Rhodes???

Guest samowl

9 minutes ago, samowl said:

Just baffling putting him on. Absolutely baffling. Left us with ten men. Unbelievable Jeff 

I'm always reminded of what could have been when I think of Rhodes.

I believe we were linked with a move for Ross McCormack at the time.

Just goes to show the money would have been wasted, even if Rhodes hadn't signed.

I still think Rhodes is going to get goals for us in this new team. Maybe off the bench though now. The new Workate will get him chances.

Tough ask against Brentford though tonight, after the game had already slipped away.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ross_McCormack?wprov=sfla1

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

Don’t think he actually touched the ball once. Not bad work if you can get it

Think this applies to every time he starts / plays / comes on , whatever this bloke had it disappeared 5 years ago , total waste of a time , just ignore him till it’s time to leave

• Like 3

1 minute ago, matt68owls said:

I wondered how long before the Rhodes haters came out, nothing to do with the service he didn't receive again.

Is hating Rhodes a thing? I just feel really sorry for him. He used to be good and he's clearly is a nice guy but he's not a footballer any more. 

It's sad.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, matt68owls said:

I wondered how long before the Rhodes haters came out, nothing to do with the service he didn't receive again.

He does look like a slow motion replay of himself though. 

lol

The game had already slipped away when he entered the game.

Windass didn't look fit. Must have been carrying a knock. Rhodes should have started in his pace.

• Like 2

Typical thread. Rhodes gets a 15 minute cameo and the knives are out because he didn’t score.

Perhaps if we playing a bit more football in their final third, Rhodes would see more involvement? Our tactic when he came on was hoof it up for Flint and Paterson to flick on. 

And it was bread and butter stuff for Brentford’s centre halves.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

He does look like a slow motion replay of himself though. 

lol

The game had already slipped away when he entered the game.

Windass didn't look fit. Must have been carrying a knock. Rhodes should have started in his pace.

Did Windass play?

He had a stinker. As did Marriott. As did Rhodes.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Adem Poric said:

Is hating Rhodes a thing? I just feel really sorry for him. He used to be good and he's clearly is a nice guy but he's not a footballer any more. 

It's sad.

Rhodes is a millstone around the kneck of owls fans. A reminder of spendaggedon. The embodiment of -12 points. Transfer embargoes. Creative accounting Horror stories.

A reminder of when we signed him, after we'd signed Fletcher and Winnall.

A reminder of that feeling when you first heard he'd signed.... WTF?!?

Not his fault though was it really?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I get that abuse of him is out of line. But in his time here, name the number of times you have seen him play and genuinely rated him above a 5/6!

He was very poor tonight, again. For whatever reason, and I suspect we'll never really know why, he has been a terrible signing. Gutted, as like many, I just wanted him to succeed. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

Did Windass play?

He had a stinker. As did Marriott. As did Rhodes.

A very disjointed performance around, but we stopped Brentford from taking us apart and we were able to create chances, because there was at least Workate. However the quality of the crossing / final ball wasn't there.

Brentford are a good team. Have been better than us for several years now. Another reminder of how football has changed.

• Like 1

A completely absurd decision to make by the sounds of it ..and not for the first time

Bringing on Rhodes like that is symptomatic of of Monks tenure here and will no doubt go some way to his justification of dropping Rhodes for god knows how long.

Baffling at times ...

• Like 1