Get ( insert managers name) in

Just now, A47Owl said:

Why won't they come here? Is it the chairman that puts them off or the size of the job? 

This is where a  Wednesday fans view of their club differs from a professional in the game looking at it from a neutral's perspective mate

To us we're a sleeping giant just needing a hero

To an outside we have Chansiri as chairman, we're on minus points and behind the pack to even stay up, our fanbase is negative and toxic, the squad is full of Sunday league players and injured more times than they play

The ONLY reason anyone would come is pure and simply £££££££££££££

And that's the worst reason to employ any manager

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

26 minutes ago, H2Owl said:

Honestly I’m not bothered. There’s no reason or justification for Monk to stay so deal with the first problem of getting rid then start the search after that. 

DC should already have a replacement lined up. He usually waffles on for weeks without a manager. He needs to do what many other teams do and have a replacement lined up who has agreed terms so that they are ready to go as soon as Monk has cleared his desk . 

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

This is where a  Wednesday fans view of their club differs from a professional in the game looking at it from a neutral's perspective mate

To an outside we have Chansiri as chairman, we're on minus points and behind the pack to even stay up, our fanbase is negative and toxic, the squad is full of Sunday league players and injured more times than they play

A determined manager who can get over the Chansiri problem and has enough confidence in his own ability to sort out our problems is the type we need. 

Unfortunately the Chansiri problem will not go away. Not until he goes away permanently and regrettably that is unlikely to happen to due the mess DC has got the club into. 

That all means that, as you say, nobody will want to take us on. 

The future is looking very bleak I fear. 

McCarthy is absolutely the right man for the job.

In fact, if you were to fashion a manager with the necessary attributes to keep us in the division, then you would have unwittingly created old Six Fingers.

The only problem is that he wouldn't touch us with a bargepole now.

We should have taken him when he wanted the gig.

Mick.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Sleeping giant..long gone cocka..

Cook is the one that appeals to me but if not I'd go for a lower league manager like Flynn at Newport.

If Monk ever goes, looking at our recruitment, we'll probably end up with an ex Cardiff or Huddersfield coach.

Hard to feel optimistic that DC will bring in the right man for the job but Monk should have been axed last season for our wretched home form that's carried on during the restart and into this season. 

If Monk goes we'd need someone to come in who could do purely a short term job to keep us up. There probably is no long term plan from anyone at the club. 

I'd try to do all I could to get Nigel Pearson but outside that:

Mick McCarthy

Kenny Jackett

Michael Appleton

Nigel Clough

Gary Megson

These might just get us over the line, even if it wouldn't be champagne football.