought it might be you. lol

No mate although I am on that group under my real name.