Rhodes???

Guest samowl

Just now, Hack-Abusi said:

A completely absurd decision to make by the sounds of it ..and not for the first time

Bringing on Rhodes like that is symptomatic of of Monks tenure here and will no doubt go some way to his justification of dropping Rhodes for god knows how long.

Baffling at times ...

Help me out.

You (and others) question why Rhodes came on.

What did Windass do?

+

What did Marriott do?

+

Kachunga was poor Saturday and never scores.

+
We needed a goal

What you gonna do?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, everydayiswednesday said:

Spot on mate. 

It's not though is it. It's nonsense. Of course a higher level player would have made a difference. Swap any of our strikers for Toney, and we would have been more dangerous. Yes there are mitigating factors - Brentford are miles ahead of us - but the simple fact is that, forget about any other strikers - specifically, Rhodes has never got anywhere near the level we have needed or expected. He is miles off  and pretty much has been since he signed. Obviously the transfer fee and wages hasn't helped, but this nonsense about just needing service... blimey. 

5 minutes ago, Hotten Owl said:

It's not though is it. It's nonsense. Of course a higher level player would have made a difference. Swap any of our strikers for Toney, and we would have been more dangerous. Yes there are mitigating factors - Brentford are miles ahead of us - but the simple fact is that, forget about any other strikers - specifically, Rhodes has never got anywhere near the level we have needed or expected. He is miles off  and pretty much has been since he signed. Obviously the transfer fee and wages hasn't helped, but this nonsense about just needing service... blimey. 

Easy target, as I said before remind me what Marriot & Windas did tonight. In a word....nothing. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Help me out.

You (and others) question why Rhodes came on.

What did Windass do?

+

What did Marriott do?

+

Kachunga was poor Saturday and never scores.

+
We needed a goal

What you gonna do?

Rhodes isn't the player thats gonna turn a game like this on its head or pressure the defence by harrying em or putting pressure on em .. we weren't creating anything so why bring on a striker that prefers to be on the edge of something created than doing it all himself.

Its just baffling.

3 minutes ago, everydayiswednesday said:

Easy target, as I said before remind me what Marriot & Windas did tonight. In a word....nothing. 

I get where you're coming from, but Rhodes has been consistently poor pretty much since he signed. I'm pretty patient with players, but I just can't see it. Yes our newer players haven't performed tonight, I'm not sure what that has to do with Rhodes overall. I dont jump on players - I've supported players like fox, hunt, or others that get grief when they're clearly just going through a spell of poor form, but I just don't see anything with Rhodes. 

31 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Did Windass play?

He had a stinker. As did Marriott. As did Rhodes.

No service.

ONE decent cross in 90 mins & Patterson gives that little bit extra effort & scores.

Im beginning to see that it's simply an average level manager with bargain bin recruitment which is terrible, so it's no surprise we're going nowhere.

1 hour ago, Adem Poric said:

Is hating Rhodes a thing? I just feel really sorry for him. He used to be good and he's clearly is a nice guy but he's not a footballer any more. 

It's sad.

If we never actually give him a run of games, we'll never know if he's still got it. That's what's sad.

10 minute subs once a month tells us nothing at all.

I assume Rhodes was sent on to play high up and try and push the Brentford back 4 backwards by 5/10 yards, pushing Bannan further up the pitch and getting harris and reach in better positions.  That comes at a risk (offside). Not much point Rhodes coming on and getting the ball 35 yards from goal facing backwards when we are chasing the game.

Our biggest problem in those last 20 minutes was the incredibly poor quality of balls into the box from set and open play, not JR.

• Like 4

I totally understand why many fans don’t rate Rhodes. 

But which pairing do those fans think is a better option? 

Windass

Paterson

Kachunga

Marriott

Im really struggling to pick a front two from that list that has goals in it. They’ve scored 2 goals combined in 1100 minutes on the pitch this season. 

49 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

I assume Rhodes was sent on to play high up and try and push the Brentford back 4 backwards by 5/10 yards, pushing Bannan further up the pitch and getting harris and reach in better positions.  That comes at a risk (offside). Not much point Rhodes coming on and getting the ball 35 yards from goal facing backwards when we are chasing the game.

Our biggest problem in those last 20 minutes was the incredibly poor quality of balls into the box from set and open play, not JR.

Which is so frustrating/annoying/disappointing that a hell of a lot of fans/posters/armchair supporters don't see it this way.

They just see 2 offsides, or 20 minutes with no touches, or Jordans coming on again and proceed to slate him straight away

Same said about Moses conceding from the corner, Dawson with his parry, Van Aken because we've conceded etc etc etc.

Happens week in week out. So annoying

11 hours ago, everydayiswednesday said:

We got a manager who got his tactics & team selection wrong. Has won 1 game in the last  15 , but they blame Rhodes.

Oh dear.

Strange that the league table says we have won 2 games this season?