SWFC v RUFC

On 26/10/2020 at 12:46, PortlandOwl said:

45 years or something...Rotherham are due a home win. They'll probably never get a better chance against this shower. 

1975/76 was the last time mini pigs beat us at their place in the league ..... astonishing really some of the shybo we've had at Wednesday the last 45 years 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Bit like Leeds thinking Man U are their natural rivals.😂

I'll be embarrassed if they beat us tbh , I work just around the corner from the ground and have always thought we should be in a higher division than Rotherham but we aren't so fair play to them.

9 hours ago, AlanLee said:

Last time we played you at Hillsborough I walked from Wickersley to The Hallamshire pub, met a Wednesday fan and did a pub crawl from there to Hillsborough. If that's not a local Derby then I don't know what is. Like somebody said, Brighton and Palace fans call their match a derby, or Forest and Derby or Luton and Watford or Newcastle and Sunderland.... I wouldn't fancy walking between any of them. 

Just get over yourselves. You're not massive anymore and it doesn't look like you'll be playing the Blades anytime soon so sit back, relax and enjoy your local derby 👍🏼

Why didn't you get the X1 or X10 bus? 

I live in Rotherham and its not a Derby mate in the real sense of the word, if we lose it only hurts as much as it hurts losing to anyone else. 

Losing to them is off the scale.  No comparison, them, Leeds, Barnsley, Huddersfield (in recent years) Rotherham, Doncaster, Chesterfield is how I would rate the local "Derbys".

I seem to remember back in the 70s that Rotherhams big hate Derby was Donny, did I imagine that or was it a thing?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

seem to remember back in the 70s that Rotherhams big hate Derby was Donny, did I imagine that or was it a thing?  

Donny is obviously a derby for us but it's 14 miles away, not 7. I have no family or friends who are Donny fans so it doesn't have the same edge for me personally. I got told by a Worksop Town fan, who frequents The Keepmoat, a few weeks back whilst I was watching Maltby v Worksop that Donny fans spend their matches singing about how much they hate Rotherham. So perhaps the hatred is slightly one sided on their part. A bit like us with Wednesday! 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AlanLee said:

Donny is obviously a derby for us but it's 14 miles away, not 7. I have no family or friends who are Donny fans so it doesn't have the same edge for me personally. I got told by a Worksop Town fan, who frequents The Keepmoat, a few weeks back whilst I was watching Maltby v Worksop that Donny fans spend their matches singing about how much they hate Rotherham. So perhaps the hatred is slightly one sided on their part. A bit like us with Wednesday! 

You forgot the important bit why not get the X1 or X10 bus?

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, brando said:

Leeds and Sheff u are miles above us,the rest, and will be forages..get over it..

What? Yes I know that. I only mentioned sufc as being are only derby and Leeds being a local rival like with Rotherham and Barnsley ect. It doesn't matter what league we are all in, it's still the same. Rotherham and Barnsley is not a derby this season or any other season because "Sheff u are miles above us". It's like saying sufc wasn't a derby when in League 1 and we in the Championship.

On 26/10/2020 at 17:42, AlanLee said:

We'll be talking about it for years? That's a good one after Wednesday had a special shirt made up to commenorate your win in phantom time at NYS! 

As pointed out in the thread it was a response to one of your players comments. Done by a fan whereas yours was an actual player using an insulting nickname for us that united stole for some reason. Proper weird. 

You let the mask slip on page 6 though. Tonight is your cup final. A chance to beat the team you hate the most in all of football. A chance to cosy up to the pigs again. Proper weird. 

I remember when you were on your knees begging with buckets. You had people collecting inside our ground, we let you do this. I put money in and wished you well as did thousands of my fellow owls fans. We saw the response from all the local clubs and fans when we were in trouble. Couldn't wait for us to go bust, can't wait for us to go down this season. We are living rent free in the heads of every single local teams fans. You all hate us for some reason. You all say we're arrogant and we think we're massive. I've got no time at all for most other clubs in the country. Soft spot for pompey as a distant relative supports em but other than that you're all the same pretty much. You're all one level below the pigs when it comes down to it. I don't smile when you lose the way you lot do when we lose. 

You're all proper weird. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, AlanLee said:

Sure it does 😁

It does, it really does. If we lose to you tonight, it’s hurts because that’s three less points towards safety, not that it’s Rotherham. It will hurt a lot more if we lose to Wycombe on Saturday.

Enjoy “your derby” tonight.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

As pointed out in the thread it was a response to one of your players comments. Done by a fan whereas yours was an actual player using an insulting nickname for us that united stole for some reason. Proper weird. 

You let the mask slip on page 6 though. Tonight is your cup final. A chance to beat the team you hate the most in all of football. A chance to cosy up to the pigs again. Proper weird. 

I remember when you were on your knees begging with buckets. You had people collecting inside our ground, we let you do this. I put money in and wished you well as did thousands of my fellow owls fans. We saw the response from all the local clubs and fans when we were in trouble. Couldn't wait for us to go bust, can't wait for us to go down this season. We are living rent free in the heads of every single local teams fans. You all hate us for some reason. You all say we're arrogant and we think we're massive. I've got no time at all for most other clubs in the country. Soft spot for pompey as a distant relative supports em but other than that you're all the same pretty much. You're all one level below the pigs when it comes down to it. I don't smile when you lose the way you lot do when we lose. 

You're all proper weird. 

Don't get so uptight, I don't hate anybody and only really get annoyed by Rotherham Owls. If we mean nothing to you why get so upset? 

I would never wish Wednesday or any other club to go out of business unless they brought in on themselves. We were within weeks of disappearing and it's not a nice feeling. I speak for all Rotherham fans when I say how grateful we were for the loose change but 15 years on and you bring it up every year. Say you collected 1 or 2k that game, that's great but how long before we're allowed banter again? 

35 minutes ago, AlanLee said:

Sure it does 😁

Honestly losing or beating you is no different to losing or beating Gillingham.

If I come across a Rotherham fan after beating them, I will take the mick same as if I came across a Gillingham fan.  I wouldn't get a feeling of smugness.

If we beat "them" I would actively go looking for one to take the mick.  The smugness factor would be off the scale.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, AlanLee said:

Don't get so uptight, I don't hate anybody and only really get annoyed by Rotherham Owls. If we mean nothing to you why get so upset? 

I would never wish Wednesday or any other club to go out of business unless they brought in on themselves. We were within weeks of disappearing and it's not a nice feeling. I speak for all Rotherham fans when I say how grateful we were for the loose change but 15 years on and you bring it up every year. Say you collected 1 or 2k that game, that's great but how long before we're allowed banter again? 

Not upset or uptight at all. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlanLee said:

Sure it does 😁

It really does. One measure of rivalry is whether you care about the other team's results. I can't honestly say I've ever checked the scores to see how you've gone on unless the result directly affects us. Losing to Wycombe would be much worse than losing to you. Unfortunately there's a good chance that will be proved this week. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

If I come across a Rotherham fan after beating them, I will take the mick same as if I came across a Gillingham fan.  I wouldn't get a feeling of smugness.

That's the point isn't it. You are never going to come across a Gillingham fan! 

So to you it's not a derby because we're nothing to you (apart from we're 7 miles away and above you in the league). And you'd be as happy to go to Gillingham for a match as Rotherham? Or as happy for Gillingham to bring 207 fans to Hillsborough rather than us bringing 5k to Hillsborough? Or you could ring Radio Gillingham up and have some banter on Praise or Grumble. Or go into work on Monday and give/take stick from Gillingham fans over the result. WTF are talking about? 

• Haha 1

Rotherham are like a minor irritant who sort of pop up every now and then.

It's not a game I get overly invested in. Nice to win like any game, but that's the extent of it. Same goes for the Dingles, Donny etc.

Unfortunately, given the absolute plonker we have in charge, I expect nothing from tonight.

I'd love to beat Rotherham , before this so called rivalry came about ( them hating us ) they were just a local team who I sort of wanted to win cause they were just down the road but now because of their hatred towards us , I'd like us to smash em ( some chance ).

Oh and their love in with United aswell 🤣

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AlanLee said:

That's the point isn't it. You are never going to come across a Gillingham fan! 

So to you it's not a derby because we're nothing to you (apart from we're 7 miles away and above you in the league). And you'd be as happy to go to Gillingham for a match as Rotherham? Or as happy for Gillingham to bring 207 fans to Hillsborough rather than us bringing 5k to Hillsborough? Or you could ring Radio Gillingham up and have some banter on Praise or Grumble. Or go into work on Monday and give/take stick from Gillingham fans over the result. WTF are talking about? 

I take satisfaction in 'them' losing, I often don't even know Rotherhams result, days later if at all.  I can only name one of your players and he's on loan.  If you win lose or draw unless it directly affects us then it has the same impact on me as Gillingham's result.  

To be honest if given the opportunity for an away game between you or Gillingham, I would chose Gillingham as it is a ground I have never been to.

I don't wish any ill will on Rotherham and for your sake I hope you have a good season, as I would wish upon a Gillingham fan. For all intents and purposes you are a Gillingham fan.   

It's that simple. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1